WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - Conversation Between Voyager2lcats and capn chaos

Conversation Between Voyager2lcats and capn chaos
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Voyager2lcats
    07-02-2010 11:31 PM
    Bob, I am so glad we were able to get together (albeit a short one) today. You were so hospitable to me and my son Thomas- virtual strangers! My reiterated thanks to you, your wife, sons, and friends for allowing us to invade your space. LOL. I am shocked that I was able to find it as easily as I did. Again, it was great to meet you and your airplanes! Have a wonderful July 4th weekend and a safe trip to Maryland. Your new best friend, the Other Bob. LOL.
  2. Voyager2lcats
    06-12-2010 01:56 AM
    No problem. Just PM me or post a visitor message- I check at least once a day.
  3. capn chaos
    06-12-2010 01:53 AM
    Bob,
    I think that would work fine. Have to check my calendar but that sounds like a Saturday...not that it matters much since for about 5 days...every day is a Saturday.
    Will stay in touch as time gets closer.
    bob
  4. Voyager2lcats
    06-12-2010 01:50 AM
    Bob, what are you going to be doing July 3rd? That would be a good day for us to meet if you want to fly. The PT-19 should be ready to go by then for sure (not that my recent lack of posts would tell you that!).
  5. capn chaos
    06-08-2010 01:15 AM
    Bob the other,
    Well, should be headed that way somewhere around July 2nd and will likely be in the area till around the 6th or 7th.
    I did spring for the tower hobbies catalina 53" ws seaplane and will have it pretty much ready to maiden while at Lake Murray for a few days. Will likely bring another plane or two to fly off the turf somewhere. Maybe could hook up for an afternoon flight since there's so much daylight left after 6:00 PM.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Bob thanother.
  6. capn chaos
    02-15-2010 11:51 PM
    Ouch!! sounds like your'e having another "out of Bob experience"....not to worry, I have em all the time.
  7. Voyager2lcats
    02-15-2010 11:45 PM
    Hey Bob, you are a hoot! I like the double post (I can read the message on your page and respond). I must say in response to your comment on the Lexington Hobby store that they seemed really good and responsive while I was there the one time I went. I haven't looked at their hours, but then they are out of the way for me. Thanks for the kind words on my builds- my worst fault is I am SLOW. I was actually working on my Cessna yesterday and fiddling with the transmitter when I did the dumbest thing I have done so far RC-wise: reversed the throttle dip switch and it raced along the carpet into a metal chair(!!). Result is a fried ESC and broken motor. Call me stupid and you would be correct. Ugh. I guess this is a good lesson- refer to your receiver manual (yes, I had it nearby but didn't look at it). That puts the Cessna on the back burner AGAIN. PT-19 moves back in front on the assembly line.
  8. capn chaos
    02-15-2010 09:26 PM
    Bob,
    Yeah, I know, with HTUSA you "pays your dues and takes your chances. Most of them around here cater to rc cars and really don't think much of any other RC group out there. An exception is a store thats about 45 minutes from me here but worth the drive since the owners are both knowledgeable and very much into all of the rc and modeling corners.
    I was confused by the Lexington store hours. Called about four times just wanting to get directions. Each time got an answering service that said the call would be returned. When I did find the store it was closed and that was on a Friday afternoon?. I will try that one again since it is only about 6 minutes from my (mother's) house where I have been doing alot of renovations.
    I've seen your scratch builds...really impressive. Now that I've finished the Ryan, I have pulled the Fritz 109 out of moth balls to finish it off. Hopefully have it finished before the end of the month.
    Later...Bob
    Just realized I sent myself this message....duh!,
  9. Voyager2lcats
    02-15-2010 08:22 PM
    Hey Bob, it happens. I have never been to the Harbison Hobbytown store and I have not been impressed with the parts selection at the Two Notch store; he has some nice kits though. I'm a scratch or near-scratch builder, wheels, spinners, tail wheels and such matter to me. Their servos and motors are pricey. Lexington Hobby is really good, but it's a bit of a drive from downtown Columbia. Fort Jackson is perfect for flying RC.
  10. Voyager2lcats
    02-14-2010 07:27 PM
    Bob, I am sorry to hear about your State Fair Ground "trip". PM me the next time you plan on coming to Columbia and I promise to get in touch with you. Now as to local hobby shops (LHS), I know of three: Lexington Hobby in- guess where?- Lexington! (Lexington Hobby, 4262 Augusta Road, Lexington, SC 29072; (803) 794-4268) and Hobbtown USA stores: 1) [email protected] Columbiana Station, 1150 Bower Parkway, Suite F3, Columbia, SC 29212; (803)-732-4200; and 2) Publix Shopping Center, 10120 Two Notch Road Suite 5, Columbia, SC 29223; (803) 736-0959. I wish you luck on your Ryan- I am going to check your thread! Take care, the Other Bob

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.07786 seconds with 14 queries