WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   WWI planes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

scalercflyer 01-27-2007 02:08 AM

Dri

Look what I bought Boys! :) A Pat Tritle design. Steve, you know I was jealous about your Aerodrome DRI and needed a DRI for myself! A build thread is available @ http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372739

http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/5e/1f/a6_2.JPG
8 More are available on e-bay! Check it out! Martin

Fokker Dr.-I Triplane

Wing Span; 25.5 Top, 21.75 mid. 19.75 Bot.” Wing Area; 227 sq. in. Length; 20.75” Flying weight; 6 oz.

Power; GWS IPS “A” Drive, 5 amp ESC w/ BEC, a GWS 9-7 or 10-4.7Prop, and a Kokum 700 mah 2 cell Lipoly Battery.

Guidance is 3 ch. R/C with 2 servos: 1 ea. Rudder and Elevator, using the Spektrum DX-6 radio.

flyguy 02-02-2007 04:29 PM

WWI planes

Is this a Great Planes ARF or Kit I also have looked for a Folker Tri Plane in EP
but have been unable to find one can you help me, Were did you get yours?

Dave

flyguy 02-02-2007 04:51 PM

Hey Scalercflyer, I looked on EBAY with no luck! I want one of these bad can you help me out??

Dave

WWI Ace 02-02-2007 04:55 PM

Hey Flyguy I think you can get one at www.manzanolaser.com if you really want one!! Steve.

larrypaul 02-02-2007 04:57 PM

If you go on E-Bay, check for the plans disc from V-media, called ultimate aircraft, there are many drawings and scale layouts that can be enlarged, also cad, this is an amazing disc, with hundreds of aircraft models, if you do not have luck I will go back and find it for you, I would give you a URL
but it does not seem to work......
[email protected]

degreen60 02-02-2007 05:00 PM

I think the WW1 planes with slab sides like the triplanes are very easy to build without a kit. I have plans left over from a Sig kit. I am going to use them to cutout foam and see how it goes. May be a while before I get around to it. Even the round sided ones might not be too bad to make. On my Sopwith triplane I just glued foam together and sand it round for the front and top. Next thing I need to try is forming wings. Maybe glue two sheets together and sand the airfoil into the wing. I know you can bend the airfoil into the foam but I may want flat bottom airfoil.

degreen60 02-02-2007 05:04 PM

I found my plans for the Sopwith on the net and used a graphics to make them the size I wanted then tile printed them. Taped the pages together then cut out the shape of the sides and top. Just cut the foam from that and it was done. Didn't take too long.

flyguy 02-02-2007 05:14 PM

WWI ACE thanks Ill check it out right now!!! Dave

flyguy 02-02-2007 05:18 PM

Just GOt the site up located what I need and placed the order THANKS!!!!
I now have my 3rd winter project on the way... THANKS AGAIN!!!
Dave

WWI Ace 02-02-2007 05:35 PM

You're welcome Dave. I'm usually not home during the day but I broke my little toe and I'm a machinist so I'm on my feet all day. Anyway, glad that I was home to help. If you get too bored you might also check out www.aerodromerc.com because Kurt makes some really nice laser cut kits too!!! Steve.

flyguy 02-02-2007 07:13 PM

Thanks I will, this is a first for me I have worked all my life and just sold my business last week, so I am Mr Mom and need something to do after the dishes and vacuming are done. HA HA thanks again....

Dave

P.S. Sorry about your TOE I know how that feels!!!!!

dicknadine 02-02-2007 09:15 PM

still looking for more plans/ 3 vu's of Roy Cloughs, 1930's-40's odd ball design's. have 4 1/2 completed and ready to fly, soon as the weather cooperates. dick

scalercflyer 02-03-2007 12:47 AM

Dri

Fellows, there are 8 more available from Pat's custom models. Here is some info for locating them on E-bay. Not bad for $43.00!!! Martin
Pats Custom Models Fokker Dr.1 Triplane Short Kit

Item number: 290030096248http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/g...ts/rtCurve.gif

dicknadine 02-03-2007 03:01 AM

more plans

Originally Posted by dicknadine (Post 151219)
still looking for more plans/ 3 vu's of Roy Cloughs, 1930's-40's odd ball design's. have 4 1/2 completed and ready to fly, soon as the weather cooperates. dick

found and ordered 5 more plans of Roys models from AMA today. shud keep me busy a couple more weeks, then its flying weather. dick

Spoonwasher 02-04-2007 01:53 PM

Well just getting through the posts in the forum to see if I'd missed much while vacationing in the Carribean.Not much to fly down there but I managed a Fix going parasailing.Now we are recharged and ready to build.minus 13 this morn so we can't fly yet...time to finish the SE5a and my tiger moth and have them ready for test flights. I have a side project started, not ww1, but still an "E" powered plane .Seems time laying in the sun sipping rum punches has cleared my vision enough to tackle an Avro Arrow(or completely eaten all my brain cells), a project I've been wanting to do since I started in RC..so we will do it when the other bipe's are finished.Both are almost finished anyway so I'll need something indoors for a few weeks before the weather breaks some.
I've considered many times on building an E1 for some lazy day flying at the club. Something scale to bring to our scale meet in september that was a little different than the other guys up my way build.A 46 glow sized "E" version just might fill the ticket, relaxed flying and scale to boot.I'll have to get digging...lol..

dicknadine 02-04-2007 03:37 PM

sounds like you exercised the eye balls a bit, watching the sun bathers. 26 F and no snow yet this am, here in South Louisianna, just NE of Baton Rouge, 2 miles South of Greensburg. waiting for 5 new Roy Clough plans to show up from AMA. enjoy. dick

flyguy 02-04-2007 04:51 PM

Last night I went to EBAY and on the way is the PATS CUSTOM DR1 thanks for all the help locating it. I can't wait till it arrives, but even more till I can get out and hit the sky.

scalercflyer 02-04-2007 05:12 PM

Tritle's DRI

Right on Flyguy! :) I am anxiously awaiting mine too.:D Keep us up to date on the build and I will too. Martin
BTW here are some build threads for Pat Tritle's designs
including the DRI. Enjoy!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606076

Spoonwasher 02-05-2007 07:11 PM

Hey Dick, I told my wife I never noticed anything unusual on the beach...LoL... 0 degrees F here in Ontario, Canada. windy & blowing snow...I need a heater in my plane to keep the lipo's from freezing.Looks like it will be another week before the temp warms up a little. i hope your plans come for you soon Dick.Me, I'm waiting on servo's & an ESC in the mail.
Sunday we had our AGM (anual general club meeting) & swap meet. I swapped one of my indoor flyers for a 20in balsa moth . It came as a arf from Germany but was really nice and the kid wanted my indoor flyer so I let him have it.The moth is quite detailed, flying wires,landing gear,dual windshields, rudder-elevator-ailerons, pull-pull control linkages running scale like outside the fuse.& flies on a small brushless. Cute little thing.I'll put hitec's new 35 series servos & a Berg micro reciever with 2 cell 300mah lipo to keep weight down.The little thing is about half the size of a park flyer, but a little beauty.oh, it's a balsa laser cut model too. I think it's on the heavy side for it's size, but we'll get it flying just the same.
On a better day I'll get a picture of all for of my moths beside each other...lol...and post them.
Take care....DM

scalercflyer 02-07-2007 02:57 AM

Tritle DRI

Got my kit on Monday! :D I told myself to put it away until this weekend :( It didn't work! Get outta the way Boys! I'm coming through! :) Now if I can just find the top of my workbench........ :D :D Martin

Spoonwasher 02-07-2007 06:47 AM

Hey Martin, I found a solution in my shop for the cluttered work bench, make a second one like I did....my bigger longer building projects go on one bench, then I build something smaller on the second while the glue is drying on the first.....what can I say...I know I'm sick and need to go to the twelve step program , take up knitting sweaters for snoopy or something like that....Lol....enjoy your new kit Martin.
Don

CHELLIE 02-07-2007 08:40 AM

Tri Plane Landing Gear

Originally Posted by degreen60 (Post 135320)
I hope the picture are here this time.

Hi Degree60 :) I am scratch building a DR1 Fokker, and I was wondering if you built the landing gear on your tri plane with wood, I was thinking about doing the same thing, if its not to much trouble, I would love to have some pictures of your landing gear, so I can build it, thank you in advance, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...t=15024&page=2

WWI Ace 02-10-2007 09:44 PM

I think Martin needs a maid for his shop!!! Ha ha!!! Steve.

Spoonwasher 02-11-2007 02:07 AM

Winter's not giving up yet, but my SE5a is almost complete....yep couldn't leave it any longer. First good day and upshe goes! I'd post a pic of it but not sure how to. looks like you need to point to a url or something when you hit the " image inset" tab? Any suggestions guys ? Do I need a home page or something like that ? DM

degreen60 02-11-2007 05:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I made the landing gear from lite plywood and bamboo skewers. As you can see in the pictures the gear is removable. The flat pieces of plywood set on the flat bottom of the fuselage. The front has a tongue that goes into a slot in the fuselage and the gear is held in place. Rubber bands hold the gear on the plane. I flattened the sides of the bamboo legs with a plane and left the front and rear round. I have broken the bamboo on a couple of hard landings but sence I got a big bag of skewers for 99cents I can make lots of legs. I land in grass so I usally finish my acorabatics with a forward flip. HAHA

Attachment 24006

Attachment 24007

Attachment 24008

Attachment 24009