WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Lets Discuss Flaps...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 04:35 AM
NFA Fabrication

Originally Posted by hayofstacks View Post
Why not just use flapperons? I have no experiance with the apprentice, but my alpha has flaperoins. They work well, do not balloon upwords and increase lift. Stall is much slower, but requires much more power to keep the plane moving forwards and off the ground. Makes the aleroins less touchy. I can fly the plane the exact same or slower without them by using up elevator and landing nose up. They do greatley reduce top speed and help climb. They also do not change stalling characteristics and make the rudder slightly more resposive.
I initially tried Flaperons, the Apprentice wing was not a fan. The ailerons become completely useless will less "Flaperon" added than you'd think. I have a DX8 and was able to program 2 levels of Flaperon, and it just upset the plane way too much. I am thinking this will be much better, as I retain full aileron travel, and move my "Braking" inboard away from where the wing has most control (Outer edges). Plus i like experimenting...

Page generated in 0.04327 seconds with 8 queries