WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   WWI planes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

Biplane Murphy 08-12-2007 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by scalercflyer (Post 246704)
Murph, if it's free it's me! It'll never replace my love for WWI birds though. Martin

I hear that Martin....I have a couple free ones waiting to be dealt with.:)
And yep...WW1 birds are my favorite as well!!!!

WWI Ace 08-12-2007 06:56 PM

Paint it red Martin!!! Cool jet!!! I just hope you aren't so old that your reflexes can't keep up!!! Ha ha!!! Steve.

scalercflyer 08-12-2007 10:17 PM

Big or small, I CAN fly them all!! Martin

degreen60 08-12-2007 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by scalercflyer (Post 246697)
Well Boys, one of my best friends gave me this jet. I may temporarlly sideline some building and put it together. Seems like I need a jet to turn and burn. Back on the DRI shortly. BTW, this is an Ultrafly plane. Check out this site for more info. Martin
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=571

http://image2.rcuniverse.com/magazin...571/splash.jpg

And I always thought jet started flying in WW2, guess I was wrong.

WWI Ace 08-12-2007 11:12 PM

Just think what it would be like to have a couple of engines like a ME 262 under the wings of a Fokker tripe!!! They were Jumo engines I think. Do you think the tripe would have enough structural integrity to fly or would it instantly turn into a flying bonfire? Steve.

WWI Ace 08-14-2007 02:23 AM

Okay guys, bad day here!! My 9yr. old that was going to probably fly his first WWI plane this weekend has broken his arm!! He has a compound fracture. Yep, both wrist bones were poking out of the skin!! He's okay. He is just one of those kids that always has to be doing something. Now he's down for 6-8 weeks!!! He ain't liking it!!! Oh well, the plane will be waiting on him when he's well. Steve.

Biplane Murphy 08-14-2007 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by WWI Ace (Post 248201)
Okay guys, bad day here!! My 9yr. old that was going to probably fly his first WWI plane this weekend has broken his arm!! He has a compound fracture. Yep, both wrist bones were poking out of the skin!! He's okay. He is just one of those kids that always has to be doing something. Now he's down for 6-8 weeks!!! He ain't liking it!!! Oh well, the plane will be waiting on him when he's well. Steve.

Dang Steve, that stinks:<......Hope he heals well!!!:)
I'm sure you were lookin' forward to that flight even more than he was!!

Best wishes for the kid........

FlyingMonkey 08-14-2007 03:02 AM

how did he do it?

scalercflyer 08-14-2007 03:12 AM

Down and out

Man Steve!! Seems like the Devil is working overtime at the Collins' house!!! A compound fracture!!! Man does that smart! My youngest boy did the same thing when he was your boy's age. Only he needed to punch the concrete at that time for some reason (I still haven't figured it out!). Hope the youngin' heals quick! How's Mom handling it? Anyway, I started putting the controls into the SU-27 tonight. I'm concerned about the motor not being right on the thrust line. I'm not using the recommended gearbox. I'm using my brushless bell type with a direct drive using a 7X5 prop. As soon as I get the camera, I'll shoot you Guys some pics. Any and all criticism and opinions are welcome as always. Also seems like I'm running low on RXs and servos. Steve didn't you mention something about Chinese servos? How are they? I think I'm gonna order something from them real soon. Just need to come up with some "airplane money"! I have resigned myself to only buying the Berg Rxs. They are absolutely bullet proof and the price is right ($30.00). They lock on to your TXs signal and only recognize it. It does require a specific channel crystal. All for Now. Martin

Tucson Don 08-14-2007 03:18 PM

WW-1 airplanes Bristol Scout.

I have a foam version of a BRISTOL SCOUT on my work bench. It is a very
well proportioned model and should fly better than the shorter nosed
Camels and Nieuports. In an effort to save weight I am using 3mm depron
in places where less strength is needed. The wings will probably be flat
panels.
Thse old biplanes are fun..!

FlyingMonkey 08-14-2007 03:21 PM

This is *kinda* cool!

I found a site where they have paper models, not just craft, but the people who worked on them.

http://www.juniorgeneral.org/early20th.htm

Bub Steve 08-14-2007 06:21 PM

To Steve Son!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
GET WELL SOON !!!!
Your bub's IN"MULLET MURODER'S" RC'ER'S

WWI Ace 08-15-2007 02:49 AM

My boy broke his arm skateboarding Flyingmonkey. Yeah it's dangerous but he's usually very good at it!! Just landed wrong. Thanks guys for all posts to him!! I've let him read them and he got "the giggles." He's already going crazy from being in the house too much!! He's wearing me out walking around the neighborhood with him after work. Thanks again guys for the best wishes!! We really appreciate it!!! Steve and Colton.

FlyingMonkey 08-15-2007 11:54 AM

Yikes. I busted my wrist once when I was a kid. Just crushed the little wrist bones when I was climing off the (no pun intended...) monkey bars, and a kid grabbed my foot and pulled me off.

WWI Ace 08-18-2007 06:24 PM

Okay guys, BROKEN ARM BOY tried to fly on my G3.5 sim. Not too good!!! Gonna have to wait maybe till he gets a half cast. But we did get him the Playstation Snoopy vs. Red Baron game and he can do that! So at least he gets to fly around in his Sopwith Camel searching for that elusive red triplane. Martin would love this game because he would get to DESTROY the red tripe!!! Ha ha!!! Steve.

scalercflyer 08-18-2007 09:45 PM

Yeah Steve, like Father like son! Snoopy and the Red Baron indeed! Just goes to show you all Texicans are nuts! Must be something to do with bull fighting and RED capes! Or maybe it's in the water down there! Martin

xuzme720 08-18-2007 09:46 PM

probably the chilli!

WWI Ace 08-18-2007 10:52 PM

Need to work on my plane but the little one needed entertaining and the middle one needed to be picked up from New Orleans trip. Took the little one to the Freedom Mueseum and they let him wander around in an old Coast Guard search and rescue heli. He liked that!! They have a B-25 and some old WW2 tracks and trucks. They let him crawl through the B-25 last time I took him. I try to take the little one to do something at least every other weekend. His brothers are big enough that they do their own thing now. That's why I want to get him really into RC flying. Then I can watch him progess along with spending time with him. I guess I oughta look for a second WWI looking plane in case he crashes the D7. He wants WWI stuff but I think he wouldn't mind something like a GWS Pico Stick F. They look close to WWI and are easy to fly!! Steve.

Biplane Murphy 08-18-2007 10:56 PM

That'd be great to have your son for a flyin' buddy!!!
RC club with 2 members.:)

WWI Ace 08-18-2007 11:45 PM

Yeah, "The Terrible Twosome RC Club!!!" Steve.

WWI Ace 08-19-2007 11:23 PM

Come on guys,where are ya? I feel so all alone!!! Still waiting on the tiny servos for tripe. I decided not to put all those wings on and then try to put the servos and pushrods in the fuse. I'll get the fuse done and then deal with all the wings. With my clumsy paws I think there will be less chance of breakage!!! How are those Electrifly tripes comin'? Steve

WWI Ace 08-19-2007 11:53 PM

Hey Flying Monkey! I just went to that Hodges Hobbies site and that B29 looks like the one I see in all my RC magazines!! If it's the same one it is one impressive airplane!!! Steve.

FlyingMonkey 08-20-2007 03:18 AM

I don't know if it's always the same one, I have seen it enough in recent magazines to bet that it is the one you saw.

No matter what, it's very impressive.

degreen60 08-20-2007 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by WWI Ace (Post 253175)
He wants WWI stuff but I think he wouldn't mind something like a GWS Pico Stick F. They look close to WWI and are easy to fly!! Steve.

I taught myself to fly with the GWS Pico Stick F. I found all the mods on the net that I could and added them to mine. I had to reinforce mine where the wings join together. I had bamboo skewers added to the wings. I looped the plane into the wind and the wings tore into at the joint. Even the plastic ripped into that reinforces the joint. I added a plywood V joining the bamboo skewers and no more problems. Mine has been in several trees, hit the ground straight in, hit a barb wire fence several times and it is still flying. I wore out 2 of the brush motors and now have a brushless motor salavaged from a PC tape drive.

scalercflyer 08-20-2007 03:38 AM

Flying

Well Guys, I flew my Funny Park today for the first time. I expected the plane to fly slow, but it was twitchy and very sensitive to elevator and I had to keep the speed up. I suspect it has to do with the short coupled tail movement. Maybe I need to work on it some more. Any way, I have not hit on any plane I am really satisfied with yet. It may just be that I need to put the tripe (or something else WWI ) together. What do you think? I don't think we will be enjoying calm flying conditions for much longer up here in the Northeast so I need to get building. Maybe I will build 2 at the same time! Steve, how's Colt doing? I hope he's healing quickly. BTW, spending more quality time with Dad is not a bad thing. Sorry it had to be under such bad circumstances. Martin