WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kansas (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Kansas clubs (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61424)

SARG5 04-12-2011 07:17 PM

Kansas clubs
 
Someone should put something in this Thread.
I live 10 miles north of Russell, Ks. The local Russell club can never keep a location to fly at.
So, a couple of the ex-club members came out to our farm. We found an location on a excellent county road. Built a flying strip out in the pasture.
Still work in progress.
NO, WE DO NOT HAVE AN OFFICIAL CLUB. Only requirements are.
1. Can fly by invite only
2. Must be a current member of AMA, for insurance.
4. Please help out with mowing and up keep.
5. The gate is never locked. Please close the gate,
6. HAVE FUN
FLYING AND SEEING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND
PS
Help remove the cow poop from the field. Fork provided. Watch out for the little ones that mom put down to rest on the field. No, they will not leave until mom comes and gets them.
SARG5[popcorn]

SARG5 10-31-2011 02:16 PM

HELLO, HELLO , HELLO AGAIN [out there in KANSAS LAND]. Does anyone hear me????
I would like very much to get a group going on this thread here in KANSAS. Again, I live 10 miles north of Russell. Have own RC flying field here on the farm.
If anyone picks this thread up. Lets try to get something going. Like the Colorado
RC folks have.
SARGE5
FLYING IN THE KANSAS WINDS AND SEEING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND

SARG5 12-02-2012 09:33 PM

Hello again. Is there anyone out there in NC KANSAS, OR IN KANSAS?????????
SARG5

DCDetector 12-02-2012 10:38 PM

I'm in Dodge City 150 miles away. Sorry. I sure wish we had a field here.

CHELLIE 12-03-2012 01:56 AM


Originally Posted by SARG5 (Post 890729)
Hello again. Is there anyone out there in NC KANSAS, OR IN KANSAS?????????
SARG5

Hi Sarg :) get the word out at RCG, RCU, Flying Giants and other forums, but a Classified ad in your local news paper, Hope That helps, Chellie

SARG5 12-03-2012 01:53 PM

Hello DC DETECTOR
We come to Dodge City to the Casino , not a lot, but once in a while. Would like to chat with you when we are out that way next time. We can talk RC while the wife plays the slots.
SARG5

SARG5 12-03-2012 01:57 PM

Hello CHELLIE
Those close around me know of my RC field. Problem WAY OUT HERE IN FLY OVER COUNTRY, is distance from each other. And , ,,,, have more chats with your flyers way out there then those in Kansas. Tried to get something going in AMA mag. , but that did not work.
Thank you everyone for your support.
SARG5

SARG5 08-27-2013 12:40 AM

HELLO KANSAS
SARG5 , is still here 10 miles north of Russell, Ks. , just off of US-281.
Give me a shout.
SEEING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND
FLYING FOR THE FUN OF RC
SARG5

swimmer 08-27-2013 03:09 AM

Hey, SARG5,

I'm a retired flier 7 miles south of Wichita. Long way from you. We have several clubs around here. Some reasonable and one that will cost a new flier $315.00 to join then just a mere $215.00 a year. Sure limits their membership. We have lots of great flying sites, AMA fields, parks, country roads and one previous AMA field that is still a great place to fly. Our local parks are electric only. Been flying a long time and have yet to find anyone not supportive of our sport in this area. Had cops stop and watch, the dog catcher, mailmen and lots of city folks that give the thumbs up after I land. I think it is the thumb anyway. (ha-ha)

Hope all goes well for your group. Will fly with you if I ever have a reason to come to Russell. See Bob Dole very much?

SARG5 08-27-2013 02:07 PM


Originally Posted by swimmer (Post 921309)
Hey, SARG5,

I'm a retired flier 7 miles south of Wichita. Long way from you. We have several clubs around here. Some reasonable and one that will cost a new flier $315.00 to join then just a mere $215.00 a year. Sure limits their membership. We have lots of great flying sites, AMA fields, parks, country roads and one previous AMA field that is still a great place to fly. Our local parks are electric only. Been flying a long time and have yet to find anyone not supportive of our sport in this area. Had cops stop and watch, the dog catcher, mailmen and lots of city folks that give the thumbs up after I land. I think it is the thumb anyway. (ha-ha)

Hope all goes well for your group. Will fly with you if I ever have a reason to come to Russell. See Bob Dole very much?

I am retired Kansas Highway Patrol. 1960 to 1987, Retired Army USAR
1951 TO 1987. Retired Dept. of Rev. Dealer Lic. 198 to 1997. Started flying RC back in about 1972. Nitro. Hung everything up for about 30 years, Found a story on Elect. RC. Sounded interesting. Now. Elect. is all that I do. Only 4/5 RC guys fly here at the farm.
We do come to Wichita from time to time. Take wife to the Casino. You must be CLOSE TO THAT LOCATION. I can come visit while the wife does her casino thing.
I am very strong with a Military Veterans RV Travel Club. S.M.A.R.T., Nation wide with about 1600 members. I am the National R & R Chairperson. SEEING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND.
Have a great day of flying. We are headed to Salina to take care of grandchild while daughter goes to Denver for surgery tomorrow. Taking my EasyStar along with me to fly down there.
Have a great flight
SARG5

mikeweber3 12-14-2014 03:54 AM

Dodge city
 
Hello detector

I'm in Dodge. R u still flying?

Mike

SARG5 12-14-2014 05:23 PM

Yes, SARG5 is still flying. Not as much as I should be. Spend time fishing and traveling with our RV. With our Military Veterans.
Have a great Christmas to you and your family
SEEING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND

BIGDFLYS 04-15-2015 04:48 PM

Hello there, from Haysville. I fly at Chapin, Afton, the old AMA field here in Haysville, and High Park in Derby.

SARG5 04-15-2015 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by BIGDFLYS (Post 972420)
Hello there, from Haysville. I fly at Chapin, Afton, the old AMA field here in Haysville, and High Park in Derby.

Have not got the Easyflyer out yet this spring. Getting ready to go camping with our Military RV club.
Have a good flight
SARG5

swimmer 04-15-2015 10:08 PM


Originally Posted by BIGDFLYS (Post 972420)
Hello there, from Haysville. I fly at Chapin, Afton, the old AMA field here in Haysville, and High Park in Derby.

I fly at all those places except Chapin. Live in Derby, west side of Garrett Park.

SARG5 04-16-2015 12:25 AM


Originally Posted by swimmer (Post 972449)
I fly at all those places except Chapin. Live in Derby, west side of Garrett Park.

We come down to the casino once in a while. Will try and contact you our next time down
SARG5

SARG5 10-21-2015 07:39 PM

HELLO EVERYONE FROM N/C Kansas
Have not been up all summer . Hope to get to going again.
Hope all is well with everyone

SARG5

rfzl 03-31-2016 10:35 PM

Central Kansas and Kansas City
 
Sarg, I feel you. I grew up in Hays and we flew off a pasture with cows and patties to avoid (way back in around 1980). I was just out there for Easter but did not bring any planes. Too windy anyway. Perhaps my next time out, we can meet up and do a little flying. No promises but a good reason to pack a plane and get out of mom's hair while visiting. I'm retired so timing is very fluid and trips out that way infrequent.

Hope this finds you well and sorry you're not getting any response from the Hays gang or anyone else.

Ron

SARG5 04-01-2016 12:52 AM


Originally Posted by rfzl (Post 992390)
Sarg, I feel you. I grew up in Hays and we flew off a pasture with cows and patties to avoid (way back in around 1980). I was just out there for Easter but did not bring any planes. Too windy anyway. Perhaps my next time out, we can meet up and do a little flying. No promises but a good reason to pack a plane and get out of mom's hair while visiting. I'm retired so timing is very fluid and trips out that way infrequent.

Hope this finds you well and sorry you're not getting any response from the Hays gang or anyone else.

Ron

Have not been flying much this spring. Ready to go. But then there comes fishing, camping with my MILITARY Veteran friends all of the time. Getting old. Seeing Doc. far tooooo much. You are welcome to fly anytime you are out this way. Have a good spring and summer. SEEEING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND My Cell: 785-483-1504 [email protected] '


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.05019 seconds with 7 queries