WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   A WW1 Forum!! (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59818)

Mode One 01-18-2011 12:44 AM

A WW1 Forum!!
 
I have asked for a World War One Aeroplane forum at other R/C Forums and been told there just isn't enough interest! I'm very happy to see that this wish has been accommodated here at Watt Flyer. I wonder why it seemed like a good idea here?

TM4197 01-18-2011 05:57 AM

Because just about every CRAZY WW1 junky lives on this forum. You, I and everyone can learn more about WW1 planes and history here. Don't turn your back....they will take your Sopwith or any other plane you took your eyes off of, tweek it..paint it..and fly the dog :censor: out of her. You can get so many expert advice right here~~~ and other pilots on WF will jump in as well...just to help in anyway possible. You have just about every possible aviation experience wrapped up on the server more than Smithsonian has out in Dulles International. Be ready to share pictures and videos...they starve for them here. Probably isnt a WW1 plane that has not been built by one of these guys and gals!! WELCOME!!!!!! and have fun here! BTW: when you opened a thread on WF....you just became addicted!!!:silly:

Don Sims 01-18-2011 11:51 AM

Why? Because the majority of members voted for it at the time....;-)

Welcome to Wattflyer!

degreen60 01-18-2011 02:41 PM

Hi, My name is Don. I am a WW1 model R/C model airplane junky. Welcome to the group.

scalercflyer 01-18-2011 03:29 PM

WELCOME Mode One!
 
Welcome, welcome to the best WWI thread! :D You will find MANY WWI nuts, historians and fellow fliegers here. :cool: We are a close knit group that loves to share, advise and break each other's chops here at the WWI era thread. :eek: You won't find a better group of Guys. :):cool: And yes, we are all WWI model airplane junkies, addicted to all kinds of WWI aviation. :$ Welcome to our group! Marty

degreen60 01-18-2011 04:59 PM


Originally Posted by scalercflyer (Post 778571)
Welcome, welcome to the best WWI thread! :D You will find MANY WWI nuts, historians and fellow fliegers here. :cool: We are a close knit group that loves to share, advise and break each other's chops here at the WWI era thread. :eek: You won't find a better group of Guys. :):cool: And yes, we are all WWI model airplane junkies, addicted to all kinds of WWI aviation. :$ Welcome to our group! Marty

Be sure and make Marty very happy by posting pictures of your RED airplane. Do not throw away your crashed and trashed planes, send them to me, if you do not crash your planes I can send you some hexed pilots to put into them. LOL

scalercflyer 01-18-2011 05:23 PM


Originally Posted by degreen60 (Post 778586)
Be sure and make Marty very happy by posting pictures of your RED airplane. Do not throw away your crashed and trashed planes, send them to me, if you do not crash your planes I can send you some hexed pilots to put into them. LOL

You are a VERY BAD MAN D! :D marty

TM4197 01-18-2011 07:16 PM

DAG-ON...Degreen going for the kill already!!:D

degreen60 01-18-2011 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by TM4197 (Post 778612)
DAG-ON...Degreen going for the kill already!!:D

I have to feed my habit somehow. Wife is wondering happened to some of her jewelry that I stolen to buy another WW1 plane I just had to have.

TM4197 01-18-2011 07:33 PM

GOOD GRIEF....THATS BAD!!!!!!!:eek: There is help out there you know!

Just have not had the will to find them!! LOL

Mode One 01-19-2011 12:01 AM

O.K., I see lots of enthusiasm for WW1 Aeroplanes. I still like and will continue to use both Glow and Gasoline power. Although I believe electric power is the power of the future for model aviation, it is simply another propulsion system choice we can make! I'm much more into the models, then the type of propulsion used to power them and actually do not understand why there seems to be such derision in the ranks over propulsion systems! I know that many Glow folks poke fun at electric! I also see ill will towards glow/gas folks by the electric crowd and I have to say I don't get it!

It's simply a way to power your airplane! The choice is the individuals to make and "wow" we do have choices now and I think that's great!

TM4197 01-19-2011 01:38 AM

Some like Chocolate...some like Vanilla..its always goning to be that way!Its no biggie. I think you will find most flyers here dont' have any issues with what you power it with....but the Forum is for electric.:D And watch out for DeGreen60.....if you leave the keys in it....its gone!!:eek:

degreen60 01-19-2011 03:53 AM

I use to fly Glow, course then you had a choice of Glow, Desiel, CO2, or rubber band. Started with U control then single channel R/C. Wonder if Glow will ever go the way of analog, tone control, and reeds. I like electric, plug in the battery and toss in the air. I have solar panel that keeps batteries charged. The brushless motor I have in my Morane Saulnier N sounds like an engine running


Watch out for TM4197, I think he is a pusher. Ever time I think I have broken the habit he sends me another crash that I just have to make into a WW1 plane that flys again. Now just the though has me getting the shakes. LOL

Rockin Robbins 01-19-2011 11:27 AM


Originally Posted by Mode One (Post 778657)
actually do not understand why there seems to be such derision in the ranks over propulsion systems! I know that many Glow folks poke fun at electric! I also see ill will towards glow/gas folks by the electric crowd and I have to say I don't get it!

Glow is a four-letter word!http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/roflmao2.gifNaturally we're going to deride it. Have fun, no matter what and how you fly!

scalercflyer 01-19-2011 02:07 PM

Slimers! Yuck!:blah: Marty

Rockin Robbins 01-19-2011 04:16 PM

We electric fliers think gas is a four-letter word too!
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ys/muttley.gif

We don't spell too pretty good....

Gohmer 01-19-2011 09:20 PM


Originally Posted by Mode One (Post 778657)
O.K., I see lots of enthusiasm for WW1 Aeroplanes. I still like and will continue to use both Glow and Gasoline power. Although I believe electric power is the power of the future for model aviation, it is simply another propulsion system choice we can make! I'm much more into the models, then the type of propulsion used to power them and actually do not understand why there seems to be such derision in the ranks over propulsion systems! I know that many Glow folks poke fun at electric! I also see ill will towards glow/gas folks by the electric crowd and I have to say I don't get it!

It's simply a way to power your airplane! The choice is the individuals to make and "wow" we do have choices now and I think that's great!

This is a site dedicated to electric powered RC airplanes only. The polite thing to do here is follow that premise. Nothing hard to get about that.

Lots of places available to discuss other power options:)

degreen60 01-19-2011 11:16 PM

Who cares what is hanging on the front of it. Paint it red to please Marty and when it crashes send it to me. LOL

Mode One 01-19-2011 11:30 PM


Originally Posted by Gohmer (Post 778860)
This is a site dedicated to electric powered RC airplanes only. The polite thing to do here is follow that premise. Nothing hard to get about that.

Lots of places available to discuss other power options:)

Wow, maybe that's why they call it WattFlyer?!?

I'm not talking about either fuel powered airplanes; or, electric powered ones! I'm talking about the fact that they're only propulsion systems and asking why is there friction between the two? Frankly, if your telling me I should not be talking about the subject I've brought up, then this forum is a demonstration in exactly that derision!

scalercflyer 01-20-2011 12:57 AM

Mode don't be offended. We all love model aviation and all that comes with it. It's interesting and stimulating to talk about our chosen passion. Some Guys comment about other propulsion units and I don't mind it occasionally. Many of us, including me, flew glow for many years. Eat the meat and throw the bones away (take what you want from the comments). We do, however, like to talk about electric power. It's all I fly. BTW, pay no attention to D! He just wants another challenge and another crashed airplane! Marty

Mode One 01-20-2011 12:29 PM

If it is frowned upon, to talk of glow power, can I even post photos of WW 1 airplanes that I've built that are electric (radio) but, glow assisted?

scalercflyer 01-20-2011 02:06 PM

Go for it
 
Mode just go for it! We all like to see pics of WWI planes not matter how they are powered. Marty

degreen60 01-20-2011 02:21 PM

Post the pictures so I can see how it looked before you send me the trash to make fly again. Now there will be planes I can put the HEX on and no one here will mind. I only have to HEX the power unit. LOL

Rockin Robbins 01-20-2011 05:39 PM

Oh fudgecicle (is that spelled right?) I never thought someone would chime in taking all the slimer/whatever we call gassers stuff seriously! Forget it. Post. This is a WWI forum first.

Although we hate sin we love sinners, even youhttp://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...mileys/4-1.gif. Nobody is beyond redemption and the assured salvation of electric powered flight! As you progress in your faith you will learn to walk in electrically powered light instead of in the flame.

No one ever was motivated by hate and scorn to repent...
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...leys/devil.gif

scalercflyer 01-20-2011 05:43 PM


Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 779070)
Oh fudgecicle (is that spelled right?) I never thought someone would chime in taking all the slimer/whatever we call gassers stuff seriously! Forget it. Post. This is a WWI forum first.

Although we hate sin we love sinners, even youhttp://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...mileys/4-1.gif. Nobody is beyond redemption and the assured salvation of electric powered flight! As you progress in your faith you will learn to walk in electrically powered light instead of in the flame.

No one ever was motivated by hate and scorn to repent...
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...leys/devil.gif

AMEN BROTHER!!!!! :D Marty


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:10 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.05398 seconds with 9 queries