WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - ESC with DC power supply instead of battery
Old 02-05-2015, 08:34 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ramses View Post
Thanks for your feedback
2.) I will generate PWM on Beaglebone(of course it doesn't matter any microcontroller can be) instead of using RC transmitter. I wonder that: is there any restriction on ESCs against PWM signal that generated by microcontroller?
I am not aware if there is any restrictions on ESC against PWS signals, maybe one of the electronic Gurus here can chime in. if you have any issues in generating a signal with your microcontroller, here is a servo tester dedicated for rc use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Turnigy-...3D171373022360

New
Servo Tester
760LV-HV
Dual Pulse Width
Selectable
In Stock, US Seller, Fast Shipment
The Turnigy 760HV servo tester was custom designed to be the most accurate and accommodating servo tester available. It's quality case design reflects the thought and design of this device.

Designed to handle Narrow (760us/560Hz) and Normal (1520us/66.6Hz) pulse servos plus being able to run with as little as 3v up to 12.6v. Making this a servo tester you can use with almost any servo!

The 760HV's versatility comes from the high-spec potentiometer and it's high-end NEC chip which can handle low(3v) and high(12.6v) voltages.

Spec.
Servo Type: (760us/560Hz) or (1520us/66.6Hz) HV or Standard
Input voltage: DC3~12.6V (1~3S Lipoly)
Plug:
Futaba & JR
Weight: 35g
Dimensions:
63x55x21mm
Attention:
Do not input a voltage that is higher than your servo can handle.

Page generated in 0.02999 seconds with 8 queries