WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here! (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3)

Rabbitcreekok 02-26-2007 04:17 AM

Welcome to WattFlyer zxx and Craig. You can help and be helped here.

Don Sims 02-26-2007 11:09 AM

Glad to see you posting zxx and Ira! Welcome to the site!

saber_33 02-28-2007 02:10 AM

Hey I'm new here. Looks to be a great site. I just got my first electric heli so that i could fly in the winter while my gas plane sits in the garage waiting for winter to be over :). Now that i have experienced electrics, i think im gonna keep it electric. Next purchase= Blade CP Pro. It's kind of a big jump from a little LAMA V3 but I've pretty much mastered flying that so i dont think the Blade will be that troublesome for me.
Well, see you on the forums!

-Eric L.

firemanbill 02-28-2007 02:19 AM

Welcome aboard Eric.

saber_33 02-28-2007 03:11 PM

Thanks.

:)

Surrealg 02-28-2007 08:22 PM

Hey all. Newbie here. Just signed up and checking in.

Rabbitcreekok 02-28-2007 09:10 PM

Hello surrealg and welcome to WattFlyer. What are you flying these days?

Surrealg 02-28-2007 09:56 PM

Just started out. Bought a E-sky honey bee. I like it alot and only had 1 fatal crash lol. Managed to get a good grasp of the tuning and balancing that goes into flying. Just took my training gear off and have not smashed into anything yet. I also bought a Raptor G2. Much more complex to tune and balance but i have been reading alot which helps. I have managed to get it off the groung finally but it is still a little off. I jimmy rigged some trainer gear on it but I think it throws off the gyro when I power up. I joined this forum because I read alot on here after I was having some problems w/ th raptor. Mixed reports, and I have to admit it is frushrating at first, but I enjoy learning about things so I'll stick w/ it. My goal is to eventually get good enough to film surfers in action. I produce surf vids for NJ and I think the micro cams offer a great new filming POV and style. Although the quality isnt that good right now from the micro cams, I'm sure the technology will advance soon. Thanks for showing interest.
G.
If you want to see some vid work I have done in the past goto http://essencesurf.com/videos.htm
This winter has been pitiful so I don't have alot posted right now.

Rabbitcreekok 03-01-2007 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surrealg (Post 162388)
Just started out. Bought a E-sky honey bee.

If you want to see some vid work I have done in the past goto http://essencesurf.com/videos.htm
This winter has been pitiful so I don't have alot posted right now.

I see, you fly those machines with the prop on the top. I will probably try them some day since they are getting cheaper and easier to fly. The heli forums will give you lots of help, just post your question.

When you say the winter has been pitiful, I assume you are speaking of New Jersey. Isn't it really cold there---too cold to surf. Or do surfers just put on wet suits and gut it up? Wow.

Surrealg 03-01-2007 06:04 PM

Wtesuits and 35 deg water. Best surf is usually in the winter.

Airhead 03-01-2007 06:33 PM

Hey all you newbees,
Welcome to Wattflyer zxx, craig, eric and surrealg.
You folks are at the right place to share information and tell stories...;)

Don Sims 03-02-2007 01:15 AM

Welcome folks! Glad you're posting!

primochi 03-04-2007 04:51 AM

Greeting

I want to thank them for WattFlayer's friends to have admitted me as I like new limb of this FOREROS's COMMUNITY since she is some of the things what else and pilot like the aero modelismo
A greeting and right now posteare any one of my works :) :)

raptor-9 03-04-2007 05:19 AM

Welcome all you new members to WF,
Don't feel hard to post.........We are all here to learn & help!
HAPPY LANDINGS TO ALL!!-R-9.

Delta Lurker 03-04-2007 09:57 PM

Just found this site. A lot of great info here!

I have been flyin on and off since I was a kid and consistantly for a couple years now. Lipo/brushless, noise level and flexability made me a convert to electric flight.

I hope to learn a lot of new info here. Thanks! :)

Rabbitcreekok 03-04-2007 10:39 PM

Hey Delta, welcome to WattFlyer. This is a great place to learn stuff.

CHELLIE 03-05-2007 12:44 AM

Hi Delta :) welcome to Wattflyer, In the short time I have been with Wattflyer, I have learned a ton of information, and have applied it, lots of very smart people here that are very very helpful, Take Care, Chellie

Airhead 03-06-2007 01:04 AM

Hey Delta,
Welcome to Wattflyer. Great place to get and share information. You've got the right name, We have some new scratch built Delta threads by some really good follks...:)

Don Sims 03-11-2007 11:37 AM

Hey Delta and pri!

AEAJR 03-11-2007 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Surrealg (Post 162695)
Wtesuits and 35 deg water. Best surf is usually in the winter.

Best surf may be in the winter, but on Long Island, best slope soaring is in the winter to.

Why float in the ice water when you can fly over it? :D

Baldeagle 03-12-2007 04:04 AM

newbe

Sign up ready to learn. Don't have an electric yet, but I can see the advantages. Rich

Rabbitcreekok 03-12-2007 04:45 AM

Hello Rich and welcome to WattFlyer.

Be sure to ask lots of questions before you buy that first electric. I have seen too many folks waste their money on the first airplane and get something that really does not meet their needs.

Just ask your questions and folks will help. You might look for an electric club in your area. Personal face to face help is great.

Baldeagle 03-12-2007 01:54 PM

Jim thanks. We have 4 or 5 guys that are into elec and one guy with elec hellis. They are pretty much learning elecalso. They have given me some pretty good info. Rich

raptor-9 03-12-2007 02:20 PM

Hi Rich and welcome to WattFlyer.-feel free to ask.

smokefan 03-12-2007 11:05 PM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. New to the flying thing. Hope to learn alot. Getting ready to buy a HZ Super Cub after playing around with a airhog

Jerry B.