Old 08-19-2016, 02:42 AM
Scotty68
Long time rookie

Default Control surface flutter on throttle up while sitting on the table!

I have just finished building my first foamie, and have installed all new electronics (except for receiver) only to have severe weirdness happen while throttling up. First of all let me tell you what I am working with.

Motor: 18-11 2000kv Micro Brushless Outrunner (10g)
Receiver: GWS 4 channel micro (FM)
ESC: E-Flite 10-Amp Pro Brushless with BEC
7.4v 2cell 800mAh LiPo battery
4 x 3.6gram micro servos (1-Rud, 1-Ele, 2-Ail.)
Futaba 6ch. FM, PCM, PPM Transmitter.

So basically I have everything hooked up and mounted securely in or on the plane, I have programmed the ESC and fully balance charged the battery. Transmitter on, battery plugged in, everything okay. Once the ESC is armed and I start to throttle up, all the control surfaces start to jitter, BADLY. This happens somewhere between 25% and 40% throttle. Most the time I just throttle down and it stops only to start again when I throttle back up, but sometimes I lose control all together, the motor develops a mind of it's own revving up and down, eventually coming to a stop along with the control surfaces allowing no input at all from the transmitter until I disconnect and reconnect the battery and it starts all over again. I have tried swapping out servos, receiver and battery but nothing seems to work. All the servos are mounted securely, there is no play in the linkages, the antennae is pretty well isolated from everything else. I just don't know what else to try, I've even ordered and installed new crystals in the TX and RX both, but didn't make any difference. Please help, it's such a cute little plane and I've spent so much time and effort building it, I would really hate to end up waffle stomping it into the driveway! But that's about where I am at with it.

Page generated in 0.08175 seconds with 7 queries