WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   WWI planes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

Biplane Murphy 08-03-2007 02:17 AM

Hey Steve.... do they make ones that would work on the "Brisfit"?

WWI Ace 08-03-2007 03:03 AM

Yeah I think so. Go to www.wrightbrosrc.com I think and click products. They show the guns and tell how long each scale gun is. Steve.

WWI Ace 08-03-2007 03:05 AM

Sorry Murph try www.wrightbrothersrc.com and you should find them. Steve.

Biplane Murphy 08-03-2007 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by WWI Ace (Post 240355)
Yeah I think so. Go to www.wrightbrosrc.com I think and click products. They show the guns and tell how long each scale gun is. Steve.

Thanks Steve......:)

They look perfect for the F2b.....

50+AirYears 08-03-2007 02:29 PM

I'd still like to see a Fokker E-III finished to match the one in my Squadron publication. Clear Saran Wrap, or maybe a clear Monokote or Oracover would be perfect. Stain the structure with maybe a yellow pine or red oak stain first. No question of proper shade matching on the color of the covering then.

Near as I can tell from all my old Air Progress, Squadron, Aviation History, and other scale sources, you could probably count ALL red-painted Fokkers, Pfalz, Hansa, Junkers, Albatrosses, and others on one person's fingers and toes.

The red just attracts attention, and has an emotional appeal.

Just had a thought! Maybe I could do my Competition Models E-III in the clear finish! Maybe not, unless I want to throw out the sheet fuse parts and go to a built-up structure. Need something a bit larger than 32" span.

Have enough trouble seeing a small model at over 300' anyway anymore.

WWI Ace 08-03-2007 11:15 PM

Got the Brisfit plans Murph. Thanks!!! What a cool but odd looking airplane. Can't wait to see yours!!! Steve.

Biplane Murphy 08-03-2007 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by WWI Ace (Post 240864)
Got the Brisfit plans Murph. Thanks!!! What a cool but odd looking airplane. Can't wait to see yours!!! Steve.

Hi Steve...I completely agree.....I can't wait to see it either!!!
After the Dr1 project the Brisfit is next!!:)

WWI Ace 08-03-2007 11:22 PM

Check out my not-so-scale Eindecker in my avatar!!! Another in the bones plane. Steve.

Kiwi 08-06-2007 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by 50+AirYears (Post 240583)
I'd still like to see a Fokker E-III finished to match the one in my Squadron publication. Clear Saran Wrap, or maybe a clear Monokote or Oracover would be perfect. Stain the structure with maybe a yellow pine or red oak stain first. No question of proper shade matching on the color of the covering then.

Just use Doculam! Damned sight cheaper too!

WWI Ace 08-07-2007 12:26 AM

Maybe 50+Years can build one for us. I just can't bring myself to cover a plane in clear, real or not!! I know it sounds stupid but I DON'T like transparent covering!! Steve.

Biplane Murphy 08-07-2007 04:59 AM

Hi KIWI....glad to see you checking in.....after my Dr1 recover and paint project....It's on to the F2b....thanks for all the photos....I'll be using them for the color scheme for sure!!!!

Murph..........

scalercflyer 08-08-2007 03:17 AM

Hey Murph! I have a brand new role of Olive Drab Monokote for the Brisfit you can have if you wish. Only draw back is it's shiny. Maybe you can scuff it up or you could always spray a lite coat of dull clear for the desired effect. Say the word and it's yours! Martin

Biplane Murphy 08-08-2007 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by scalercflyer (Post 243949)
Hey Murph! I have a brand new role of Olive Drab Monokote for the Brisfit you can have if you wish. Only draw back is it's shiny. Maybe you can scuff it up or you could always spray a lite coat of dull clear for the desired effect. Say the word and it's yours! Martin

Hi Martin.....I likey!!!!....Just let me know what you want for it!!
And I'll send a check.:)

Have you started your MVR alt. scheme tripe?

I finished re-covering mine, but last few days my building time has been taken up by the assembly of new club trainer plane (80" wingspan Sig Kadet Senior)
My buddy the club secretary and I (V.P.) have been putting it together for 2 afternoons now....1 1/2 hours or so tomorrow and she'll be ready to test fly.:)
Then I start my newest job as club instructor.:<

Murph......

scalercflyer 08-09-2007 12:49 AM

PM me

Murph, PM me with your addy and I will send the Monocote. I've had it so long that it's growing a beard! :Q Couldn't think of a better use for it though! It's my pleasure to share and a blessing for me to give it. Of course, I also have some RED monocote that none of you Knuckleheads are getting! I'm sure you and Steve would think of something cruel and nasty like putting it on your WWI fighter and flaunting it in front of me! ::oSorta like getting shot with your own gun!! :red: Martin

Biplane Murphy 08-09-2007 01:34 AM

Don't worry Martin......I already have 1 1/2 rolls of red monocote. ( I use it on some of my other birds)......
Thanks once again.... PM on yhe way......Don't worry, Brisfit WILL NOT BE RED!!!

WWI Ace 08-09-2007 03:13 AM

I want the red!!! I have a Sopwith tripe I can cover!!! Oh please oh please!!! Ha ha!!! Don't worry Martin. I have some metallic red for the plane and some yellow for the crosses, (also on the tripehound) . Sounds good huh? Maybe some big orange dots for camo. How have you guys been? Been pretty busy here!! Gonna get back on the tripe this weekend. Steve.

Biplane Murphy 08-09-2007 04:29 AM

Hi Steve......no painting on tripe yet.....Been assembling our new club trainer all week.....she's finally done!!!

Ready to maiden on saturday....Then I suppose it'll be time to teach some new guys......one of the first will probably be one of the guys 11 year old son. He's all excited to get on that Buddy Box!!!

Hope to start painting the Dr1 anytime now!!

WWI Ace 08-09-2007 06:06 PM

It's always fun to watch a kid fly!! My 9yr. old is wanting to learn to fly a REAL plane now. Guess I'd better find him one!!! Steve.

Biplane Murphy 08-09-2007 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by WWI Ace (Post 245049)
It's always fun to watch a kid fly!! My 9yr. old is wanting to learn to fly a REAL plane now. Guess I'd better find him one!!! Steve.

It's pretty cool to see the kids get involved....He was there last weekend....all wide eyed and excited....a little shy being around all the adults.
I picked up the new club buddy box today and the plane is finished and ready for maiden.....I talked with my friend ( his dad) today...Dad signed him up with AMA and lessons start saturday......should be fun because our new club trainer plane is 80" wingspan....I named it "TINY":Q

Here's a photo of the "mock up" before assembly.:)

OOOOO!!!! Look Martin....A red plane.....hehehehehehehe

50+AirYears 08-09-2007 11:16 PM

Ah, the excitment of a 9 year old!! Refreshing!

After our club's July 1st meeting, an excited 9 year old came to the field with his parents in tow. As treasurer, I collected his $15.00 dues, and was part of a group discussing what was needed with him and his parents, including the fact that we maintained a couple club trainers to help him get started until he could get hold of a plane of his own. When the club newsletter came out the last week of July, It was a pleasure to see his picture with his brand new Nexstar and the announcement that he had passed his "A" level. He has been given the opportunity to try a couple smaller electrics, but decided he wants to stay with the glow till he feels ready to fly smaller planes in the windy conditions we've had this year. He will also want a medium sized electric helicopter in a year or two.

What was really encouraging is that his parents don't just bring him out to the field and drop him off, they stay with him and talk to people at the field about how he's doing. They obviously aren't the kind of parents we see dropping kids off with baseball, soccer or other activities just for the purpose of having a convenient baby sitter.

Biplane Murphy 08-09-2007 11:27 PM

Our hobby is great like that.....AMA dues for the 11 year old kid was $1....
Our club voted to have kids under 16 and spouses be members free....so the kid gets to be a member for $1 total....And spend quality time with his Dad!!!....His Dad has purchased a supercub for him, and a slow stick that I will be helping him assemble this evening....The Kids are our Hobbiy's future!!!!

So anyway....Where's Martin and that tripe!!!!:)

WWI Ace 08-09-2007 11:39 PM

I know what you mean 50+. My 9yr. old is a skateboarder. When he goes to the skatepark either mom or I stay with him. I have a Sig foam Fokker D7 built that may become his first real plane. He flies alot on my G3.5 sim and likes to fly the triplanes the best. Like father like son I guess!! But he flies fairly well on there so we'll give it a try. Since I bought my DX6 I have a Hitec Laser 4 that he can use. If he crashes it so what!! It's just a plane and he's the important thing here. We can get another plane! Nice build Murph!! Steve

scalercflyer 08-10-2007 12:20 AM

Tripe

Guys, I have to put the tripe on temporarily on hold till I take care of some "honey dos" and maintenance around the house. ::o Seems like it never ends! :{ I'm undecided about stripping the tripe or just painting her. Murph's thread intrigues me. Anyway, it's been so stinking hot up here in NJ that I just want to stay indoors. No joy is obtained frying certain parts of my anatomy standing at the field getting a flight in. However, the weather is supposed to ease up this weekend so I may get some flying in. I have yet to maiden my Funny Park, perhaps I'll get a chance. Also want to try my Katana with a smaller prop and see if the motor runs cooler. BTW, I spoke to COX Hobbys today and was told that there was some mind blowing new products coming out shortly. All the arm twisting didn't get me any answers as to what he meant so I guess we'll have to wait awhile Boys. Murph your MC should ship out early next week. It's a complete unopened roll so I think they'll be enough to cover the Brisfit. Needless to say plan it out (I always do) so you get the most out of the roll. I'm not sure, but I think they stopped making it.???? Martin

Biplane Murphy 08-10-2007 12:57 AM

Thanks again Martin...I can't wait to start the Brisfit, but tripe first!!

My Best friend moved to Wayne(sp.?)New Jersey recently....He said he is dying from the weather....It's a far cry from 70 degree Fort Bragg, Ca.

jack7 08-10-2007 05:03 PM

i got a predicament here i bought a parkzone fw-190 cuse i thought it was cool but i read these forums and found out it wasnt for beginners and i have no more money left to buy a trainer so do u think that if i practice enough on fms would i be ready to fly it