WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - ESC with DC power supply instead of battery
Old 02-05-2015, 08:33 PM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ramses View Post
Thanks for your feedback
2.) I will generate PWM on Beaglebone(of course it doesn't matter any microcontroller can be) instead of using RC transmitter. I wonder that: is there any restriction on ESCs against PWM signal that generated by microcontroller?

Nope, done that myself several times with Microchip "PicChips".

You need to send a repeating pulse to your servo, with pulse width from 1.0 to 2.0 milliseconds. And, repeat the pulse every 20 milliseconds or so.

As far as using the PWM feature available on the PicChips, I found just used a variable pulsewidth by a simple 1 - 2 ms time delay for the "On" pulse, and a second 20 ms time delay for the "Off" pulse.

Most recent project was to use a PicChip timer to operate a servo, once per minute going to full clockwise, then return to counter clockwise. The software just output a 2 MS pulse, about 50 times, then output a 1 Ms pulse 3000 times. Simple, and it worked.

At least with the PicChips, using their PWM feature didn't have the resolution I could get with the simple time delay pulse generator program.

The arm on that servo pushed the shutter button on my Canon SX20IS camera.

Page generated in 0.04415 seconds with 8 queries