WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   WWI planes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

barmonkey 12-11-2007 08:22 PM

:eek:Oh oh...now I feel the pressure

WWI Ace 12-12-2007 12:16 AM

Just make sure to tell us the truth Barmonkey!! I hate the sometimes "jaded" reviews that the magazines do. I know they have to be nice to the companies but the reviewers need to be honest too!!! Can't wait to hear about it though. Would like to know about the triplane too. Just can't find anyone to buy it and tell me about it!!! Haha!!! Steve.

scalercflyer 12-15-2007 08:20 AM

Pat Tritle build thread

I was poking around tonight on the internet and found this thread. Thought you Guys might be interested. Martin

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606076

Biplane Murphy 12-15-2007 08:52 AM

Good find Marty....:)

P.S. I quit that job in town.....and only work at home now....
I am much much happier since I made that choice.....
Batteries all charged and going to take a couple Bipes out to the field tomorrow.:)

scalercflyer 12-17-2007 12:37 AM

Good for you

Good for you Murph! That situation was going nowhere. :mad: Now you have more time to build airplanes! :D My building time has become somewhat crimped with the preparation for the holidays. After Christmas I will be continuing on the N11 project. :eek: OOPS..... I let the cat out of the bag! :eek: Yes Folks, I am making 3 kits from the PR plans for the N11. One for Steve and one for Murph and one for me! :D Hope to have the plane done early spring. Now I just have to do some research for the covering scheme. Shouldn't be a problem with the library I have. ;) Maybe something different for a camo scheme...... Martin

WWI Ace 12-17-2007 04:39 AM

Mine will be red!!! Steve

Biplane Murphy 12-17-2007 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by WWI Ace (Post 321702)
Mine will be red!!! Steve

With your own blood when Marty reads that!!!!...:<:......:Q:D:Q

scalercflyer 12-18-2007 02:33 AM

Steve, I'm gonna beat you till you bleed :mad:.......... Martin

WWI Ace 12-18-2007 03:10 AM

Weren't there red ones? I know that the Germans built a copy of the Nieuport in WWI. Steve.

Biplane Murphy 12-18-2007 03:51 AM

Hi Marty and Steve....watch the mail in about 2-3-4 days...:)

Merry Christmas....

aviatordave 12-18-2007 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy (Post 320679)
Good find Marty....:)

P.S. I quit that job in town.....and only work at home now....
I am much much happier since I made that choice.....
Batteries all charged and going to take a couple Bipes out to the field tomorrow.:)

didnt know that murph. maybe you will have some time to fly with me, rod, & harry. you will have to tell us about how 'she' took the news :)

WWI Ace 12-19-2007 07:06 PM

Murph is driving me crazy with suspense!! Thanks in advance Murph!! Knowing you it will be great!!! Steve

Biplane Murphy 12-20-2007 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by WWI Ace (Post 323104)
Murph is driving me crazy with suspense!! Thanks in advance Murph!! Knowing you it will be great!!! Steve

It's for your Christmas tree...:D

WWI Ace 12-21-2007 12:39 AM

I just got it today Murph. You are truly a craftsman!! It is amazing!! Thanks!! My wife and kids love it too!! Steve

Biplane Murphy 12-21-2007 01:22 AM

Cool....I was hoping it wouldn't get lost in the mail.....:)

Glad the family likes it.....it's the kind of thing the womenfolk and kids seem to like....:Q

WWI Ace 12-22-2007 12:50 AM

Hey I like it too!!! I bet most of these guys don't know how skilled you really are. What are you guys gonna do over the holiday? Anybody building anything? Steve

Biplane Murphy 12-22-2007 02:51 AM

Thanks Steve....Programmed a friend's Radio today.......His wife fed me so much food I could barely drive home....:)

I am going to try to build a little, but untill the end of the year is the busiest time for me as far as working goes.....Slows way down in January...So will build like a maniac then....

I got offered a job 2 days a week working in the LHS.....I might do it for fun....Since I make way more $$$ blowing glass, it would just be to socialize and build planes between customers....Also it would help fund my hobby a little.:)...I might just say yes....

Spoonwasher 12-22-2007 12:18 PM

Hello Guys....Hope you all have a great Xmas.Been busy here between shovelling snow and getting out for xmas needs.We got 45cm in one dump, then about 5 to 10cm every day since last weekend.Our family is coming to our house this year so we'll have 20/25 people for xmas day and dinner.I'll have 3 weeks off this year so that shold give me time to build something.I got told not to buy anything till after xmas so I suspect Santa is bringing me something ...lol..Have a Great Holiday Guys
Don

degreen60 12-23-2007 04:12 PM

Lost another WW1 vet yesterday. He was 109 years young. They said there is only 2 WW1 vets known alive in the USA now.

scalercflyer 12-23-2007 05:50 PM

Merry Christmas

My sincere hope and prayer for all my fellow WWI friends here at WATTFLYER is for all of you to have a very Merry Christmas! :D:) I have enjoyed the camaraderie here throughout this year. It is my favorite place to visit. I hope that in some small way when we build and fly our RC replicas, we are paying homage to the men who fought in the war choked skies over Europe. Remember my Friends to keep Christ in Christmas. After all that's what Christmas is all about. PS I hope you get everything you have hinted, suggested and demanded for Christmas. God Bless all of you. Your Friend and fellow Fleiger. Martin

scalercflyer 12-23-2007 05:57 PM

Check this out Boys

I ran accross this while surfing the WATTFLYER forum. Lotsa good warbird info here. Check it out Boys.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5633

watt_the?! 12-23-2007 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by degreen60 (Post 324959)
Lost another WW1 vet yesterday. He was 109 years young. They said there is only 2 WW1 vets known alive in the USA now.

the last aussie vet died in october 2005.

lest we forget.

Biplane Murphy 12-23-2007 09:15 PM

May all those that have passed away rest in peace........

WWI Ace 12-24-2007 01:09 AM

That's sad!! It is going to get really difficult to get actual history on the war. As Martin says, "The more accurate the details of WWI are, the older the book!" I guess that also holds true to veterans. May all the soldiers who defended our country rest in peace and their heroic deeds never be forgotten!! Steve

Spoonwasher 12-24-2007 01:37 AM

I'm sorry to hear that another vet has passed on.May he rest in peace with all the others who fought for our freedoms we enjoy today and the future.
In Canada we have adopted wearing something Red on fridays,to show support for our troops . Xmas day I will practice the same and say a prayer for all.
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Don