Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-13-2017, 04:05 AM   #151
Doug 14

Friends: (0)

ok, now I know it's not me after 2 hrs relentless pursuit was for nothing, all bad reviews in app store no one can get it working , thought I was an idiot but it's spektrum not me lol
Old 08-14-2017, 11:53 PM   #152
Doug 14

I msgd horizon hobby today on Facebook to see if I got a quicker response , going to call them tomorrow , really hope they fix the app I want to get this working .
Old 08-15-2017, 02:35 AM   #153
Doug 14

holy crap , for fun I tried my old galaxy s4 after 3 other old phones and it actually connected and I'm in , have no idea how or why but I guess it was luck .
Old 08-15-2017, 03:12 AM   #154
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Friends: (3)

I do not have any problem with a Laptop or Desktop. Never got it to work on a phone except once, and it was painfully slow. I know for a phone you need to go into sound and select HQ and turn the volume all the way up.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:27 AM   #155
Doug 14

Originally Posted by dereckbc View Post
I do not have any problem with a Laptop or Desktop. Never got it to work on a phone except once, and it was painfully slow. I know for a phone you need to go into sound and select HQ and turn the volume all the way up.
well , I got it to work , but it doesn't seem to change anything , it's reacting the same way it did originally .
I did everything in sequence, my flap 3 pos switch is my aux 1 , can't rev anything on the app ( only rudder needs rev )
It seems like it's not doing anything
Old 08-15-2017, 03:46 AM   #156
Doug 14

I give up , it connected , let me do everything even with it not plugged into the rx lol , can't get the app on my laptop so there's really nothing I can do . spent over an hr setting all my fm and then realized It was still doing what it did originally
Old 08-16-2017, 11:07 PM   #157
Doug 14

talked to horizon hobby today , I guess I'm out of luck for this rx , it has locked firmware from my sukhoi 29mm so it can't be changed , wish I knew before I bought the cable , atleast I learned a lot about spektrum stuff
Old 08-16-2017, 11:32 PM   #158
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by Doug 14 View Post
talked to horizon hobby today , I guess I'm out of luck for this rx , it has locked firmware from my sukhoi 29mm so it can't be changed , wish I knew before I bought the cable , atleast I learned a lot about spektrum stuff
Ya......we kind of bounced around that subject for awhile......but, look at another way, at least you discovered (through determination) that the RX issues were no fault of your own and you now know whether it's worth your time to continue along that path or just expand your flying skills "traditionally" and enjoy the crafts originaly designed flight characteristics......
Old 08-17-2017, 12:04 AM   #159
Doug 14

atleast it didn't cost me more , I was going to see if my lhs would take it back but I will keep it for now, I haven't joined any flying clubs yet but if I do i might run into someone who could use it.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:50 PM   #160
Doug 14

I found this link today,
https://xinhaidude.com/2016/07/24/sa...nes-with-safe/
I think there might be a way to re flash my ar636a I haven't completely read the article yet but the guy who wrote it has my same plane , so there might still be a chance .
I also msgd horizon on Facebook again today and asked if I could send them my 2 ar636 a from my sukhoi and they can re flash them or send me a programmable one in exchange for the 2 I can't use , let's see how good there customer service is , if one shows up in the mail I will be pretty happy and be sure to write them some good feedback where ever i can , if not o well , I tried .
if anyone has refreshed one of like to know.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #161
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

I found this link today,
https://xinhaidude.com/2016/07/24/sa...nes-with-safe/
I think there might be a way to re flash my ar636a I haven't completely read the article yet but the guy who wrote it has my same plane , so there might still be a chance .
I also msgd horizon on Facebook again today and asked if I could send them my 2 ar636 a from my sukhoi and they can re flash them or send me a programmable one in exchange for the 2 I can't use , let's see how good there customer service is , if one shows up in the mail I will be pretty happy and be sure to write them some good feedback where ever i can , if not o well , I tried .
if anyone has refreshed one of like to know.

Hmmmm.........

Rating customer service based on requesting the dealer to void any original warranty (flashing a non-compatible component to conform to a different application) or exchange due to buyer error.....?.....If Horizon bites on this one, I'd be willing to pay them a premium and kiss them on their sweaty foreheads................the heck with writing a rave that will only be stacked with the thousands they have already received........judging their customer service based on very extreme conditions is (to say the least) a little unfair.......
Old 08-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #162
Doug 14

I didn't offer them a good review if they replaced or reflashed, I just figured I would owe them some gratitude if they did hook me up , I've read a lot of bad reviews on their customer service but a few good ones , I'm happy either way , I've learned a lot and consider myself lucky if they do hook me up , I was hoping some one has successfully re flashed one of these then I could use both , but if not it's all good.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #163
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

I didn't offer them a good review if they replaced or reflashed, I just figured I would owe them some gratitude if they did hook me up , I've read a lot of bad reviews on their customer service but a few good ones , I'm happy either way , I've learned a lot and consider myself lucky if they do hook me up , I was hoping some one has successfully re flashed one of these then I could use both , but if not it's all good.
Ohh, I completely understand that entitled attitude.......
Old 08-17-2017, 11:24 PM   #164
Doug 14

ya , i didnt mean it to sound like they "owed me"
at all , they responded through Facebook and called me back and were very helpful , if you go to Google app store and read their reviews on the as3x app it's 95% negative, I was disappointed at 1st but more in myself for not taking more time to research before buying the cable, I've got nothing but positive feedback for horizon if they do or don't hook me up.
Old Yesterday, 02:50 AM   #165
Doug 14

i think i found the firmware flash
https://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/apps...tructions.html
Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM   #166
Doug 14

there's a version that just came out 2 days ago , it may not work with my older ar636 , but I'm going to buy the usb cable tomorrow anyway and see if I can make it work , I'm mostly curious but since it loaded on my laptop it might actually work. i will consider it the cost of learning this stuff inside and out .
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #167
Doug 14

my local hobby shop hooked me up with the usb cable no charge , which was pretty cool, I kept package and can return it after I try , so I tried finding a way to access the spektrum firmware flash info but couldn't do it with my 4yr old hanging off me, will require several hrs of reading and trial . it was a last chance attempt to salvage the ar636a but it be be out of my league with my knowledge and the os I'm using .
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #168
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Doug I apologize for not catching you had a Locked Rx. If I had known I would have never lead you on a Ghost Hunt. My bad.

Now if you do ever get an Unlocked 636, before you do make sure you have a laptop and the USB cable. I do not know of anyone who could make the cell phone app work including me. For the times I did get it to work was piss poor and SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Horizon Hobby customer service is excellent in my opinion. In my 5 years of dealing with them they have replaced 1 plane, 1 RX, and some servos. They stand behind their products. Unfortunately not all their products work as advertised. The 636 Apple/Drone app with the cable just do not work worth a darn. To get it to work requires you set the volume correctly (all the way up) in HD mode. It also requires you to have the plug TX/RX orientation. It is Reversible and if rolled you have Mic connected to Mic, and Speaker connected to Speaker. That does not work. It must be Mic to Speaker. Hate the darn thing.

Much better idea is they should have thought about putting in a Bluetooth or WiFi link in the 636 for wireless connection using data transmission rather than analog phone modem. They could do it for a $5 to $10 more. Would have saved them a lot of grief and trouble calls from frustrated owners who still cannot make it work after talking to customer support.

So if you can overlook the failure of the Cell Phone App, the RX is pretty darn good.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions