Old 02-29-2020, 06:17 PM
  #3  
solentlife
Super Contributor
 
solentlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ex UK Brit now in Latvia west coast - Ventspils
Posts: 12,783
Default

Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
I had this happen on some rubber coated binoculars I have. It required a solvent and lots rubbing to get it off. Basically had to rub down to "clean" rubber. I think the solvent may have been denatured alcohol but I may have had to go to acetone. It tried a few. Start with the mildest solvent and work your way up from there.
Been googling trying to find answer and the Alcohol ... through to Acetone ... seems to get highest marks.

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-t...e-from-rubber/

I was trying to avoid solvents ... once weather improves - I'll see if I can get the knobs off and into the house to 'play' ... maybe produce some 3D printed replacements
solentlife is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.09620 seconds with 8 queries