WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chit Chat (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Bikers, Show us your rides! (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3826)

airmail wf 01-16-2006 03:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MY Harley FLH 1980 with 4,000 miles one of a kind. All original down to the tires. Stored for 23 years in a heated garage. Nice fine.

Don Sims 01-16-2006 04:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well airmail, here's a few shots of my ride. A 99 Valkyrie Interstate, it's by far the finest ride I've owned!! We call it Drakker which means Dragon Ship.

airmail wf 01-16-2006 04:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Very Very nice Don. Couple better pics of mine.

Maybe someday we can ride and fly together.

Don Sims 01-16-2006 04:39 AM

That is a nice one AW sorry to hijack the thread for a few posts slowmover!!

Crash Test Dummy 01-16-2006 04:50 AM

My ride too

1 Attachment(s)
Gotta love the Valkyrie. I love my Stryker too!! It's brushless and very fast , just like my Valkyrie!

Hey Don,

Are you a member of the VRCC? http://www.valkyrieriders.com/

CTD

airmail wf 01-16-2006 04:57 AM

slowmover I'm sorry also. I'm seeing the making of a new thread.

slowmover 01-17-2006 05:29 PM

No problem here. Soon as I figure how to do it I'll show my 96 custom.

Jeremy Z 01-17-2006 11:41 PM

First flights

4 Attachment(s)
slowmover, the Corsair becomes a whole different plane with brushless power, as do most planes upgraded like this.

I thought it was just magical, how I could putter around at minimal throttle & low altitude, then when the trees were coming up, just give 'er the gun and accelerate up at about an 80 degree angle. I'm hooked forever, and brushed power systems seem inadequate now.

My local club had a gathering New Years Day. I flew my TwinStar II, my Corsair, and my trusty T-Hawk. (The T-Hawk is powered well enough on a direct-drive Speed 400)

Last week, I also had my motorcycle out for an hour ride to charge up the battery.

Don Sims 01-18-2006 12:07 AM

LOL we really need to have a bike fly in!! I'll host it at the sod farm in Dyer, TN any Sat or Sunday!!

airmail wf 01-18-2006 12:54 AM

Don, That sounds like a grand idea. :) I think we need to start a thread and see how many bikers fly. Or maybe just show us you ride. Bikes and cages. What do you all think?

Hey Doug I only dropped my Transmitter once trying to catch my SX3. At least thats all I'll admit to.:rolleyes: :D

Are you catching yours yet.:D I got it down to an art.:D I just throw the tx down and run after the plane.:p

airmail wf 01-18-2006 01:02 AM

Don I just looked up Dyer Tn. Better be one heck of a flyin'. 11 hour ride for me 676.35 miles. I don't think there will be to many bolts left on my Harley by the time I get there.;) :D

Don Sims 01-18-2006 01:11 AM

LOL WF!!! The USofA is a big place!! You could ride here, fly fast, and make it home in one day if you drink a lot of coffie and qualify for an ironbutt ride all at the same time.

airmail wf 01-18-2006 04:23 AM

Don, You're right. But after you get in your 50s that 11 hour ride turns into 3 four hour rides over a 3 day period. Besides I already have an iron butt. Or at least that's what my wife says. Or was that a big butt. Whatever ;)

On second thought. My buddy just got his pilots license and he needs to do some cross country hops. This would give him some place to go.:rolleyes: And I'm teaching him to fly RC. I wonder how many planes we can get into a Cessna 172?

And your right about a big country. Hit just about every state twice, but that was a long time ago in a far far away galaxy. :) But that's another story.:p

slowmover 01-18-2006 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by airmail wf (Post 38049)
Don, That sounds like a grand idea. :) I think we need to start a thread and see how many bikers fly. Or maybe just show us you ride. Bikes and cages. What do you all think?

Hey Doug I only dropped my Transmitter once trying to catch my SX3. At least thats all I'll admit to.:rolleyes: :D

Are you catching yours yet.:D I got it down to an art.:D I just throw the tx down and run after the plane.:p

Great:D Wish I could get my pics up-loaded,down-loaded, side-loaded, on this &%#!*& machine:confused:

Don Sims 01-18-2006 11:25 AM

Great looking Bike Smaug! Is it a Yamaha or Beemer??

Hey Slow, here's a great photo editor that is free and fairly simple to use:
http://www.irfanview.com/

I size all photos to 640x480 and upload them using the "Post Reply" button then "Manage Attachments"

If you're still stuck, let us know and someone can help you!
Don

KenK 01-19-2006 12:12 AM

1965 Flht

3 Attachment(s)
Been riding Harleys since 1969. Even went on our homeymoon with this one. Tried the valkyrie but had to go back to a Harley. Now a 1995 FLHT.
Thats Vermont in the background.
2000 Valkyrie what a great bike, but not for me!!!

Don Sims 01-19-2006 12:24 AM

My father in law has a FLHT Harley and my Bro in law drives one of those police special Harleys. Both nice bikes but they spend a fortune in upkeep. So far on my Valk and my XS-11's I've had to spend very little on the basic maintance. Plus the Valk is a better looking bike!! ;)

slowmover 01-19-2006 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Don Sims (Post 38156)
Great looking Bike Smaug! Is it a Yamaha or Beemer??

Hey Slow, here's a great photo editor that is free and fairly simple to use:
http://www.irfanview.com/

I size all photos to 640x480 and upload them using the "Post Reply" button then "Manage Attachments"

If you're still stuck, let us know and someone can help you!
Don

Thanks Don, I think I fingerd this out.:D Attachment 6203
Hope I can remember how I did this. More to come.:)

buzzbomber 01-24-2006 04:12 PM

I'd show a pic of my bike, but you'd laugh--it's a '98 GS500E with some road rash and rust from the previous owner:o. The only thing I've added is a flyscreen from a Buell and a set of Nelson-Rigg soft bags.

Being young, underpaid, married, and a homeowner means there ain't much $$$ in the bike budget, but I've been squirrelling away a little cash and softening up the wife--"Gee, honey, don't you think you'd enjoy our rides more if I had a bigger bike that rode smoother?;) "

My father, OTOH, just treated himself to a new Softail Springer Classic...:rolleyes:

Don Sims 01-29-2006 11:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by buzzbomber (Post 39782)
I'd show a pic of my bike, but you'd laugh--it's a '98 GS500E with some road rash and rust from the previous owner:o. The only thing I've added is a flyscreen from a Buell and a set of Nelson-Rigg soft bags.

Being young, underpaid, married, and a homeowner means there ain't much $$$ in the bike budget, but I've been squirrelling away a little cash and softening up the wife--"Gee, honey, don't you think you'd enjoy our rides more if I had a bigger bike that rode smoother?;) "

My father, OTOH, just treated himself to a new Softail Springer Classic...:rolleyes:

Any bike is a great bike! My Blue XS-1100 Yamaha was an ugly critter until I got out the chrome cleaner and wax and she cleaned up right purrty!

Attached are a couple shots of my Yamers. I still have the 81 Yamaha XS-1100 Midnight Special which is the black one and sold the Blue 81 Yamaha XS-1100 Model H.

Fly, that XYZ looks like a jumping machine and a nice crotch rocket! You should see the looks on young guys faces when I smoke them at stop lights on my XS-1100. :o

aviatordave 02-02-2006 06:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of myself and my better half on our bike. We have 6 kids so we dont have a Harley yet but plan on it once the kids grow older. The bike is a 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100, I bought it new with no miles on it a year ago. It was hiding out at a local dealership...got a good deal!

Its a nice 'escape' to go riding and forget everything that life brings us! :)

Dave

LuckyArmpit 02-04-2006 02:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine. Was going to breakfast and wife wanted to go but she won't ride so she drove our '96 Dodge 3/4 ton (black truck in background).
2005 Harley Road King Classic. I added a stage 1 kit to it. Lots of nice bikes around. To me, nuthin sounds better than a harley.

Dave...

vax6335 02-26-2006 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My 1980 Honda CB650, my first (but not last!) bike:

TLyttle 03-05-2006 05:59 AM

Gee, I was gonna post a pic of my restored Raleigh 3-speed with drum brakes, but then I saw what everyone else was posting...

Flytoolow 03-05-2006 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by TLyttle (Post 50361)
Gee, I was gonna post a pic of my restored Raleigh 3-speed with drum brakes, but then I saw what everyone else was posting...

Show us!!!!