WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here! (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3)

kdelca7470 11-11-2011 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Don Sims (Post 843466)
Welcome!

thanks DON, appreciate your help!

Don Sims 11-11-2011 03:56 AM

Happy to help!

tome2ns 11-28-2011 02:07 AM

new flyer

New to this. Having a blast with my new "toys" Great forum love the help I get here .Thanks to all

theoldALFER 11-28-2011 04:13 AM

How the heck do I post a new thread or post??????

????

I'm new to this site (sort of) and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to start a thread or a new post. I know it's probably right in front of me, but I give up.

This is not exactly a 'user friendly' - a least to me- site...

or, I'm dumb as a pile or rocks...

SO HELP!!! Thanks ????

Turner 11-28-2011 04:25 AM

New Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Pick a forum you want to start a new thread in, any forum, and at the top, or bottom, left of the page is the "New Thread" button. To respond to an existing thread use "Post Reply".

DHC Beaver 11-28-2011 05:33 AM

new

Hi all,I'm a new member from New Zealand.I've been flying for 25 years off and on,but only got serious about electrics recently.
I built a Lazy Bee out of 5mm foamboard,with the wing actually having some balsa in it.It weighs 1kg.
I powered it with a 2830 Turnigy motor,180w,but found this inadequate,using a 3s 1300mah Li-Po,and 30A esc.
My mate let me borrow a Hobbyking "donkey" 1100kv motor,supposedly about 280w.I'm just making a new mount for that,and will post some pics when I can.

Don Sims 11-28-2011 10:49 AM

Welcome gents! Theoldalfer we have a post minimum to keep spammers down in most of the forums before you can start a thread. Reply to existing threads a time or two more and you'll be good to go.

bdel 11-28-2011 11:11 PM

Turner n OldAlf

Thanks for the questions, and thanks for the answer. I'm just beginning to pickup on how things work. Your answer to Alf speeds things up. bdel

mydavid 11-29-2011 06:55 AM

wild hawk electrical problem

loss power today after about 30 seconds into flight. if i push the little red power switch the motor will work until about half rpm's. Then it cuts out again. seems like a fuse. Not too sure could use some electrical advice..Thx

Fishbonez 11-29-2011 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by mydavid (Post 846165)
loss power today after about 30 seconds into flight. if i push the little red power switch the motor will work until about half rpm's. Then it cuts out again. seems like a fuse. Not too sure could use some electrical advice..Thx

First of all Welcome to Wattflyer there is a ton if info here.
I purchased my Hawk with out any electronics in it but it did come with a set of instructions. After reading through them I do not see where there is a fuse. Are you sure your battery was or is fully charged?

mydavid 11-30-2011 12:45 AM

the battery is nearly fully charged. I'm thinking maybe a fuseable link in the wiring harness. It's shrinkwrapped but seems to be some electronic component in there.

Fishbonez 11-30-2011 02:36 AM

Well I wish I could be of more help to you I did some research but still could not find any info on a fuseable link or fuses. However I did read a lot about the 2 switches malfunctioning often. I would start at the battery first and ensure it is fully charged and then Trouble Shoot from there.
Good Luck and feel free to ask questions through out the forums. There is no dumb questions, believe me I probably ask a lot of what might be considered dumb, and usually there is someone with an answer or can lead you in the right direction. Also try doing a search at the top of the page right between New Posts and Quick Links. Might be of some help in researching your answer

Good Luck

mydavid 11-30-2011 02:53 AM

thx

good advice, i'm charging the battery now, will try to test switches next, I cut away the shrinkwrap and am trying to comprehend the electronic device the switches and power and motor are connected to.

mydavid 11-30-2011 04:55 AM

problem solved, loose solder shorting out.

Don Sims 11-30-2011 11:19 AM

Welcome David! Glad you sorted out the issue.

RC Dad 12-02-2011 06:45 PM

Hello all you WattFlyers!

New to the site and the hobby. My oldest son and I went to a Flyin this fall and we were hooked. We had a Supercub previously, but really did not fly it too much as I was always the one to nose it in and break things. But after going to the Flyin, have decided this will be a great family hobby for me and the two boys. The wife too if we can get her into it (have an idea for a nice pink plane to coax her out to the field :) ).

Have been gearing up and doing a lot of reading online. This is a great community and am looking forward to learning from everyone and at some point even be able to contribute something meaningful in the future.

Have lots of questions, but have to wait until after Xmas as that is when the boys will be getting most of their RC gear. We did get the Phoenix simulator and am getting a little more confident that I may actually be able to get the Supercub up and back in one piece...time will tell.

If there are any other fellow MN flyers out there, let me know, would love to try to connect some time - maybe for some indoor flying if you are aware of places to go...

Thanks in advance to the group for all the newbie questions the boy's and I will be asking.

Regards!

Don Sims 12-02-2011 11:17 PM

Howdy howdy RCDad! Welcome to the addiction!

quigleywins 12-14-2011 10:40 PM

New on this forum

I have just signed up and now will direct my E flight topics here yours Paul T

mclarkson 12-14-2011 10:55 PM

Welcome aboard!

Don Sims 12-15-2011 12:27 AM

Great to have another Aussie around! Welcome!

upnet 12-16-2011 03:44 AM

Dusted off a 2M and a 1.5M motorized sailplanes a friend had given me years ago. So it's off to the stickies learn the "ELECTRIC"...thing! :cool:

AEAJR 12-16-2011 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by upnet (Post 848788)
Dusted off a 2M and a 1.5M motorized sailplanes a friend had given me years ago. So it's off to the stickies learn the "ELECTRIC"...thing! :cool:

welcome to Wattflyer You will find many e-glider pilots here, myself being one.

Don Sims 12-16-2011 11:17 AM

Hey upnet, noting like catching thermals. Welcome!

Gilligan 12-22-2011 02:06 AM

Just stopped to say Hello, I`m new here eh, from Canada. Just getting into RC have an Apprentice and repairing Foam Wing already, I picked up E-Fight ARF Super Cub 25e Platinum to build likely in the spring as I`m off to work in Bush Camp Northern Alberta as of Jan 03. What a great forum you have here, I stumbled onto it while Googling info for Foam repaires and like watt I found. I have the RF-6 Sim, Ten years of owning a Cherokee 180 about 15 years ago, still miss it. Looking forward to learning. Merry Xmas everyone.

Dale

Fishbonez 12-22-2011 02:24 AM

Welcome Gillian
You have found one of the best forums on the net. I promise there is over a 1000 years of experience here.
Enjoy