Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
SkyDaddy

Club: Valdosta R/C Flyers AMA 1348
Friends: (0)
Default Electrifly or Castle ESC w built in BEC?

I am at a proverbial fork in the road while building my Phoenix Funstar. I ordered the recommended .46 Rimfire and 60amp Electrifly ESC thinking I was good to go. After mounting the motor and studying the ESC's fit and instructions I now realize I need a separate BEC to power rx. I have a Castle 10 that I can use, but since the 60amp elictrifly will not fit anywhere under cowling ( as instructions show, except the esc looks like a lite version) I am thinking of just getting a Castle 75 lite that will fit and has a built in bec.

I think I read comments from CHELLIE that Rimfire motors do not play well with other manufacturers esc's? I think my only option of using this Electrifly esc will be to mount it back in the fuselage somewhere behind wing area. Anyone have any experience with this motor/ esc issue.

Best Regards,
Walt
Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (10)

The Castle ESC should be fine, there isn't anything unusual about Rimfire motors.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems