WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here! (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3)

Sky Sharkster 02-18-2006 02:37 PM

David T, Welcome!

Hi David, Welcome to Wattflyer!! I just posted your great "Absence of Matter" link on " Builders Hints and Composite" Forum. Glad to have you here, I'm sure your knowledge will be a big help!
Thanks,
Ron

Jester 02-19-2006 07:44 AM

Hello all,
First visit to WattFlyer.
Jester.

zappedalaskan 02-19-2006 08:37 AM

Hi Jester,
Welcome to Wattflyer, we are glad to have you here!
Regards,
Jay

dennismadamsrc 02-19-2006 10:24 PM

finaly got a good flight on my Katana, CG at 90mm, weight at 26.2oz, Had to releave the stab to get a lot more elevator throw, now it will waterfall. still not real happy with the rudder authority, but i will work on that.
the real news is my Edge 540, hacker20-22, tp1320,
4ea., 7.5 srevos , no landing gear,)weighs 20.2 oz. lots of throw on everything. some kind of fun to fly, and lands slow with about 20 deg. flap. it took some head scratchen, but now it's a blast to fly. hope i get the pic. of the Katans to post

Bigplumbs 02-20-2006 10:21 PM

Hello all. New user here, I live in the UK and have around 39 planes........around 31 electrics the rest slimers. You can see my fleet at www.densplanes.co.uk

Sky Sharkster 02-20-2006 11:24 PM

Welcome!!

Hi Bigplumbs, Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy it as much as that GREAT electric site in the U.K....what's the name? Escapes me for the moment...Anyway it's very well run, my compliments to the Administrator!
Ron

Rugar 02-20-2006 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bigplumbs (Post 47032)
Hello all. New user here, I live in the UK and have around 39 planes........around 31 electrics the rest slimers. You can see my fleet at www.densplanes.co.uk

Welcome to WattFlyer Bigplumbs.
Nice fleet you have there. I'm looking into getting a portable toy box like yours.

watt_the?! 02-20-2006 11:36 PM

welcome Bigplumbs...not sure what to make of your handle there mate....anyhoo..

i see your spitfires there...ive been eyeing the spit off for a while now and you look like the man to ask.

do you know of any scale spitfires that can take retracts and are electric size?

maybe retracts arent a necessity, but i hate hand launching so a nice to have.

the main thing is the scale appearance.

?

Cheers and welcome!

Tim

Bigplumbs 02-21-2006 12:12 AM

The spitfires are Ripmax 25 size built for electric. They do not have retracts but I am going to try and fit some to them. I am about to build a Hyperion Mustang http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=854 and think that I would be able to fit the retracts that come on this plane into the spit after a little wing butchery. That is if I can buy the retracts separatly of course

mustangpilot 02-22-2006 11:21 PM

Great, an all Electric all the time. Glad to be aboard.

Don Sims 02-23-2006 01:46 AM

Hey Big and Stang, glad you folks are posting!!

Flying Fingers 02-24-2006 08:10 AM

watts up?

Just checking in to say hello.

vax6335 02-26-2006 04:41 PM

Hello all

Hi everyone, I'm new to WattFlyer, but not to the hobby. I've got both electric and slimers, but I find myself buying more electric motors and lipos these days. I've been on rcgroups for awhile, and I'm happy to come here now. :) I look forward to being more involved over here.

skypilit 02-28-2006 01:28 AM

Hi all, I'm new to the electric age. I have many "slimers" I guess is the new phrase, but I have recently purchased my first 5 elec GWS kits. We will have to see if this converts me or not, but if not, thats OK. A good mix of elec and glo is a good thing.:D
Hay Sky Sharkster, where are you at here in Denver. (or, what club do you fly in, if any) I am up here in the NE area of Thornton and fly out at MAS by DIA.

Foamtoyz 02-28-2006 02:01 AM

I am a CL flyer from way back and saw an electric parkflyer ..

I am a CL flyer from way back I was in a hobbyshop and saw an electric parkflyer .. Figured it would barely fly... It was a f27 Stryker.LOL
I Learned to fly Rc in a few weeks and then I found bluecore... life will never be the same.

I am sure that Wattflyer is the perfect solution and long over due.

Electric RC will soar to higher levels and without complaints from the neighbors.

Back un the AMA after 30 years.

Dan

Don Sims 02-28-2006 03:59 AM

Hey folks! WOW four more today!! Please feel free to post often, post frequently!

crxmanpat 02-28-2006 05:02 AM

New to WF

OK, so I broke the rules and posted to other forums before stopping here first, so without further adeiu:

Hello from sunny Gilbert, AZ (131 days without rain and counting)! Have just gotten back into R/C after being away for 23 years. Got my 1st electric the day after Christmas 2005, which was the Firebird Commander 2. And just look at my hanger now (see my sig)!

Thanks to Turbojoe for pointing me in this direction. Will be hanging out mostly in the Parkflyer and Scale forums.

Pat

Don Sims 02-28-2006 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by crxmanpat (Post 48998)
OK, so I broke the rules and posted to other forums before stopping here first, so without further adeiu:
Pat

Welcome Pat! We've mostly all are guilty of doing the same thing, posting in other forums. Our main rule is for you to enjoy yourself here.

ahperson 03-01-2006 06:05 AM

Hello,
Great forum! I have been reading some of topics hear and it has been very insightful. I bought a blade cp about a month ago and finally after a few crashes, two sets of blades and a new main shaft I can finally hover through a half a battery pack. I would like to say thanks for feeding my addiction. BTW, I am new to this hobby.

Andre

SBE 03-02-2006 04:42 PM

Hi All,
Let's keep it quiet!

Jana-Boater 03-02-2006 06:38 PM

Hi everyone I am an electric boater but when I seen that boat that flies I guess I got hooked I have to learn to fly. What is a good lectric to start with as a trainer....Jana

russlew 03-03-2006 04:58 PM

I wish to acknowledge my membership in Watt Flyer. I am pleased to be a member. My first electric plane here is my DeBolt Live Wire Champion. Just test flown by Red Scholefield and I received much help from Red and also advice and help from Ragbag. It is a great flyer. I have left the nitro power and enjoying electric very much. Long time AMA member and now retired. Best wishes to all members.

Don Sims 03-04-2006 12:44 AM

Four new members! WOW!! Welcome all!

nchrome 03-05-2006 03:46 PM

Hello all I'm new here and fairly ne to electrics but I do have a couple home made foamies and an electric C-47. It's kinda seen the air but not enough battery. May get some lipos and see what happens. It has brush motors and Great Planes speed controls. But that mite change here later.

booger 03-05-2006 10:12 PM

Well I just found the place from a link at rcgroups which, I have been a member of for awhile. I am strictly an electric flyer so I hope I fit right in.