WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   WWI Era (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Flyzone Micro Albatros (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56453)

cocobear 05-15-2011 04:08 AM

4 Attachment(s)
pix

wattman 05-16-2011 01:56 AM

Beautiful work , a real looker :D

scalercflyer 05-16-2011 02:00 AM

Fanatsic job!

Originally Posted by cocobear (Post 808727)
pix

You have outdone yourself Coco! :cool: Fantastic job! ;) I may just have to purchase one and try my hand at doing something similar. I'm sure I can find some camo theme that isn't red!:eek::D;) marty

IndyJones 05-16-2011 03:06 AM

Awesome job! How does it fly now?

sinker49 05-16-2011 03:19 PM

Beautiful Albi!

Originally Posted by cocobear (Post 808727)
pix

WOW,Wow,wow-W O W!!!!!:D:tc: .

Darwin 05-17-2011 07:54 PM

New Paint

To Cocobear,
My goodness, what a talented person. That is a great paint job, very, very impressive.
Job well done, Sir!

Darwin - Omaha

scalercflyer 05-23-2011 03:52 PM

Mini DRI

Just when I was in recovery from my RC addiction here comes something else I can't resist! :eek: Woe is me! :eek::D:rolleyes: Marty

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBBSJ&P=ML

degreen60 05-23-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by scalercflyer (Post 810354)
Just when I was in recovery from my RC addiction here comes something else I can't resist! :eek: Woe is me! :eek::D:rolleyes: Marty

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBBSJ&P=ML

I can help you, go buy it. Then keep telling yourself I do not need this and ship it to me. LOL

TM4197 05-23-2011 08:00 PM

DeGreen: you gotta be the getting a hanger full by now!! You must have missed the curse on the pilots I got from you..they are doing great!!:D

degreen60 05-23-2011 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by TM4197 (Post 810386)
DeGreen: you gotta be the getting a hanger full by now!! You must have missed the curse on the pilots I got from you..they are doing great!!:D

I saw on one of the threads that someone mounted the pilot on a wooden stake so it could rotate. I am guessing you run wooden stake through the pilots I sent you to get rid of the curse on them. I have 16 WWI planes flying and 5 being rebuilt. Now I am waiting on all the little black bug here in Indiana to die so I can fly again. They are here from May till about the end of June.

touche 05-24-2011 01:46 AM

What do you mean this is addicting..Hmmm I got my Tax refund and found a Spectrum AR6200/sat Rx on Kijiji. The guy dropped the price.. as he had no replies for 3 days Just had another baby and no time for the hobby..I got parts coming from Fla and H.K. and I put a bid on a Fokker Tri at our hobby shop..now to get the Se5a started..

barmonkey 05-24-2011 10:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two little birds...

wattman 05-24-2011 10:31 PM

Barmonkey those REALLY look good , nice colors and modeling :D

barmonkey 05-24-2011 10:56 PM

Not much modeling involved...just paint, decals and putting my patience and nerves to the test. I can thank the WWI pilots and the Albatros company for the colors =)

What you can't see is the brushless power of the one with the faux wood grain...and the rigging doesn't show up well in the photos.

I still want to do one with the Lozenge wings...

cocobear 05-25-2011 03:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here ya go

Rockin Robbins 05-25-2011 11:39 AM

cocobear, is there any plan to update the Albatross to the DR1's 2.4 ghz radio?

Replying to my own question, already done!

Includes:
• Fully assembled Albatros with detailed engine and authentic WWI trim
• Pilot figure ready for paint and assembly
• 3-channel, 2.4GHz micro radio with built-in flight battery charger
• Rechargeable 3.7V 130mAh LiPo flight battery
• Four "AA" radio batteries

cocobear 05-25-2011 03:29 PM

Hi RR, the Albatros has always been a 2.4 ghz airplane.

DJ

barmonkey 05-25-2011 05:10 PM

DJ, I think you or someone else, posted elsewhere that it wouldn't be, but is it going to be upgraded to the Tactic compatible board with brushless capability?

Thanks for posting the lozenge. Excellent work BTW. Is there any way I could get hold of a non-PDF version so I could change a few things such as using blue rib tapes and possibly trying out a different lozenge pattern? Of course I'll give credit where it is due =)

Tim

scalercflyer 05-25-2011 05:26 PM

Awesome

Originally Posted by barmonkey (Post 810628)
Two little birds...

What an awesome job my fellow Flieger! I am going to do the same thing to mine (when I get it and you can bet your :censor: it won't have any RED on it!). :eek::D:rolleyes: marty

barmonkey 05-25-2011 05:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Shhh... one of them has a little bit of red :cool:

I have one more airframe and can't decide what livery to go with. Perhaps I will backdate it to a D.III? UNGN over at RcGroups made a wonderful OEFFAG D.III conversion in polish markings.

scalercflyer 05-25-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by barmonkey (Post 810784)
Shhh... one of them has a little bit of red :cool:

I have one more airframe and can't decide what livery to go with. Perhaps I will backdate it to a D.III? UNGN over at RcGroups made a wonderful OEFFAG D.III conversion in polish markings.

Well my Son, Let us collaborate on that together. I happen to have a very large library full of juicy Albi camo schemes. I will research when I get home. marty

degreen60 05-26-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by barmonkey (Post 810777)
Thanks for posting the lozenge. Excellent work BTW. Is there any way I could get hold of a non-PDF version so I could change a few things such as using blue rib tapes and possibly trying out a different lozenge pattern? Of course I'll give credit where it is due =)
Tim

Download the free program PDF2JPG.exe and you can change PDF files to other file versions not just jpg. If you have problems let me know and I can change the files for you.

barmonkey 05-26-2011 04:08 PM

Thanks Don, but I couldn't locate the program...not for Linux anyway. Pretty much just got a bunch of adds.

I did Import it to Inkscape as an SVG. Somehow I managed to ungroup all of the objects, separate the larger components (lozenge, crosses) and regroup the rib tapes. Now I can insert the different lozenge patterns, change the rib tape colors and change the crosses to the later style as I wish.

I am certain that I tried to do this before with Inkscape, but couldn't get the results that I wanted. Now I just hope to remember EXACTLY how I did it LOL

barmonkey 05-26-2011 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not the finished product...but you should see where I am going with this

7car7 05-26-2011 08:26 PM

Barmonkey and Cocobear, LOVE your planes. They all look incredible.

Really makes me wish I had a 2.4 radio. One of these days I guess.

As to a future scheme? hhmmm... How bout a real kitbash - C III.

Fuse isn't round, but most wouldn't complain.

Would take some extra foam, and a lot of patience, but would be fun. :D

http://www.tayyareci.com/digerucakla...batros-c3f.jpg