WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here! (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3)

toy4x4 02-08-2008 07:50 PM

New guy here.

Been trying off and on for 15 years to learn to fly. Never seemed to get there.

Picked up a E-starter and Slow-Stick the other day and just waiting for the wind to go away...

Edit:

15 years?? Heck it's been 25... Where did those years go?

gfdengine204 02-08-2008 08:05 PM

Toy,

Welcome to Wattflyer. Ask lots, share lots, learn lots! :)

I'm waiting for the wind AND the cold to go away.......

DavidWent 02-08-2008 08:58 PM

Welcome Toy,

Pull up a chair and sit a spell. Lots of good people here!

David

pfatz 02-08-2008 09:15 PM

Welcome

Welcome Toy4x4

I have put it off about that long. I am now retired and assembled a Slow Stick and I am now working on a Trex600e Heli. Come spring, warmer and less windy weather, I am going to see if I can make them fly.

At 70 years, you would think I would know better, but I can do it. So can you.

There is a huge amount of info about the Slow Stick all over the I-net on the forums. Lots of help if you need it.

Have fun, you will make it.

Luck

EdH:tc:

Rabbitcreekok 02-08-2008 09:24 PM

Toy, welcome to WattFlyer and model aviation. You need to contact smokejohnson or Lieutenant Loughead by PM. They both live in Tulsa and fly at a "unclub field". I know they would like to help you get started off right. Sometimes they come down to McAlester to fly or several of us get together in Tulsa and fly at the unclub. Why even Kev came down from the frozen north to fly in Tulsa.

It is worth the effort to get help. Your airplanes will appreciate that effort.

gfdengine204 02-08-2008 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok (Post 353561)
Toy, welcome to WattFlyer and model aviation. You need to contact smokejohnson or Lieutenant Loughead by PM. They both live in Tulsa and fly at a "unclub field". I know they would like to help you get started off right. Sometimes they come down to McAlester to fly or several of us get together in Tulsa and fly at the unclub. Why even Kev came down from the frozen north to fly in Tulsa.

It is worth the effort to get help. Your airplanes will appreciate that effort.

Truth be told, I came down to visit family.....flying was a bonus!

jhp4162 02-10-2008 06:51 PM

Logged In

Looking forward to getting some good pointers on e-powered flying.
Question? where do I submit a question?

DavidWent 02-10-2008 07:06 PM

Welcome jhp! Pick a thread topic from home page, and just ask away. Lots of good people here with tons of good info

David

Sky Sharkster 02-10-2008 07:12 PM

Ask Away!

Hello JHP4162, Welcome to Wattflyer!
As far as questions, it's usually better to post them in an appropriate or specific Forum, for example "What's the best motor and prop for my XYZ plane?" would most likely be posted under "Power Systems". If the query doesn't fit logically in any specific Forum, here in "General" is as good a place as any.
Do make sure you start a separate thread, adding a question on to an existing thread minimizes the number of folks who will see it.
If there a certain brand name you want to check out, a "Search" of the site will show all the previous posts with that key word.
Usually you can PM a member if they seem well-informed in an area you are interested in.
Good Luck!
Ron

FlyWheel 02-10-2008 09:04 PM

Y'know, looking at the number of posts in this thread, it could almost be a forum in itself...

dream_gr 02-14-2008 01:32 PM

Hello from Greece!

Hello to all from Athens - Greece!!!
I am completly new and i start from 0 (zero)
all your tips (and plans ;-)) are welcome
thanks!

datsfubar 02-14-2008 06:55 PM

Hello dream gr! You are going to find a lot of knowledge here (myself not included! ) and some guys are kind of gurus on the subject. Have fun and remember, flying is the easy part!:D

DavidWent 02-14-2008 08:43 PM

Welcome Dream,

Lots of good people and tons of great info on this site. Don't be afraid to ask anything!

David

65snake 02-15-2008 09:39 PM

Okay i am new to this.Have a hbcp2 that i have crashed around 4 times.I just replaced the fly bar,but it rotates in circles!!What is wrong,and i just got a exceed raptor g2,Should i just sell it or keep it.Brand new,never flown.What i have read though,is they will not fly out of box.You need to do upgrades.
Help Please.

firemanbill 02-15-2008 10:11 PM

Welcome to WF Snake! Post that question in the Heli forum and you'll be sure to get some help there!:D

patmatgal 02-16-2008 04:33 PM

Hello
New member here, I'm talking about so new that I've broken 6 props and only had 1 successful flight. I have read a lot in the forums here and really have learned a lot.

DavidWent 02-16-2008 04:35 PM

Welcome Pat!

Lots of good people and tons of great info here.

David

firemanbill 02-16-2008 04:38 PM

Welcome aboard Pat! Keep at it and you'll have more succeful flights and less broken props!:D

AEAJR 02-16-2008 05:01 PM

Welcome Pat.

Be sure to visit the Beginner's forum and read the "sticky" threads on the top. Lots of valuable information.

Ed

Don Sims 02-17-2008 12:20 AM

Hey Pat, welcome to WF!

dallyj 02-19-2008 05:44 PM

Just got my first flyer in December now i have 10. Looking forward to lots more.

Bub Steve 02-20-2008 12:02 AM

dallyj: Welcome! sounds like your hooked for sure!! your bub, steve

Robbks 02-20-2008 12:32 AM

Hey all.
Rob here, new member from Tasmania, Australia.
i'm still on the hunt for my first 3ch plane and i've already been given heaps of advice from some of the guys about here.
look forward to learning (and crashing) a whole lot more!!

firemanbill 02-20-2008 12:37 AM

Hey Rob, Welcome to Wattflyer! Glad to have you aboard!:D

Don Sims 02-20-2008 01:14 AM

Howdy howdy Rob and Dally! Welcome to a great site!

tramp8754 02-20-2008 01:55 AM

Stryker mod

2 Attachment(s)
5" off each wing

firemanbill 02-20-2008 01:58 AM

Looks cool! So how does it fly?!

bix_612 02-21-2008 04:56 AM

hello

Hi to Marc and all,
I'm on a senior design team that is attempting to use a Multiplex Easy Glider to take pictures at GPS waypoints. We're all pretty much noobs in the flying business. The forum looks like it will be very helpful as we move through our project!:tc:

gzsfrk 02-21-2008 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by bix_612 (Post 361657)
Hi to Marc and all,
I'm on a senior design team that is attempting to use a Multiplex Easy Glider to take pictures at GPS waypoints. We're all pretty much noobs in the flying business. The forum looks like it will be very helpful as we move through our project!:tc:

Welcome to the forum, Bix. Sounds like an interesting project that you're working on there; be sure to post the occasional update so we can follow along with your progress.

Seems like several people have been doing similiar projects with the Easy Stars here lately. Someone a few weeks ago came in with questions about doing a UAV version of the EZ.

Of course, the "Coolest Easy Star Mod Ever" award still goes to this guy. :)

AEAJR 02-21-2008 11:51 AM

That is a VERY cool mod of an Easy Star. However let me be the downer in the thread and remind folks that that would be a absolute violation of AMA rules that your model must be piloted from the ground by visual contact of the plane by the pilot.

Cool none the less.

gzsfrk 02-21-2008 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by AEAJR (Post 361724)
That is a VERY cool mod of an Easy Star. However let me be the downer in the thread and remind folks that that would be a absolute violation of AMA rules that your model must be piloted from the ground by visual contact of the plane by the pilot.

Cool none the less.

Well, it DID look like he was in France, so AMA rules don't necessarily apply. :)

(Plus, maybe since he's flying a Park Flyer, he's not an AMA member. ;) )

nickflyer 02-22-2008 01:05 AM

Hello

Hey, I'm new to Wattflyer, looks like a really great forum though, can't wait to start posting threads!

-Nick

firemanbill 02-22-2008 01:06 AM

Hey Nick welcome to Wattflyer!:D

What do you fly?

nickflyer 02-22-2008 01:07 AM

Well, I just bought a Formosa, and I'm starting that build. Lots of fun, good solid plane, cheap too. I have been flying trainers, so this is my first "acrobatic" plane.

-Nick

curly56 02-22-2008 01:10 AM

Hello all,
Looks like a nice site, glad to start posting here.
Cheers, Curt

firemanbill 02-22-2008 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by nickflyer (Post 362163)
Well, I just bought a Formosa, and I'm starting that build. Lots of fun, good solid plane, cheap too. I have been flying trainers, so this is my first "acrobatic" plane.

-Nick

You'll like it. There is a guy at our field that has close to 1000 flights on his now. He flies it about everyday.

Originally Posted by curly56 (Post 362165)
Hello all,
Looks like a nice site, glad to start posting here.
Cheers, Curt

Welcome Curt! It is a wonderful site. Lot's of great folks here.

Rabbitcreekok 02-22-2008 09:31 PM

Hey Curt and Nick, welcome to WattFlyer. I know you will enjoy the folks here. Keep us posted on whats going on with you.

jhp4162 02-23-2008 02:47 PM

Jerry and Pat Prescott Family

Good to be a part of the electric fliers family;)

firemanbill 02-23-2008 02:51 PM

Welcome to Wattflyer Jerry! Lot's of great folks around. Introduce yourself why don't ya:D

What do you fly and where are you located?

AEAJR 02-23-2008 10:24 PM

If you are a new flyer, or a new electric flyer you might want to take a look at this series of posts.

Everything you want to know about electric flight:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31071