WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chit Chat (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Bikers, Show us your rides! (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3826)

buzzbomber 07-18-2008 03:40 PM

CTD, it was a van that almost got me the other day, too. Fool was stopped and sitting at a stop sign letting a passenger out, then decided to pull out and turn left in front of me at the exact moment I was starting my left turn onto the street he was leaving. He HAD to have seen me or been legally blind. If I was going any faster, he would've taken my front end off before I could stop. Watch out for those vans, everybody, and keep riding like you're invisible.

Liquidity 07-18-2008 03:51 PM

Nothing a hand full of bearings couldnt fix. Not that I encourage that...

Mr. Baggins 07-18-2008 10:30 PM

CTD,
That is one more bad-ass ride. (Valkyrie) I would love to twist the grip on that one.

Liquidity 07-18-2008 11:29 PM

Just put my bike up for sale :(

I am going to leave in on my driveway for 1 week, then move it to the lemon lot on base.

Sad day indeed, but it is the right thing to do with our first child on its way.

aviatordave 07-18-2008 11:32 PM

The planes are next.

Liquidity 07-18-2008 11:34 PM

Shut your mouth! RC airplanes are not nearly as dangerous

Woohoo. I have 1234 post.

buzzbomber 07-19-2008 04:11 AM

My wife told me NOT to sell the bike when she was pregnant with our daughter. I had plenty of "moments of responsibility" where I was tempted to do so, but the bike's still here. I plan on taking another advanced street skills rider course though...

...besides, living in New Jersey is way more hazardous than riding motorcycles anyway;).

Mr. Baggins 07-19-2008 04:20 AM

So how much is the bike going for Brian? You could just have her take out more insurance on you. :D

Liquidity 07-19-2008 04:21 AM

An inexpensive 4G's

Mr. Baggins 07-19-2008 05:26 AM

4 Goo Goo clusters! What a deal. Wish I could afford to let go of it right now. I should of bought a sport bike to begin with. I've seen some really kewl looking trikes cruising around here lately.

Crash Test Dummy 07-19-2008 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a quick picture of my Valk. I love my bike, it is smooth as butter on the open road and around town. She has had some custom work on her. The back fender is an Arlin Ness tail dragger and it now has 2 seats. I had to put the back seat on for the wife.

CTD

Mr. Baggins 07-19-2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy (Post 444062)
I had to put the back seat on for the wife.

CTD

You sure she don't have you riding the feminine seat :D

Crash Test Dummy 07-20-2008 11:45 AM

Bill,

Ha Ha Ha, no she don't get to drive the Valk. She couldn't hold it up. The Valk is aproix 750 Lbs.

CTD

airmail wf 07-20-2008 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy (Post 444518)
Bill,

Ha Ha Ha, no she don't get to drive the Valk. She couldn't hold it up. The Valk is aproix 750 Lbs.

CTD

Now,now it's just a matter of balance....... and long legs................;):D

Crash Test Dummy 07-20-2008 04:54 PM

You don't know my wife. When we were 1st dating I wanted her to get a small bike so she could ride with me. Then I saw her riding my Moms 50cc scooter. That changed my mind real quick, she would kill herself. She has issues with getting dizzy. I don't think that is a good trait for a Motorcycle rider to have. She trips over her own feet sometimes. She is better off sitting behind me, LOL!!

CTD

Mr. Baggins 07-20-2008 05:14 PM

My sister is 38 or so and she got her first motorcycle after she saw mine. I have not ridden with her yet but my brother says she's quite the animal on that thing. Honda Shadow 600 I believe. First year they made them. She's always been right in there with the boys though and took much punishment from two older brothers while growing up. She can or used to be able to drink most of my friends under the table too. You can tell she's the alpha figure in the house as well. The dogs won't listen to her husband or any of the kids but when she walks in they cower in the corner until she acknowledges them.

All that and she can cook too. Quite the catch if you can handle her I guess you'd say :D

Just washed my bike down and dried it with the leaf blower. Time to break out the polishing stuff.

airmail wf 07-20-2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy (Post 444578)
You don't know my wife. When we were 1st dating I wanted her to get a small bike so she could ride with me. Then I saw her riding my Moms 50cc scooter. That changed my mind real quick, she would kill herself. She has issues with getting dizzy. I don't think that is a good trait for a Motorcycle rider to have. She trips over her own feet sometimes. She is better off sitting behind me, LOL!!

CTD

My wife doesn't ride either. Case in point....We are riding our bicycles on a bike trail and I pass her up...... she falls over.......need I say more.:rolleyes::D

Crash Test Dummy 07-21-2008 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by airmail wf (Post 444672)
My wife doesn't ride either. Case in point....We are riding our bicycles on a bike trail and I pass her up...... she falls over.......need I say more.:rolleyes::D

I hear that!!

CTD

robert44c5 07-30-2008 09:07 PM

Questio for Nitro Blast...

Nitro,

That is one Awesome 05 Zuma scooter you got. I just got an 08 and wanting to do some external modifications, I'm finding lots of Performace upgrades, but not alot of cosmedic. Would you mind telling where (web site?) you got your Rear Fender Kit?

Thanks,
:D

Originally Posted by Nitro Blast (Post 81425)
I've owned Yamaha's consistantly since before I had a DL. '72 DT250, '79 XT500, '85 FJ600 & '99 FJ1200.

Now, I have come full circle. Heres my '05 ZUMA
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6501/0631un.jpg

It sports many mods, motor work, gearing change and more. 50cc's gets me 55mph, and 85 MPG. I've never been hassled by the PD on this, but got constantly looked at with my FJ.. gee, I wonder why that is...

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6233/0617es.jpg

I've owned a bunch of bikes. This one by far has given me the most fun per dollar invested (and it isnt considered a motorcycle!). Cheap to ride, own and insure. So cheap in fact, we got my wife one!

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2...umapipe6no.jpg
Her's has about 50% of the modification work that mine has. Notice her bike still has full plastics (rear fender) , and is lower when compared to mine.

Hughes500Bob 07-31-2008 12:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
1983 FXDG 1 of 811 produced. I just put antique plates on it. I am the original owner. Twin Belt Limited Edition Wide Glide. The DG designation was for Disc Glide due to the 2 piece riveted spun aluminum rear wheel (not cast!). I had three Sportsters prior to this and also a 1987 750 Ninja.

airmail wf 07-31-2008 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob (Post 449551)
1983 FXDG 1 of 811 produced. I just put antique plates on it. I am the original owner. Twin Belt Limited Edition Wide Glide. The DG designation was for Disc Glide due to the 2 piece riveted spun aluminum rear wheel (not cast!). I had three Sportsters prior to this and also a 1987 750 Ninja.

I didn't know you could get antique plates for a bike in PA. Mine is a 80 FLH way back in the beginning of this thread. Is there any advantage to the antique plate?

I just realized this thread has been going on for over 2 and a half years......pretty cool. :cool::D

Hughes500Bob 07-31-2008 03:05 AM

"I didn't know you could get antique plates for a bike in PA. Mine is a 80 FLH way back in the beginning of this thread. Is there any advantage to the antique plate?
"

One time $92 re-title and permanent registration fee (just like 15 year Classic Plate) and NO MORE INSPECTION REQUIRED! So this payment to PA DOT is the last I have to make.

I also have every original part ..... including the tires ..... but I am riding on new tires. Bought a Lifetime HOG Membership when I bought the bike for $150 .... which also started in 1983. Great investment.

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

airmail wf 07-31-2008 04:01 AM

Bob, We all need to thank Don Sims he used my post and started this great thread. Thanks Don.;):tc::D Two and a half years later......

Are there any restrictions for riding at night. I think I remember something about Classic plates for cars and not being able to drive at night.

Don Sims 07-31-2008 04:09 AM

LOL Airmail!! What did I do? Split a thread?? I can't remember yesterday too well much less two and a half years ago!!! :blah::sad::roll:????:Q

Don Sims 07-31-2008 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy (Post 37603)
Gotta love the Valkyrie. I love my Stryker too!! It's brushless and very fast , just like my Valkyrie!

Hey Don,

Are you a member of the VRCC? http://www.valkyrieriders.com/

CTD

Uppps CTD, missed that a while back!! Yes, I'm in the VOAI and VRCC. Went to the VOAI rally in Arkansas last year and Keystone, SD this year. Inzane is this coming weekend and Drakkar keeps whispering something about going... (I wish.)

I've put a bit more chrome on the Valk since that first photo....and put on turn down pipes. Need to get a photo of it without my wife standing by the bike. (My two loves.:red:)