WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Ivanhoe

Default Just introducing myself

Hello to all here, I've just registered on the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm a born-again aeromodeller in that I built and flew all types of model for many years, up until I made the mistake of taking-on the running of a model shop, never take up your hobby as your job! After dealing with models all day, every day, you do not feel like modelling in your spare time! So I built my last model in about 1975. Having now retired, I found the interest returning, and decided to get back to the fold about a year ago, did I get a shock! the hobby has changed so much over the last 30-odd years that I was totally lost! I'm just about beginning to find my way around again, and decided to give electric R/C a try, since I like the idea of just switching on and flying! I've just scratch-built a little foamy trainer and I'm just waiting for some reasonable weather to maiden it.
Since I will definately need lots of help and advice I thought it only sensible to join a forum where I hope I can appeal for both when I have to!

Page generated in 0.02805 seconds with 8 queries