WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - Conversation Between Bub Steve and Voyager2lcats

Conversation Between Bub Steve and Voyager2lcats
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Voyager2lcats
    09-28-2008 08:12 PM
    Okay, that was a good translation on how you're powering the blackbird.
  2. Bub Steve
    09-28-2008 08:08 PM
    Two ESC's are run though a Y to the Rx , you need to cut one of the ESC's red power wire or the BEC's will counter one another, I'm cut'in both an use'in a UBEC externally, your bub, steve
  3. Voyager2lcats
    09-28-2008 07:46 PM
    Steve mygoodbub, saw the motors mounted and am suitably impressed as usual. I haven't worked with any multi-motor birds, so I am wondering if it is twin ESCs and how does your receiver handle that? You're the man on this kind of thing, so I have no doubt you will get it to work. To quote one of my favorite Star Trek characters: "Fascinating."
  4. Bub Steve
    09-28-2008 02:53 AM
    Did ya see the motors mounted!! bub, steve
  5. Voyager2lcats
    09-27-2008 09:49 PM
    Touche' My goodbub!
  6. Voyager2lcats
    09-27-2008 09:17 PM
    I had heard that explanation also. Hughes was not above stretching the truth if he thought the goal (production of the XF-11) outweighed bending some credibility. Didn't work in this case since the review board voted it was pilot error. Oh well.;)
  7. Voyager2lcats
    09-27-2008 04:04 AM
    Steve, I appreciate your kind offer. I've got two planes on the hot plate right now and two more waiting in the wings (yes, that was an unintentional pun my musical friend!). I will have to wait a while- don't want to antagonize my lady love just yet.:( I was looking at an interview transcipt of Howard Hughes and the XF-11. He was explaining what happened with the crash. It seems that the prop/engine lost oil pressure and he had a run-away contra-rotating prop. He said he never lost control, but it continued to lose power; so down he went with full rudder to compensate for the yaw. That had to really suck.
  8. Bub Steve
    09-27-2008 02:12 AM
    The Flight packs and lipos, servos, outies, ubec,ESC's,lipo montiors, control-rods,conter-rotate'in three-blade's,ETC.got here today!!! she'll be up there in no time, think'in 2Lbs give'r take and OZ or two, I know she'll fly fine as all these Chunker things do, I built one for Slow John (A-26) as a gift thats just a tad bigger and built this one out "left-overs from that build,,I'll trow one togather for you sometime if you'd like?? your bub, steve
  9. Voyager2lcats
    09-26-2008 04:27 AM
    SteveBub, maintain an even strain and let me know when your blackbird gets airborne- it's my new favorite plane. ;)
  10. Voyager2lcats
    05-24-2008 08:05 PM
    Steve, this is kind of cool. Although it does show everyone's messages so I will demonstrate some decorum and not post anything unsavory. I guess it keeps the threads from getting cluttered?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.03999 seconds with 13 queries