Old 03-24-2012, 04:13 AM
  #3  
dcwwcp
Member
 
dcwwcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 128
Default

Did a little more to the dummy motor.
the cylinders are painted with model masters semi gloss black and glued to what I believe is the coolant porting tube. then I cut them all even on the bottom, sanded them and glued a piece of cardstock below to hold them together.
I started test fitting some pieces for the intake. Iím using plastistruct butyrate plastic tube and elbow fittings to make it easy and itís pretty light. Itís slightly heavier than the styrene, but more flexible. Should make for good radiator pipes too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3171.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	158420   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3172.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	158421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3173.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	158422   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3174.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	158423  
dcwwcp is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.05858 seconds with 15 queries