Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > DBacon
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between DBacon and Flash1940

Conversation Between DBacon and Flash1940
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. DBacon
    06-14-2010 03:23 AM
    Dear Allan,

I just noticed this message, and I hope I answered you back when you wrote to me.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    When you were in the Budd plant, did they show you the weld controls? They were my invention, Toshiba built them to my specifications, and they became the "standard" control for all of the Budd Co. They were called the "ADC" control, but when the ADC company closed, I helped Medar build a replacement, which was the same small size but in a silver box, rather than white plastic.

The biggest presses I have seen were "Clearing" presses in the Kalamazoo (GM) Stamping plant. They could press a full-size van roof. The crowns were above cloud level, it seemed...

-Dave
  2. Flash1940
    11-21-2009 07:04 AM
    Dear Mr. Bacon...
    Thought I'd drop you a PM. I visited your web page and learned that you are an expert in resistance welding and have been to Kentucky.....Bud Co. Our SME Chapter 154 toured that plant. They do a lot of resistance there. Ever see such huge presses ??? Quick change also.
    I've been away from RC since mid 80's Have been back in now for about 3 years. Isn't this electric stuff something????
    Anyway......I don't know if I'm older or not.....but for sure NOT "smarter"
    Allan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.08000 seconds with 13 queries