WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - How Do I Mount My Outrunner Motor ?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Numbthumbs View Post
Hi Chellie! Great thread, as usual!

Would this idea work for the pictures below? I tried to mount it on Polypropylene, and hot glue it to the frame, but at full throttle, the depron tore. Now my frame is shorter hehe.
The motor MAY be a wee powerful, ahemmm, but we wants to make it work.
Could I use a piece of 3mm ply for the firewall, reinforced with wood along the frame, as you picture it? I may use the nuts/bolts spacer idea, for ease of angle adjustments too, but I am worried about weight.
I am kind of on my last attempt here, because after two failed attempts, my plane is getting short lol.
Thanks,
Numbthumbs
Sure that will work Better yet, slot the foam horizontal sides so you can sheet both sides of the vertical fuse the full width, about 2" back from the front, drill some holes in the foam and add some spacers for the bolts, so they dont crush the foam, brush on some 30 min epoxy or gorrila glue to the foam, and add the ply sides... on the bottom of the horizontal foam at the front, add some ply to that too, both sides on the bottom, and epoxy to the foam & plywood sides, that should be super super strong then just epoxy your firewall to the front, I have had to do this too, hope that helps, Chellie

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	motor mount 2.jpg
Views:	3222
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	108418  

Last edited by CHELLIE; 09-02-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.02744 seconds with 10 queries