Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Capt Easy
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between Capt Easy and groundrushesup

Conversation Between Capt Easy and groundrushesup
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 57 of 57
  1. groundrushesup
    12-26-2008 04:45 AM
    Glad you got her up - I managed a few flights on mine today too. It was windy, so I had a few imperfect landings, but it is a hoot to fly, isn't it? I'll give you a ring sometime in the AM - I'd like to stay for dinner but unfortunately I have the dogs to look after, so I can't stay overnight. Hoping to have the trojan together enough to fly - woking on it tonight bu not sure if the paint will be dry.
  2. Capt Easy
    12-26-2008 03:36 AM
    Maidenedthe F4U this morning....incredible flyer. Just incredible. Had to perform surgery unfortunately on the gearafter hitting a clump of grass on roll out. Busted the 3 bladetoo. Bummer. All is repaired asnd ready for flight a gain....when are you coming up? I wauld like you stay for dinner and even RON if you can.
  3. Capt Easy
    12-18-2008 07:13 AM
    Well? How long before your Corsair is here? Talk to me.....talk to me....

The Gee Bee flew just as poorly this afternoon as it did before. Something is dreadfully wrong somewhere. I was barely able to get it back down without a serious, catasrophic, heart wrenching disaster. In short, scared the living **** out myself. I need to re-examine everything- cg, lateral balance, or replace or rebuild the repaired wing again. My first GB was such a pleasure to fly. I really miss it.

The Cub is down again the new motor sounds like it has bad bearings or something.

If you need anything from Hobby City let me know. I need to put an order together.

Give me a hollar when you get the chance and let me know when the Corsair is due to arrive.....

Dick
  4. groundrushesup
    12-04-2008 05:26 AM
    Anxious to see it go. Here's some data on the motor if you are interested - I got it from Jeff at HeadsUpRC - he is the man when it comes to researching the motors he sells (scroll down and look at the prop data)

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail (sometimes his links don't work right, dunno why)

Anyways I think this is the perfect motor for the SC - it provides 29oz of thrust (not overwhelming) and its optimum prop is the one you are already flying on her (TP 10x5e).

I have the 25A ESC and the ParkBEC in a pouch already.

My FreeBird Sailplane comes in tomorrow - I'm hoping to have it in the air by Friday. Gotta slap some servos in it and balance it - shouldn't be too hard I don't guess.
  5. Capt Easy
    12-04-2008 05:07 AM
    The motor you gave me is mounted - been working on it since this afternoon but it came out good I think. We'll see how well it performs. I cut the original brushless mount down, screwed some ply to it then epoxied some blind nuts to the back and mounted the new motor. Looks nice and clean.
    Hope you're feeling better.
  6. Capt Easy
    12-03-2008 03:38 AM
    Mike won't make it up at all due to family obligations but I hope you can make it.
  7. Capt Easy
    10-02-2008 12:09 AM
    Josh, Many thanks for the parts. Flew the Super Cub this morning and felt good to relax for a change rather than stress like I tend to do over the Gee bee. The other bearing fell out of the airframe while working on it...go figure.
    I took some pictures of it on the ground if your interested. I think they're in my gallery or whatever.
    Anyway thanks very much. Keep in touch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.05638 seconds with 13 queries