Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #1
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (8)
Default Great customer support from Hobbyking

I had ordered a set of carbon fiber folding propeller blades for my glider.
When they arrived I noticed a small bubble in the top surface of one of the blades.

I immediately took pictures of the problem and sent them to Hobbyking warranty returns.

I must have hit the perfect time because within an hour they had responded that the claim was approved and closed. I do not have to return the bad blade. I know in some other cases you may have to return the item, but apparently you would just send it to the closest HK site.

They are sending me a new set of blades free of any charge

I think this is very good customer service.

Dave R, KI7MTA Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (17)

I ended up with three 9xr radios through HK CS .... I rec'd one - had fault. Video to CS and rec'd replacement. Second had same problem - video to CS - rec'd third line and told to keep first two ....

I gave the first two to pal of mine - he managed to repair, so now I have 3 !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 03-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA

That's great, Nigel

Old 03-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #4
FoxProGT

Friends: (0)

I recently bought a anniversary edition Tundra that had faulty pcb wing connectors. I contacted CS to inform them of the defect but that no replacement part was necessary since i can use y leads to correct the problem. They reimbursed me the cost of the y leads and the gas it took to drive to the hobby shop. Thats what i call outstanding CS!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170312_172830.jpg (533.1 KB, 71 views)
Old 03-17-2017, 05:53 AM   #5
Panther

View Panther's Gallery7
Friends: (1)

I had a faulty receiver that they (Hobby King) replaced under warranty. 4 months later they sent me a demand for payment. They said they noticed I hadn't been charged for it.

They soon corrected the error when I told them I had no intention of paying for an item replaced under warranty...
Old 03-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

I have to admit in the past they were crankier than they seem to be now.

One time I ordered two of the tiny 4 channel DSM2 receivers, one of the plastic bags was totally empty. I had to send them pictures of the two bags showing that one had an imprint of the receiver in it, and the other had no imprint. They hesitated until I told them that there was over $1000 of Hobbyking stuff that I would like to order, and it would be in their best interest to keep me happy.

I got a refund within 24 hours. They told me that the lack of the receiver was too small to be noticed by their total weight check system. I can fully understand that.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:46 AM   #7
Panther

View Panther's Gallery7
Friends: (1)

LOL I bought 2 servos off them once. One bag was not sealed and was empty. They did replace it after I took pictures of the packaging and weighed everything as they requested. You would think the person doing the packing would have enough brains to see an empty bag.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:24 AM   #8
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

100mph Speed Demon  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (22)

I bought a bunch of 4000mah 40c zippy batteries and one arrived with a bad cell. They asked for some pictures of the battery back label and it hooked up to a watt up meter. New battery was sent and no return of the bad one.

I do admit to nursing the bad cell back to health with the revolex power lab 6 charger. still using that battery. my only purchases from HK is if it's located in the US warehouse. Shipping is very quick and arrives within a week or 2.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions