WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   HobbyKing Opens Australian Warehouse. Is it any cheaper for us? (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57973)

Catalina 09-17-2010 04:29 PM

HobbyKing Opens Australian Warehouse. Is it any cheaper for us?

Aust warehouse now open. Everytime I check there is more and more models getting added to the inventory. I was really excited about saving a heap on postage so I could afford more planes.

Did a check on the 9F Panther R/C Ducted Fan Jet Plug-n-Fly (AUS Warehouse) and compared it to getting one sent from China.

Why is it still cheaper to by from china and get it shipped to sydney than buying from NSW location and getting it sent to sydney? Not sure of the advantage of Aust warehouse.

Any comments?

CHELLIE 09-17-2010 05:09 PM

Hi Mate, Gee I though Everything was Cheaper Down Under :D :D :D Cheers, Chellie

Catalina 09-19-2010 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by CHELLIE (Post 750758)
Hi Mate, Gee I though Everything was Cheaper Down Under :D :D :D Cheers, Chellie

Sorry, I miscalculated. It is a couple of dollars cheaper. I hope they stock a good range of batteries servos etc so we can make use of the larger weights allowed on postage.

Chellie, everything is more expensive here. I have a brother who lives in Texas and he tells me what you guys pay for cars/fuel, internet, CD/DVD,s, all electrical appliances etc. We get ripped off here big time.

CHELLIE 09-19-2010 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Catalina (Post 751026)
Sorry, I miscalculated. It is a couple of dollars cheaper. I hope they stock a good range of batteries servos etc so we can make use of the larger weights allowed on postage.

Chellie, everything is more expensive here. I have a brother who lives in Texas and he tells me what you guys pay for cars/fuel, internet, CD/DVD,s, all electrical appliances etc. We get ripped off here big time.

yes, i think your right :ws: most everything has to be exported to you, and you get stuck with import fees on top of what you pay for a given product.

groundrushesup 09-19-2010 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Catalina (Post 751026)

Solution: Come to Texas! They love you Aussie blokes up here - something about a similar rough-and-tumble mindset I guess.

Hell they even made my Yankee hide feel welcome when I got here 4 years ago... well, there was SOME hazing lol

Texas is awesome. At least make it for a visit! I know air fare is absurd (I priced a visit to QLD on Qantas to see an old expat friend of mine - I had to ask the nice lady if she had accidentally added a zero somewhere. LOL nah it was actually like 4K for a decent seat.

But oh well, stow away on a freighter or something - I am sure Chellie will put you up in Chino after you land at Long Beach

:Q

Sorry for rambling I got a bit too much sun at the Fly-In today

GRU