WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - PL6... 2 cell charging over 10A?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 PM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by fq06 View Post
Of course you wouldn't want your power setup to ask for anywhere near the limit of the lipo...about half is a good rule of thumb. My motor probably pulls a little over 180a max draw on a 220A per phase ESC. I run 12g wire and its warm but not hot.
If you want to be able to easily measure very high DC currents, check out the Sears Craftsman #82369 digital AC And DC clamp on ammeter for just under $60.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03482369000P

This allows measuring DC currents in two ranges, 0-40 Amps, and 0-400 Amps, simply by clamping the meters jaws around ONE of the battery leads. Also note that most clamp on ammeters are AC only, not useful for our stuff.

I've got one, and take it along to the flying field whenever I go there. Makes it easy to check other members electric setups without needing adapter cables and such. This meter also has the usual resistance, AC and DC voltage, frequency, and even has a thermocouple type digital thermometer.

Page generated in 0.02770 seconds with 8 queries