WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - lost plane finder,very loud!!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
BEAR-AvHistory
RDRC

Originally Posted by STUART View Post
hi bear,thats the same device i just mentioned and installed it in this small 35"ws sig minisport i modified with ailerons.
drilled a small hole in the side of the fuse to expose the beeper part.may not be pretty but very needed if i ever hope to here it'

i would say its volume level is about or slightly louder that the musical tones my esc's give off....way better than nothing at all and very much worth the $10,if they are in stock ....grab a few,cause these items take months to restock...no joke!

still for larger more expensive plane i'd go with the loca8tor system,or a sure to hear finder.
heres the only plane that has the gws in it and i should really buy more,

After I looked again I saw your comments in the review section. Will get a few to play with as weight fillers on my package. I have already spent a bit of time with the guys walking around the bean fields looking for some of my foamies.

Usually the guys flying are pretty good about spotting the general location of a downed plane so depending on how loud it is to me will decide if I should put it in my bigger planes.
All of the above being said its really a great idea to have something in the plane & I like your piazo speaker idea.

Page generated in 0.02788 seconds with 8 queries