WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   WWI planes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

WWI Ace 06-29-2007 01:38 AM

Actually, Martin already has his! He just hasn't assembled it yet. I noticed Mr. Bengston is on here. Any new kits about to be released by your company? Sure would like to know! Steve.

WWI Ace 06-29-2007 01:46 AM

I don't know if you guys have bought any of Kurt's kits from www.aerodromerc.com but they're great!!! Laser-cut and VERY well designed! He has everything from small to big in almost any WWI or Golden Age plane you can think of! His website is very informative too!! Steve.

Bengtson 06-29-2007 06:37 PM

For WWI, we just released Tim Kwasny's 1/8th scale Thomas Morse Scout last week. I'm working on a 9th scale Sopwith Snipe, 9th scale SPAD XIII, 6th scale Nieuport 28, 6th scale DH.2, 8th scale Pfalz Dr.I and a 1/12th scale A.E.G. IV bomber among others.

WWI Ace 06-29-2007 11:15 PM

Thanks for the update Kurt. You're still the king of WWI kits as far as I'm concerned!! Steve.

Biplane Murphy 07-07-2007 05:45 AM

Hope everyone had a happy 4th of july..................
Now where is everyone hiding?
WW1 isn't over yet, so you all must be building more aircraft!!

Murph.........

WWI Ace 07-07-2007 09:31 PM

I'm still here!! Thinking about buying a 24" ws Fokker Eindecker full kit from www.manzanolaser.com for $14.95 plus $7.00 shipping. This kit has all the wood (laser cut of course), and the wire for the landing gear and wing warp cable support. Plus the tubing for the hinges. I think it even comes with neoprene cord for tires! It's a Peter Rake design. Steve.

WWI Ace 07-07-2007 09:58 PM

I couldn't help myself!!! I went ahead and ordered it! Charlie told me that they are probably losing money selling these full kits so cheap. But he said they're too cute to keep to themselves. I'll bet Franny would do an excellent build on one of these! She has great attention to detail. Steve.

Biplane Murphy 07-07-2007 11:12 PM

Wow!! Nice kit Steve........Looked at it on that link.
With the free downloaded plans and $21.00 with shipping, that is the most inexpensive kit ever!!! Even less than a foamie.
Can't wait to see pics of your build!
Still waiting for my GP Dr1!!
I just had a litter of 6 springer spaniel pups on 7/5/07, so no flying or building for a little bit!!
I'll just have to get my RC fix vicariously through you guys for now.

Murph....

larrypaul 07-07-2007 11:43 PM

Gentlemen, thank you for this info, am going to jump on this bandwagon!!!!!

WWI Ace 07-08-2007 12:22 AM

Wow Murph I bet you're wore out after having 6 pups!! are you sore? Ha ha!!! Hey Larrypaul, Charlie says it's a great kit!! Glad your gettin' one!! Steve

Biplane Murphy 07-08-2007 12:37 AM

Steve...pretty funny!!
I am wore out....She started having them at 5:20 A.M.
Midwife is a tough job.

So how's Martin doin'?

Murph........

WWI Ace 07-08-2007 12:45 AM

Martin was supposed to call on the 4th but he didn't. I have received email from him though and he said he is getting better. Maybe I'll hear from him this weekend. We've built quite a bond between us because of this thread. I consider him to be one of my best friends and we've never met face to face!! Glad to hear you were the midwife!! I was about to notify the National Enquirer with the story of the century!! Steve

Biplane Murphy 07-08-2007 12:54 AM

Glad to hear he's feeling better!! He's one of my favorite posters on this site!!
I was hoping my female would give birth to a shiny new Dr1 or a Bristol fighter, But it didn't happen!! hehehehehe

Murph....

WWI Ace 07-08-2007 01:39 AM

Get on here Martin!! I see your name down there!!

scalercflyer 07-08-2007 01:55 AM

I'm back Boys!!

Sorry for the delay in posting Boys. Unfortunately, I was experiencing some severe back problems(bad discs). It seems that I am no longer Superman with the ability to lift 300 pound Camaro differentials! Of course I HAD to show the younger Guys the old Dog still had it. Well Boys, the only thing I had was a brain f-rt! Never should have lifted that infernal thing! Anyway, 5+ weeks I'm almost back to normal (if there is such a thing). I have been flying lately on weekdays (towards the evening after work). I am getting the itch to put my DRI GP together. It seems that there is considerable opposition to me changing the size of that OVERSIZED Rudder! Well, I don't care! It's going to happen!! So There! Besides if I don't the ghost of Anthony Fokker will visit me! The weather in South Jersey does not seem to cooperate on the weekends. It's either to hot or too windy. Oh well. I hope everything is OK with you Guys. Care to share some current builds? Steve, I also have been thinking of a scratch built N17 ala PR plans. I know you were hot on the plane there for awhile. Murph my Boy, speak to me!! Martin

WWI Ace 07-08-2007 02:20 AM

My love for Nieuports is still alive and kickin'!! Just haven't found the right kit yet. Pat Tritle did a kit of one. It can be found on www.patscustommodels.com I think. I just don't have sixty bucks burning a hole in my pocket right now. I gotta do one though! Glad to hear your better!! Sounds like Camaros are your Kryptonite Superman! Glad to have ya back here. These guys have missed ya!! Did ya see I'm gettin' a small "Einy"? Couldn't pass it up for $22 dollars for a full kit. I know you don't like 'em but they're still Fokkers! Steve.

WWI Ace 07-08-2007 02:22 AM

OOPPSSS!!! It's [email protected] I guess!!

WWI Ace 07-08-2007 02:24 AM

They have a link for him at www.manzanolaser.com also. This one lists all his kits.

Biplane Murphy 07-08-2007 02:29 AM

whoopieeeee!!! Martin, so glad to hear from you!!
My GP Dr1 still not here, but may have been shipped yesterday.
I want to do the Kempf or Jacobs color scheme.
Also after my newborn springer pups get a bit older, I think I want to build a Peter Rake Bristol Fighter. Kiwi Provided me with a lot of photos from all sides!!
Damaged both my Fokker DVII and SE5a in one day!! Both need small repairs.
Had an electric Ultimate bipe stuck 100+ feet up in a tree for 2 weeks, and finally got it back with the help of a friend who is a proffessional tree climber/logger!! Very minor damage all fixed. However a 2100 3s li-po batt was depleted to 3 volts, so I guess that is the only loss.
So......I'm really glad you are feeling better because us young whippersnappers (like me and Steve) sure do need you around!!!

Murph............

Biplane Murphy 07-08-2007 02:32 AM

Oh...Forgot to mention........There must be something bad about Camaros, because my one year old male spaniel has removed most of the interior of mine for me!!! I think he hates that car.

Murph....

50+AirYears 07-09-2007 02:40 PM

Lately I have been doing an inventory of the plans I have in my posession,and I was a bit startled to realize how many Peter Rake WW-I era plans I have from a number of years of buying AMI, FSM/RCFSM, and RCMW. Is he trying to challenge Walt Musciano innumber of published designs?

BTW, I have a list of over 500 plans in RC, CL, and FF so far, and I am maybe 1/2 way through the count. Also amazing is how many plans are rubber powered FF. And somwhere in my mag collection, I am sure I have a couple articles on RC Rubber power.

WWI Ace 07-09-2007 11:22 PM

Wow 50+!!! You've been collecting for awhile!! Little WWI planes would be cool. Steve.

das ace 07-09-2007 11:35 PM

hello, i'm back sorry about the wait but the zepplin i was building caught fire and destroyed the factory i was building it in i also suffered minor injuries but since i decided to trash the zepplin and move on to some thing else my next project a full scale fokker dr.1

50+AirYears 07-09-2007 11:41 PM

I was thinking what an ERC fleet I'd have room for using the Plantranco gear in some of those Peanut and Pistachio sized rubber WW-I scale planes. Like a Martinsyde, or an Avro 534, a Siemans Schukert E-1, Nickolas-Beazley NB-86, Sopwith Tripe, Sopwith Tabloid, Nieuport Monoplane, Bristol M-1, dozens of small scale rubber FF that would probably fly beautifly with that kind of microgram radio equipment.

Hey, I actually found I have an old (1947) plan for a Curtis Triad flying boat that was designed for CL. Shouldn't be much problem to electrifly it, with the RC gear in the main float.

I still have about 35 more FAC newletters, and maybe a half-dozen NCCL newsletters to look through, then about 3 more boxes of plans, and several more years collections of issues of FSM, AMI, RCMW, FM, MAN, MA, AT, YM, ATHFYM, AAM, AM, and others.

So many planes to build and fly, so little time available! Seeing those 1:72 RC jobs at Toledo this year was so stimulating.

WWI Ace 07-10-2007 02:23 AM

50+, tiny planes like that would be too cool!! If they worked well for FF they should be great for tiny RC. Do you already have the Plantraco gear? I think a tiny Sopwith tripehound would really get some attention!! Steve.