View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 03:42 AM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

I would rebind the heli first of all. How is the negative pitch on it? If by normal mode you mean idle up (not much point of throttle hold unless you use idle up), the rotor turning, and if the gear slid down on the shaft, the shaft will slide up and decrease the pitch possibly. Perhaps you think the servos aren't getting full travel, but perhaps the swash isn't getting full travel in reference to a moving shaft and hub. Under throttle hold, obviously gravity will bring the shaft back down, and bring pitch back to normal. If none of these areas are the culprit, then the programming in the radio. Check if pitch is the same on the throttle hold and normal mode. Actually, applying the same curve to throttle hold as idle up is a good choice, rather than making a new curve, or not using curve at all, letting the system use the idle up pitch curve. I made a new curve for throttle hold on my 450x...same curve as idle up, but the pitch wasn't the same, because it was set to add or something in the new curve...and because the heli was technically in idle up still, throttle hold added to the previous curve. This cause the heli to shoot up 20 feet, and then the rotor stopped, resulting in bad damage.

To give a list of what I would do for settings (Note I use negative number for negative pitch, although in my radio even throttle curve range from -100 t to 100):

Throttle:
Curve 1: 0 25 50 75 100
Curve 2: 100 100 100 100 100
Curve 3: Throttle hold (Replace, not add to)- 0 0 0 0 0

Pitch:
Curve 1: -10 0 30 70
Curve 2: -100 -50 0 50 100

And that is it (I only use idle up so I can't recall the Normal Mode pitch).

Page generated in 0.07412 seconds with 10 queries