WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Sandwich, IL - RC DUSTERS Spring/Summer Fun Fly (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34923)

gfdengine204 05-25-2008 02:26 AM

Sandwich, IL - RC DUSTERS Spring/Summer Fun Fly

Sunday, June 22, 2008, the RC Dusters Club of Sandwich Illinois will be hosting our annual Spring/Summer fun fly. Our grass field is located on US Route 34 in Leland Illinois, approximately 5 miles west of Somonauk. All pilots must be AMA members, and there is a landing fee (as yet to be determined; historically $5 or $10) which covers lunch. All powerplants are welcome.

The RC Dusters meets at the Sandwich Park District Office on the second Wednesday of every month during off-season, and at the field during flying season.

firemanbill 05-25-2008 02:29 AM

Sounds like fun Kev, Wish I was closer so we could come.:(

gfdengine204 05-25-2008 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 412364)
Sounds like fun Kev, Wish I was closer so we could come.:(

Who says you cant? I got a place you can stay. :)

firemanbill 05-25-2008 02:42 AM

$4.69 for Diesel says so right now!:mad:

Plus we gotta go to Myrtle Beach the week of July 4th, darn it...:p;-)

gfdengine204 05-25-2008 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 412386)
$4.69 for Diesel says so right now!:mad:

Plus we gotta go to Myrtle Beach the week of July 4th, darn it...:p;-)

I bet you'd have more fun here.....(well, ok, maybe not.....LOL)

John Seidelman 05-25-2008 06:06 AM

You guys could'nt find anything closer to town than that?

Just kidding. And How much is the take off fee? If we bring a solar plane we could take off and walk next door to land it and save that fee right?

gfdengine204 05-25-2008 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by John Seidelman (Post 412474)
You guys could'nt find anything closer to town than that?

Just kidding. And How much is the take off fee? If we bring a solar plane we could take off and walk next door to land it and save that fee right?

Actually, this is our last year at our current field. There is an adjacent property that was just re-zoned, and there will be a house built there, so we are choosing to vacate our current location. The new location will be south of Sandwich approximately 4 1/2 miles, on the property of a member. Well off the beaten path, and away from any neighbors inclined to complain.

As for fees, like I said before, should be about 5 or 10 bucks. As for going "next door", well, sure I suppose you can, but next door is quite a ways down the road.....:Q

Come on out if you can John, be sure to search me out and say hello. :)

gfdengine204 06-20-2008 06:28 PM

Bumpin' up, coming up this Sunday!