WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Power Systems (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Motor only beep beep (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81288)

RTA 02-03-2021 04:07 AM

Motor only beep beep

New plane setting up. Plug in motor and slow beep beep etc. which is normal. Turn on receiver and the beeps are 2 to 3 times faster and quite loud but the motor will not run. 13 years and never seen this before. New Lemmon Stabilizer Plus, Turnigy Plush ESC 80A, Turnigy motor SK4250-650 (ran normal on a test stand), radio Spectrum DX 7s. Normal function of elevator and rudder. No Wings on it yet. Is it Radio or ESC? I have never seen any problems with the radio. My last 3 purchases 1. original Timber 2. baby Timber (can be a little fun with no wind) 3. Timber X (4 cell 50C & 1/2 flaps and full throttle and it is off the ground in less than a foot but don't try this the first time) Smoothest flying plane I ever had. Still flying @ 85.

Don Sims 02-03-2021 11:46 AM

RTA have you tried turning the transmitter on then going to full throttle after plugging the receiver in, waiting for a couple of beeps then moving the throttle stick back down to see if it sets?
Another thing to try is turning the transmitter on, plug receiver in, then lowering the throttle trim rate a bit.

firemanbill 02-03-2021 03:08 PM

Could just be a bad ESC. If you are following all the steps in the instructions to set it all up and it still doesn't work that would be something to consider. This is not a dig but with hobbyking stuff you take your chances. I haven't bought from them in a long time, got tired of stuff showing up dead on arrival.

solentlife 02-03-2021 03:24 PM

Don's got it .....

Turnigy ESC's can default out if it thinks throttle is not fully down ... so not unusual to put throttle stick to min and trim to lowest as well. Do the throttle calibration with trim down ... once done - you can put trim back to mid ...

Another one is check that Throttle Trim is not activated as a Wet Fuel motor setup where it has movement at idle - but nothing in higher positions.

ron_van_sommeren 02-03-2021 07:19 PM

I assume the beep code/communication/information/feedback is explained in the manual/instructions, i.e. if you still have it.
Otherwise search on manufacturer/supplier sites, or google.

RTA 02-07-2021 09:35 PM

Thank for all of your assortments. It was the ESC. I had put together a new Pulse 40 with all new equipment. On the maiden flight it was about 20 feet high and dropped the left wing and hit the ground and that was the end of that plane. On checking thing out found a faulty switch that cut of power to the receiver and that satisfied me as to the cause. I have bought a consider amount from HobbyKing and been satisfied. A little costly for me but I have seen a Jet go down for an unknown reason. But I know RC parts are all made off shore and not made made to passenger plane quality.

RTA 02-07-2021 09:45 PM

Thank You all for your assessments. I need to have a proof reader.

ron_van_sommeren 02-09-2021 12:58 AM

You could just disconnect the power pack to disable receiver, and controller. A switch is an extra point of failure :(
Also don't assume your controller won't do anything with receiver turned/switched off.

On a separate note: even when motor is not running, the ESC still draws a little bit of current. It can drain/ruin your LiPo. Best to always completely disconnect power pack after a days flying.