Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #101
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (8)

" I know for fact all the D/R Expos, and trims are done in the RX."

Ok, how do you adjust all this while in flight?

Dave R, KI7MTA Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #102
SkyDaddy

Club: Valdosta R/C Flyers AMA 1348
Friends: (0)

The only thing you adjust in flight are gains. There are two kinds of gains Conventional gain and heading hold gain. This video explains pretty well explains the procedure.

https://youtu.be/Nc_e2E9qy6Y

The D/R , expos, and subtrims are done on the ground with smart device or computer.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #103
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (8)

That's quite the unit, but it won't work with my systems (9303's)

Maybe someday.

Dave R, KI7MTA Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #104
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
" I know for fact all the D/R Expos, and trims are done in the RX."

Ok, how do you adjust all this while in flight?
Simple, with the 3 Flight Modes programmed into the RX. Just like doing it in you TX radio, except it is done in RX. You assign one of your 3-position switches on you TX radio for Flight Modes.

There is a down-side or trade-off. In the AR636 it uses one of the 6-channels either Aux or Gear. Easy enough to work around if your plane needs 6-channels to control everything. Just use a 7-channel AR7350 or 9-channel AR9350 receivers.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:24 AM   #105
SkyDaddy

Alright I did side by side tests with my Eflite Stick in moderate windy conditions. The winds were between 10-12mph with gusts to maybe 15. I flew the first part of the day with AR610 rx bare bones gain with 15-30 expos. It had my nerves on edge since this is only the second day flying the Stick. I then switched back to the AR 636 rx and all I can say is wow! I hate to sound all gitty but it is like night and day even just in what we call mode 2. Even better when landing in these conditions is to switch to mode 3. Using half flaperons I was able to land so gently I didn't even wake the baby on board!

I did discover when setting up flaperons (through many hours of frustration this weekend) that in the TX you must leave channel 6 as "Flap" not set to "Aileron" like you would normally do with standard rx/tx flaperon setup.

I have now successfully set up 2 planes with as3x and will never go back. Even if you don't utilize much heading hold gain, the damping characteristics of as3x are worth the extra money IMO. I tried the 636 on my 78" Beaver but have not compared it to flying with standard RX.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #106
SkyDaddy

I spoke to tech support about programming issue with smart device. I have purchased 3 audio jack cables and a USB cable just to get going with my PC. I currently do not have a laptop, the hardrive in the one I had apparently crashed while the IT guy at my wife's work checked it out. Anyway, now the tech informs me that all I need is yet another item that costs more $$$, a Bluetooth dongle to communicate with iPhone 7. Couldn't someone have mentioned that SOMEWHERE in the description/ specs of the AR636 rx?
Old 03-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #107
SkyDaddy

For anyone interested, I have figured out how to make iPhones connect flawlessly using Bluetooth dongle. You have to power up esc (with or without tx on) THEN open up app on iPhone. It works like a charm and connects every time. The best part about using Bluetooth is not having to remove canopy or battery door to make changes in receiver. You can simply land plane, taxi over close to yourself and make changes and fly immediately.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #108
GrandadPete

Club: Felbridge Flyers.
Default A Spektrum Ac636

Guys,
I reality need and explanish
Some-way I have chancing my electric U/G ,someone out the wings does locks down when in from before....properly whist the other aileron and flaps all still ok.
Is there because a there before this setting before as, they doing and does doing not the 3 gyro sets....still I going under.

Greatly Pete.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #109
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by GrandadPete View Post
Guys,
Some-way I have chancing my electric U/G ,someone out the wings does locks down when in from before....properly whist the other aileron and flaps all still ok.
Is there because a there before this setting before as, they doing and does doing not the 3 gyro sets....still I going under.

Greatly Pete.
IK would like to reply, but I cannot understand anything you wrote.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #110
LulaNord

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge in heading hold mode you would use both 'P' and 'I'. 'P' looks after fast corrections to movements, 'I' looks after slower 'drifting' from desired heading. As you mentioned, both P and I would normally be increased in proportion with one another but on most controllers the value of 'P' would be something typically like 133% of 'I' value.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #111
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by LulaNord View Post
Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge in heading hold mode you would use both 'P' and 'I'. 'P' looks after fast corrections to movements, 'I' looks after slower 'drifting' from desired heading. As you mentioned, both P and I would normally be increased in proportion with one another but on most controllers the value of 'P' would be something typically like 133% of 'I' value.
P & I.......?

What language is that translated from....?

Please explain your heading hold expertise and acronym terminology related to "drift proportion" as if it adds any value to this thread for the Spektrum AR636 - AX3X Receiver...!

Thanks
Old 05-17-2017, 12:12 AM   #112
Panther

View Panther's Gallery7
Friends: (1)

Guys,

Greatly Pete.
Sort of like Chinglish, only worse....
Old 05-17-2017, 12:34 AM   #113
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by LulaNord View Post
Huh? I can only assume "P" refers to Priority, but have no clue what "I" is. To my knowledge no such thing exist in Spektrum AS3X receivers.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #114
GrandadPete

Club: Felbridge Flyers.

Hi Dereckbc and any one else who tried to read the rubbish I printed the other night.
Unfortunately, cancer in my left brain makes me write stuff which OK.....sometimes it comes from a different planet.....LOL!!!
Many thanks for putting up with me.

Pete
Old 05-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #115
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Hi Dereckbc and any one else who tried to read the rubbish I printed the other night.
Unfortunately, cancer in my left brain makes me write stuff which OK.....sometimes it comes from a different planet.....LOL!!!
Many thanks for putting up with me.

Pete
Sounds like very good drugs to me. My brother moved to Colorado a few years ago to self medicate himself. Has not been sober for 1 minute since he moved. He did find a job and many people do biz with him. He sells beer and joints at Red Rock theater at all the concert events. Easy to spot as he wears a Top Hot everyone can see.

Seriously I hope you get well and a clear head again. This hobby like ham radio is dying off with us old fossils. We need to bring and teach youth to take interest and that require technology today. Technology requires a clear head. Good Luck and you are in my prayers.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #116
Panther

View Panther's Gallery7
Friends: (1)

I feel for you GrandadPete.
I just got a clearance on my biopsy. So thankful.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions