WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   WWI planes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

scalercflyer 01-02-2012 07:24 PM

HK Orange RX

Anybody try one of the Orange HK 2.4 Ghz Rxs?:confused: I bought a few to try out. I stuck a couple in some "expendable" aircraft. Haven't flown anything yet though since the weather has been crappy.:oops: :oops: Marty

TM4197 01-02-2012 09:33 PM

DeGreen: Looks like a home built to me!

TM4197 01-02-2012 09:36 PM

Scalercflyer:

I have five of them. They all have done really well...no issues at all. I also used one in a Radian Sailplane along with a SAT module....again no issues. I have specked out a DG1000 with just the RX. So...my take on them is buy..em!!:D

degreen60 01-02-2012 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by 7car7 (Post 851219)
Don, are we talking 72 or 2.4?

I have one plane thats on a GWS receiver, and it's occasionally freaks out in a certain spot at my field.
It's a somewhat fast but cheap ducted fan, and has battle scars from just dropping straight in uncommanded.

I put the chip in GWS on 72. The chips decode PPM. If you go to the URL it tells what the person programed the chip to do. It will probably fix your problem. Some of the soldering is on very small parts. If you down load and unzip his files you will find more texts files about the chip setup.

scalercflyer 01-03-2012 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by TM4197 (Post 851246)
Scalercflyer:

I have five of them. They all have done really well...no issues at all. I also used one in a Radian Sailplane along with a SAT module....again no issues. I have specked out a DG1000 with just the RX. So...my take on them is buy..em!!:D

Thanks TM! I am anxious to try them now. :cool: Sure beats $37.00 a piece for the Spektrum Rxs if they work as well. ;) Will let everyone know what happens. :) Marty

trumps1 01-04-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by scalercflyer (Post 851283)
Thanks TM! I am anxious to try them now. :cool: Sure beats $37.00 a piece for the Spektrum Rxs if they work as well. ;) Will let everyone know what happens. :) Marty

Bloody hell... over here in Oz we are still paying about $80 for spectrum Rx's,
damned price gouging hobby shops!

Craig

details 01-04-2012 06:22 AM

$37.00 Spektrum Rxs!?

Originally Posted by scalercflyer (Post 851283)

Hey scalercflyer, where are finding Spektrum Rxs for only $37.00? I'd like to pick up a few.

Thanks,
Dave

TM4197 01-04-2012 06:57 AM

Here is the Rx (orange) I purchased and have had no issues with what so ever. It took 1 week to get them shipped. Bought 5 of them plus shipping.... so I would say a better deal than a 37 dollar Spekt. I might add, they also are compatible with spektrum SAT module.:D

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Sat_Port_.html

youtube @ 615thaerosquadron

scalercflyer 01-04-2012 03:02 PM

Spektrum RX

Here you go Boys. You will need to add one to your cart to see the price. I think they will ship overseas too. Give them a call or send an email. Good people to deal with. marty http://www.bigskyhobby.com/Home-12.html

details 01-05-2012 07:36 AM

He Marty,

Thanks a lot for that link. These are great prices!!!

I see you say they are good people to deal with. Have you had many buys through them?

I might buy a new transmitter through them.

Thanks again,
Dave

scalercflyer 01-05-2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by details (Post 851543)
He Marty,

Thanks a lot for that link. These are great prices!!!

I see you say they are good people to deal with. Have you had many buys through them?

I might buy a new transmitter through them.

Thanks again,
Dave

Dave, I have purchased 7 Spektrum RXs from them. 6100 and 6110s with absolutely no problems. They function perfectly(still using them). I plan to buy more (I think there is a newer version out now). Marty

scalercflyer 02-15-2012 10:49 PM

What's going on Boys? Let jump start this thread again. I am scratch building a Peter Rake DVIII 39" WS from his plans. What about you Guys? Any projects? Marty

MaxHeadspeed 02-16-2012 12:14 AM

Well, in case you haven't heard, Horizon Hobby just announced their new Park Zone Albatros D.Va with a 42.3" wingspan,:D:D:D and it's due for shipping by late May, 2012

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ5980

TM4197 02-16-2012 01:57 AM

Yeppers..there is a thread already in progress :
2 new Albatros Dv available soon ...authored by Wattman.

Interesting planes!:D

trumps1 02-16-2012 03:53 AM

6 Attachment(s)
slowly plodding along with my Rake 67" F2b. framing is 90% done. waiting on my bulk order of litespan, but had enough scraps to cover the tail feathers and try out some rib stitching and taping.

Cheers
Craig

scalercflyer 02-16-2012 04:09 AM

Nice building job

Nice job Craig. She's looks beautiful already! I'm sure she will fly just great. Marty

degreen60 02-16-2012 12:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Building another Bristol M1C. Last one spent about 18 months in a tree and came down in lots of little pieces. I also am bashing a GWS TM into a SPAD XI. Doing a rebuild of 3 crashed GP planes, a Fokker DVII, SPAD, and a SE5A.

CarreraGTSCS 02-16-2012 01:58 PM

They look great. Can you tell more about the M1.c?

degreen60 02-16-2012 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS (Post 857173)
They look great. Can you tell more about the M1.c?

It is a paper model airplane enlarged, tile printed, glued on thin foam, cut and rolled into shape. The first one I did on Dollar Tree foam and it was harded to do cause the foam was too thick. This one is was much easier to do and looks better. The wings and elevator will be painted. The rudder will be paper glued on foam. The landing gear from the old model will be used, it is made using pop-cycle sticks. Wing brace wire asm above cockpit is made from bamboo skewers.

7car7 02-16-2012 04:00 PM

Great looking models there guys. Love seeing the progress.

I won't have any building going on for a while, life is just so dang busy.

But I must confess, I have sinned. I did do a scratch build that was not loyal to this group. In December I made a Stinson SR6. Check my sig if interested.

But all this talk of DVIII lately, I really want to do one of those. Maybe next year.

scalercflyer 02-16-2012 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 7car7 (Post 857189)
Great looking models there guys. Love seeing the progress.

I won't have any building going on for a while, life is just so dang busy.

But I must confess, I have sinned. I did do a scratch build that was not loyal to this group. In December I made a Stinson SR6. Check my sig if interested.

But all this talk of DVIII lately, I really want to do one of those. Maybe next year.

It's OK my Son. :) We always welcome back with open arms, those who have gone to the dark side! :eek:;):) Marty

touche 02-17-2012 12:16 AM

alby D111

I finally decided to have a peek at the Maxford kit I purchased for their D111.
I planned to do a re-paint as I'm not fond of all red planes... Opened the under carriage sealed bag to look at the wheels. Big disappointment.
One wheel wobbled badly. I took the lock collar off and removed it. The foam wheel was rock hard. Closer look revealed the wheel was made from plastic, spray painted inside. The outer hub where the axle comes thru wasnt even square. Kinda looked like a soft ice cream top. After some closer looks I pried off the CA hardened foam tire to reveal the two plastic hubs and inside were 3 CNG cut plys loosely glued together. There were places where the glue and ply had separated. I checked the other wheel and it was of the same quality, loose plys inside. I just closed it all up and will wait till I get home. Guess I'll be buying a set of Williams Bros wheels for this one. Nice thing about buying at a LHS you can open the box before you leave the store.
If I had waited 2 weeks I think I'd have put my money on one of the new ones coming out.

degreen60 02-17-2012 01:49 PM

"The Red Baron" movie is now on TMC. I recorded it last night. Will be watching it soon.

degreen60 03-05-2012 02:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the crashed Great Planes Fokker DVII rebuilt. I had thought about making it black with Northwind on it but the person I got the plane from had changed it to white. It looks so nice white that I left it all white. I had read about the cowl being brittle. Was missing the cowl and I bought a new one, cracked it in 3 places and broke a chuck out just getting it out of the plastic wrapping. First thing I did was reinforce the inside of the cowl with shipping tape. When the wind drops I will give it a crash test.

wattman 03-05-2012 04:12 AM

That really does look nice Don .
I have been tempted by the DVII , but just never got anymore Electriflys after my Spad XIII experience , the Electrifly SE5a works well for me , just really do not know about the rest of them , and my abilitys to fly them comfortably .
Sure wish the wind would be still for a change so we could fly some . :)