WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Lets Discuss Flaps...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 AM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
I initially tried Flaperons, the Apprentice wing was not a fan. The ailerons become completely useless will less "Flaperon" added than you'd think. I have a DX8 and was able to program 2 levels of Flaperon, and it just upset the plane way too much. I am thinking this will be much better, as I retain full aileron travel, and move my "Braking" inboard away from where the wing has most control (Outer edges). Plus i like experimenting...
Use your rudder on landing. I have my aleroins set to 40%, which is quite a lot. I have the control horns on maximum throws. If you have it mixed right, the alerons still respond well, when you hit them, one side moves up quickly, giving you the same effect as it would without flaps on. I think you just need to find the sweet spot. Adding flaps will add weight and complexity, making the wing loading higher and making it more likely for a switch to crash you. Your also going to block all of the air flow over your aleroins, making them even more useless then they were before.

Good luck, and I hope I'm wrong.

Page generated in 0.02825 seconds with 8 queries