Old 07-16-2021, 07:54 PM
amadill

Question Permanent installation of parallel lipo batteries

I'm building a RC electric airboat and I'd like to use a pair of matched 5000 mAh 3S lipos. They will be mounted in an area that will be inconvenient to access, ie under a screw down waterproof hatch. I know there is no problem in tee'ing the power leads to the ESC in parallel. I'd like to put the 4 wire charge connectors in parallel and run them to an external charging connector on the deck so that I don't have to take the batteries out in order to charge them. Are there any issues in leaving both the power and charge connectors tied in parallel 7/24?

I know that I'm going to get admonished about charging in the model and possibly about charging in parallel but the batteries will always have the cells in balance and the voltages will be the same between the two packs. I'll make sure that model is someplace where I can't set the house on fire when charging. Most of the horror stories I've read about batteries going up in flames were the result of improper hookup or physical damage to the packs.

TIA

Page generated in 0.06719 seconds with 7 queries