WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - lost plane finder,very loud!!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:37 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

not totaly sure of your question....but if you wire up directly to the rx,you will have a continual siren wether or not you want it.rx's seperate battery supply power to servos to hold them lock in center,so without the turnigy switch you can't control anything powering off the rx battery and the rx.all pins in the rx are receiving constant power including the 6th channel i use for the switch.what i like with this is if my motor bateries get unpluged in a crash my alarm will still work.you just have to be sure three things won't seperate the rx,rx battery,and the alarm.

the power required for the siren is 4v to 12v and with the turnigy switch in the off position your good.i only activate it as a goof flying.hopefully never to go find my plane.
we fly over marshgrass and deep woods so if a plane goes down you need a devise like mine or the loca8tor tracking system which cost $110come with 2 small tracking rxs and a hand held tx that beeps when pointed in the direction of the lost item[plane]
.some guys have gone down with that system and still not found their bird.

i lost my first kit built uproar over the trees and never found it after 4 days searching...bummmer

very serious though ,go up to a in home smoke detector and set it off....thats how loud the piazo siren is.
the turnigy switch would also be great for minnilight sets.

hope this helps...and dont fly with the alarm on all the time..not sure how fast your battery will hold up or your fellow pilots...lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dec. of 09 pictures 029.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	119805  

Page generated in 0.02813 seconds with 10 queries