pd1
01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
From the 50's

av8djc
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks PD1!

pd1
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a lot of old R/C plane plans that I'm trying to upload.
Some of the plans I've had to break into two sections to reduce file size, and make printing easier.

It seems there are a few glitches in the system as of now. Hopefully in a short time I can upload these plans.

Paul

ArneH
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks! :) Interesting material.

pd1
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I got another one to upload.

pd1
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Early pattern plane

Stevephoon
01-20-2011, 02:07 AM
Paul, your da man! Keep em comming! My hard-drive still has lots of space!

Steve

OK, Now I'm not so happy. I can't get any of the plans to download. :( Is it just me?

Rockin Robbins
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
OK, Now I'm not so happy. I can't get any of the plans to download. :( Is it just me?

No problems here with downloading the DR-1 plans I'm salivating over right now! (like I would have a prayer of successfully flying that beast! Maybe much later...)

Ryan Flyer
01-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks a lot Paul!
Patrick

pd1
01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=Stevephoon;778949]Paul, your da man! Keep em comming! My hard-drive still has lots of space!

Steve

OK, Now I'm not so happy. I can't get any of the plans to download. :( Is it just me?[/QUOTI tried a download and it worked for me.

The glitch you're getting might have something to do with the glitch I'm having trying to upload files around 2MB.

Keep trying, if all else fails I can e mail them to you.

Stevephoon
01-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Yea! :D Downloads worked tonight! I'm not sure what happened yesterday.

Thanks again Paul. My collection of plans is still small, but growing thanks to people like you.

Steve

pd1
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
H-Ray, I worked at this company when this kit was being produced.
I never built a complete one.
When the kit was in production, Lou's son Gary worked there.
He built the models for the pictures and first kits.
He did a great job, I liked Gary a lot.

pd1
01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Sister to the H-Ray. same wing and tail.

pd1
01-30-2011, 10:59 PM
The 5th plane made at Aamco.
Very nice flyer.

Turbojoe
01-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Outstanding stuff. Many thanks for the uploads. I love these old plans!

Joe

pd1
02-13-2011, 11:58 PM
From 1963 Phil Krafts Stagger Bi

pd1
02-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Another bipe, this time by Ken Willard.

I'm still having trouble uploading larger files.

pd1
02-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Another Ken Willard design

pd1
03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
This is the older version of the Top Flite plane.
The kit sells for about $90 and I recommend it.

CBN FVR
03-25-2011, 05:25 AM
www.theplanpage.com (http://www.theplanpage.com) is a good source.

Dimeflyer
04-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Wow thank you verry much for the plans guy !!
George

road king 97
05-15-2011, 02:40 AM
I flew a contender and a protender ,both were great fun fly contest airplanes . Hey guys iam looking for a tidewater pronto plan if any one has it. joe

michaelj2k
05-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Here's a 1961 design I lifted out of American Modeler. I scanned the views then put the file into Autocad and traced away. Enjoy.

Bladders
05-29-2011, 11:14 PM
:ws:Hi Paul, thanks for the quick response and info-link..I have just put this page on favourites and I look forward to future posts ps the info on the Hog is fantastic

Marty

Dimeflyer
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
MichaleJ2k
Thank you for a verry interesting plan I love colecting plans almost as well as building
planes !!
George

pd1
05-30-2011, 03:01 PM
George, I haven't been able to post a lot of my plans because of some conflict with my computer and wattflyer.

I've posted a lot of plans here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265873

Paul

Dimeflyer
06-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Thank you for the redirect pd1 I will try it asap !
George

starcad
06-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Here's a 1961 design I lifted out of American Modeler. I scanned the views then put the file into Autocad and traced away. Enjoy.

Thanks Michael, back in the early 60's my brother and I flew at the old Craig Road flying site. A strip of bare desert back then. Marty would show up and fly huge Anttic. Really a very nice person and helps us learn to build and fly RC.

pd1
07-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Here's one from 1954. The High Q.
Looks like it might have influenced the Tri Squire.
Hope this file is small enough to upload.

Rockin Robbins
07-30-2011, 03:02 PM
I'd like to see three things:

1. Frank Zaic's cabin Thermic 50, not the Thermic 50x. JASCO version of course! When I build a Zaic plane I don't want that OTHER guy's design. LOL Is there a plan out there for the Thermic 72?

2. Frank Zaic placed third in the world in the 1934 Wakefield International (http://www.btinternet.com/%7Ekaynes/Wakebook/ch08.htm)Cup. I can't seem to find the plans to that plane and would love to have them!

3. Zaic's most successful tow line glider was his Floater, a vastly simplified plane that abandoned all subtlety for one guiding principle. He found that all the airfoil tables were irrelevant because the angle of attack was not the designed 2 or 3 degrees but six on a free flight glider. Therefore he changed the angle of incidence so that the fuselage was flying level while all the other planes were flying about 3 nose up! Then he introduced the canted stabilizer to force the plane into a tight but stable turn in glide mode. It was a simple matter of towing the Floater to altitude, fiddling around up there until a thermal was encountered and releasing the plane. It basically executed a flat turn, almost pivoting around a wingtip. I understand it self-centered in the thermal. Releasing a Floater in a thermal was a guaranteed max! That's one I'd love to have.

pd1
07-30-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd like to see three things:

1. Frank Zaic's cabin Thermic 50, not the Thermic 50x. JASCO version of course! When I build a Zaic plane I don't want that OTHER guy's design. LOL Is there a plan out there for the Thermic 72?

2. Frank Zaic placed third in the world in the 1934 Wakefield International (http://www.btinternet.com/%7Ekaynes/Wakebook/ch08.htm)Cup. I can't seem to find the plans to that plane and would love to have them!

3. Zaic's most successful tow line glider was his Floater, a vastly simplified plane that abandoned all subtlety for one guiding principle. He found that all the airfoil tables were irrelevant because the angle of attack was not the designed 2 or 3 degrees but six on a free flight glider. Therefore he changed the angle of incidence so that the fuselage was flying level while all the other planes were flying about 3 nose up! Then he introduced the canted stabilizer to force the plane into a tight but stable turn in glide mode. It was a simple matter of towing the Floater to altitude, fiddling around up there until a thermal was encountered and releasing the plane. It basically executed a flat turn, almost pivoting around a wingtip. I understand it self-centered in the thermal. Releasing a Floater in a thermal was a guaranteed max! That's one I'd love to have.

Here's the Thermic 50 I have. Someone asked about the 50x earlier and I don't have it.

Is this Thermic 50 the one you wanted?

I have a Thermic 72 around here somewhere.
First I have to find it, then I have to scan it, then I have to re assemble it and clean it up.
Probably this fall.
Don't have the Floater.

Dimeflyer
07-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Verry nice planes and I'm hopeing I can tile them soon !!
Thank you Pd1 I like colecting plans almost as well as building and flying
the planes ,I love building planes and wooden toys for the youngsters to
to play with !!
George

Rockin Robbins
07-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Here's the Thermic 50 I have. Someone asked about the 50x earlier and I don't have it.

Is this Thermic 50 the one you wanted?

Absolutely! That fuselage looks like it could be difficult. What they did routinely in the 1930s is difficult for us! Me, anyway. Thank you! This one is a keeper. I may scale up the fuse and use it with the Thermic 72 wing for a non-pod and boom 6' wingspan. I'll decide when I get to see your work on the 72. That will be worth waiting for!:D

stg61abc
08-03-2011, 01:37 AM
a fantastic set of plans to have here would be the Hots and the Super Hots ones. someone out there? :rolleyes:

pd1
08-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Frank Zaic designed Thermic 72.
I redrew the wings and stab so they should be straight.

Dimeflyer
08-15-2011, 03:29 AM
PD1
Verry nice but to buisy a plan for me any more ,besides that I would not be able to haul it in my S10-Chevy unless I made a box for it in the bed and I don't know
if I like that idea all that well ?
I would worry about it bounceing to much and geting crushed , I have air shocks
under the rear end and they are heavey duty and ride like a set of 6"x 6"s are there
in place of the normal stuff !!
I thank you for the plan ,I put it in the plans file in case some one else might need
a copy some day !!
George

pd1
08-15-2011, 08:59 PM
One more to finish my stash of Frank Zaic planes.
The Sailwing 50, flying wing. A bit rare, but I like the looks of this one.

pd1
08-15-2011, 09:02 PM
PD1
Verry nice but to buisy a plan for me any more ,besides that I would not be able to haul it in my S10-Chevy unless I made a box for it in the bed and I don't know
if I like that idea all that well ?
I would worry about it bounceing to much and geting crushed , I have air shocks
under the rear end and they are heavey duty and ride like a set of 6"x 6"s are there
in place of the normal stuff !!
I thank you for the plan ,I put it in the plans file in case some one else might need
a copy some day !!
George

Hi George,
I bought a used X cargo roof top box for $30. You could put one in the bed of the pick up and haul your planes with impunity.
Nice and light, easy to move around alone.

Paul

road king 97
08-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi George,
I bought a used X cargo roof top box for $30. You could put one in the bed of the pick up and haul your planes with impunity.
Nice and light, easy to move around alone.

Paul I have seen guys buy used truck tool boxes take the trays out and line them with foam to haul planes also . Nice glider Paul. joe

Dimeflyer
08-16-2011, 05:18 PM
PD1
I might try making a box with a foam liner and foam trays I have a lot of planes any more
and the list is geting longer as time goes by !!
I am still trying to get the Royal 40T engine tested but the wife's honneydo list
and the weather keep geting in the way of that !
i am also trying to down load all thies plans you guys have posted !!!!
it's a wonder they haven't kicked me off the forum for useing to much time ?
I like the wing glider plan !!
but I think I have it some where on a cd?
Be well and stay safe guys I'm going plan downloading again !!
George

Air-on
11-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Here's the Thermic 50 I have. Someone asked about the 50x earlier and I don't have it.Is this Thermic 50 the one you wanted?

PD1, you are really something! 2.5 hours to come up with the Thermic 50 you were asked. Terrific!

I have the plans for two planes that I never built, but always dreamed of. The Gold Sniffer, an impressive design from the 50's. And the Lil' Eaglet, by Bob Aberle. Tiny, tiny radio receivers and servos were my boyhood dream as I built and flew rubber-powered delights (I still feel my grin at the glide after a "rubber" near-vertical). Today's radios... wow! Glad I am alive.

I'll scan and upload, but am unsure the image quality will be fine. I'll try and do my best.

Air-on

Air-on
11-05-2011, 06:45 AM
One more to finish my stash of Frank Zaic planes.
The Sailwing 50, flying wing. A bit rare, but I like the looks of this one.
With today's foam and cf tubings, the Wow factor for this is baby is :$:$:$
Guess it will carry a camera without even noticing.
Wow!
Thanks, PD1, you are a great fellow!
Aharon

pd1
11-05-2011, 01:44 PM
PD1, you are really something! 2.5 hours to come up with the Thermic 50 you were asked. Terrific!

I have the plans for two planes that I never built, but always dreamed of. The Gold Sniffer, an impressive design from the 50's. And the Lil' Eaglet, by Bob Aberle. Tiny, tiny radio receivers and servos were my boyhood dream as I built and flew rubber-powered delights (I still feel my grin at the glide after a "rubber" near-vertical). Today's radios... wow! Glad I am alive.

I'll scan and upload, but am unsure the image quality will be fine. I'll try and do my best.

Air-on

Thanks Air-on. The reason I was able to come up with the plan so fast was I had already scanned it and cleaned it up for posting on another forum, it only took a few seconds to download it to this forum.

I've uploaded over a hundred plans to this site:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265873

I would have liked to uploaded them here as well, but I keep getting problems between my computer and here.

Paul

Air-on
11-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks Air-on. The reason I was able to come up with the plan so fast was I had already scanned it and cleaned it up for posting on another forum, it only took a few seconds to download it to this forum.

I would have liked to uploaded them here as well, but I keep getting problems between my computer and here.

Paul
PD1, I have checked the link, and it is a treasure! The "Gold Sniffer" that I have (from Flying Models, June 77) was an .35 "update" of the Sniffer you published there.
Now would you by any chance have the plans for the Cessa AgWagon? I love it, the most beautiful ugly plane ever! :)
Aharon

pd1
11-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Here's one source for the Cessna 188 Ag wagon :
http://www.freemodelplans.com/plane_plans/cessna_188_agwagan_plans.html
Here's another place:
http://plans.rcmodell.hu/planscal.html
These are DXF files that I can't open.

Here's a plane that looks a lot like the Cessna

Air-on
11-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Here's one source for the Cessna 188 Ag wagon :
http://www.freemodelplans.com/plane_plans/cessna_188_agwagan_plans.html
Here's another place:
http://plans.rcmodell.hu/planscal.html
These are DXF files that I can't open.

Here's a plane that looks a lot like the Cessna

Hah, that was a big surprise, and you know why? I am originally from Brazil, and a fan of Embraer!
Thanks man, this is a great starting point, you just wait for the pictures! :)
A great week to you and all in this great forum.
Aharon

Dimeflyer
11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
PD1/Roadking
Thank you for the ideas guys I will look into them asap !!
George

Mooney_Driver
11-14-2011, 12:26 AM

If you have a particlular interest in a plan that might have been posted in the RCG Vintage and Old Time plans forum you can go to:
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/
where Steve has most of the plans available for download and it is searchable.

Also there is a searchable index at:
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/

That lists each plan in that long running (over 7000 messages so far) thread. The last link points back to the page where the plan was posted. It does not go all the way to the post itself but both resources make it easier to see what has been posted and even download it.

Hope you find them useful.

road king 97
11-14-2011, 02:45 AM
I have been to steves great site before and i even pointed out to him where a tidewater pronto plan was to be found and he loaded it up . My first plane i owned was a pronto and it flew very well .My 8 year old son is learning now and i wanted him to own one also . :D joe

Mooney_Driver
11-26-2011, 01:26 AM

Paul
I thought some of your posts had almost a 100 in each post! Thank you for all the plans. I particularly enjoy the ones you have been posting to RCG.

pd1
06-14-2012, 12:20 PM
I've been learning how to shrink files a bit smaller, so here goes.

From 1971, Aamco Minimaster.
I converted one to electric and it flies great

pd1
06-14-2012, 12:28 PM
This is the original Kadet, designed by Claude Mc Cullough.
The plan was quite large so I redrew the plan onto two sheets and added the aileron information.

pd1
06-14-2012, 12:33 PM
A friend of mine let me scan and clean up a plan of Megow's Caudron Racer.
It's not RC yet, but it will be.

The pdf plan can be scaled up by Staples to twice size and still be a workable plan.

pd1
06-14-2012, 12:37 PM
This one is by Henry Struck
I redrew the plan so both wing halves are the same and pre joined.

pd1
06-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Here's one I'd like to convert to electric

road king 97
06-19-2012, 12:20 AM
At least it does not have alot of wing/fuse wires /turnbuckles to deal with .Nice plan . joe

pd1
06-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Before you ask, these were designed for control line.
I think they still can be updated a bit and re sized to make great electric powered RC planes.
These were drawn during WW II.

Focke Wulf 190
Messerschmitt 109
Lockheed P-38

pd1
06-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Bell P-39
North American P-51 A
Mitsubishi-00- Zero

Turbojoe
06-24-2012, 12:22 AM
YES!!! A P-39! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Joe

pd1
06-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Here's another one.
Chance Vought F-4U

pd1
06-27-2012, 03:34 AM
Another Modern Hobbycraft plan that was sent to me by Andy Kunz.
I redrew it and added missing wing and spar halves.

Nice plane, would even be a nice foamy.

Thanks Joe, hope you build the P-39.

Paul

zoltron55
06-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Here's one I'd like to convert to electric
I just bought a guillows kit of the same plane(25 bucks on e-bay) 28 " wingspan

pd1
06-28-2012, 09:30 PM
My last Modern Hobbycraft offering.
Hawker Typhoon

baz49exe
06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Fantastic set of plans Paul, especially the warbirds. Love the fuselage cross sections.:D

pd1
06-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Fantastic set of plans Paul, especially the warbirds. Love the fuselage cross sections.:D

Thanks Barry. This will be it for now or until the weather gets bad again.
Now it's flying time again.

Paul

road king 97
06-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Paul i swore i would not build any more warbirds and was going to stick building just seaplanes but i just downloaded the p-38 and for a target the zero,:D thanks paul . joe

pd1
06-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Paul i swore i would not build any more warbirds and was going to stick building just seaplanes but i just downloaded the p-38 and for a target the zero,:D thanks paul . joe

Thanks Joe,
I have around two thousand plans to sort through, If there are any particular type you would like, let me know and I'll put them to the top of the scan list.

Paul

road king 97
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
http://www.airagestore.com/ I know free plans is always good but they have a half price sale going on for 3 days and thats not bad either if you see anything you like. :D joe

offtom
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
I want to say thanks too PD. Lots of time and effort go into getting the plans up. I appreciate you effort.

pd1
07-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I just did another plan, Another old time floater.
Scientific's Red Zephyr
I'm getting the file size pretty small now.
Enjoy.
Paul

Turbojoe
07-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Paul,

Any twins in your stack of plans?

Joe

pd1
07-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Paul,

Any twins in your stack of plans?

Joe
Yes. Is there anything in particular?
Some I would have to e mail because of possible copyright infringement.

Paul

Turbojoe
07-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Just about anything general aviation would be cool. 310, Seneca, Duchess etc. Short Skyvan would be awesome. Probably the ugliest airplane ever but for some strange reason I want one.

Joe

pd1
07-09-2012, 11:27 AM
There isn't a lot out there for civilian multi scale.
I'll post what I have, but some are not my scans but plans I found on the web.
I can't redo the ones I found on the web because they're PDF files and my version of Photoshop is so old it won't open PDFs made from newer versions.

So here they are.

First up Aero Commander 680

pd1
07-09-2012, 11:32 AM
The Beechcraft C-45 is the military version of the Beech 18.

Cessna 310 early version but with a few changes cn be made to look like a newer version

Dehavilland made some nice twin engine planes.

pd1
07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Douglas DC 3
Gemini civilian twin
Piper twins, the PA 23 Apache and the PA 31 Navajo

pd1
07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Stinson Tri motors and the beautiful Lockheed Constellation

pd1
07-09-2012, 11:58 AM
The Widgeon plan I redid, I also have it enlarged to 50 inch WS.
The Viking is a nice small twin too.

Turbojoe
07-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Holy cow! Thanks Paul! Gotta go to work now but will look through these when I get home.

Joe

pd1
07-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Here's another Grumman. Al Williams Gulfhawk II

road king 97
07-14-2012, 05:50 PM
The Widgeon plan I redid, I also have it enlarged to 50 inch WS.
The Viking is a nice small twin too.First ya real me in with a couple warbirds then you yank and set the hook with a seaplane plan :eek:.You know i have a weakness for the water flying lmao :DThanks for the great plans Paul .joe

pd1
07-23-2012, 01:23 AM
I wanted to build this one. The plans I did in the past, well they weren't too good, so I redrew the plan.
My dad had this one back in the early 50's. I ended up with it in the early 60's. Time for a new one.

pd1
07-23-2012, 03:32 AM
I scanned these plans a while ago. Since I've learned how to shrink the files small enough for here, I dug them out.

I couldn't stop until I cleaned them up a bit more.
These could even be made out of depron.

Albatross D 5A
BE 2
SE-5
Fokker D VII
Nieuport 12C
Sopwith Camel

pd1
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
This is a plane from the late 60's. meant to be an aerobatic and aileron trainer.
It is a take off of the original H Ray, was even supposed to replace the H Ray. It didn't. H Ray kept selling well.

I just bought a kit at an auction last week end. Now I have one.
Funny thing is... I was working at the factory and wrote some of the instructions on how to build it. This will be my first time building an A Ray.

Dimeflyer
07-27-2012, 09:49 PM
More plans please I am still as hocked on the plans as building the planes !!!!!!!
George

pd1
07-28-2012, 03:27 AM
More plans please I am still as hocked on the plans as building the planes !!!!!!!
George

Here's another one.
Klemm L25d made by Krick.

Turner
07-28-2012, 04:09 AM
Never seen the Klemm before. Beautiful plane.

pd1
07-28-2012, 11:07 AM
During WW II a designer working at Lockheed designed an airplane for the post war civilian market. That plane was the Little Dipper.

When that market didn't develop, they tried selling the plane to the military as a one man air Calvary plane. they called it the Sky trooper.

The military didn't bite. So the designer, John Thorpe, left Lockheed and re designed the plane. He widened it for twp people and called it the T-11 Sky Scooter.
Then the engine size was increased and the plane became the T-111, a few more changes and it became the T- 211.

Didn't sell well so he went to Piper aircraft and it was redesigned to become the PA-28. Known as the Piper Cherokee, one of the most popular and most produced light planes ever.

Dimeflyer
07-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Gee guys thank you all for the plans and your time to post them all !!
George

pd1
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Here's a real nice plan for a WW I SE-5A
By Scalemasters.
I redrew the wing and stab and a general clean up too.
The plan has a second sheet loaded with scale details.

pd1
07-30-2012, 11:48 AM
And one for the jet guys.
Berkeley Douglas Skyray.

Dimeflyer
07-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Thank you to many PD1 I like that SE5 plan to much !!
George

pd1
08-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Aeromaster. Here's another one from Lou Andrews and AAmco.

Turbojoe
08-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Many thanks again for all of your plan posts Paul. While few of us will ever get to many of the builds it sure is great to have this awesome selection to choose from!

Joe

pd1
08-01-2012, 01:59 AM
After the Aeromaster was made, Ernie Huber made a single wing for the Aero fuse. It flew fine. Lou stretched the fuselage and made a new wing and we have the Sportmaster.

I built the first one from production parts, two actually, one for me and one for Lou.

Mooney_Driver
08-01-2012, 04:25 AM
PT-17

Do you happen to have any PT19 plans?

pd1
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
So you happen to have any PT19 plans?

Small Sterling PT-19 20 inch
Large Sterling PT-19

Jetco/ Hollinger PT-19 72 inch
Comet 10 inch PT 19

Pilot PT-19
Earl Stahl PT-19

Dimeflyer
08-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow I thought I had all those plans before but now I know I do -Thank you vrry much !!
George

Mooney_Driver
08-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Small Sterling PT-19 20 inch
Large Sterling PT-19

Jetco/ Hollinger PT-19 72 inch
Comet 10 inch PT 19

Pilot PT-19
Earl Stahl PT-19

Those are great. Thank you.

pd1
08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
One small addition
Hawker Tempest by Modern Hobbycraft.

I took this from the internet. On closer examination the spars and ribs were crooked.
I redrew the wing, then cleaned up the rest of the plan and hopefully fixed all the other errors.

pd1
08-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Just a warning to anyone using Staples to print these plans.
I wanted to build a Bootstraps, so I had a copy made with a one piece wing.
I had Staples print the plan, it looked good. Wing span was correct.

I should have checked further.

I made the fuselage and was making the vertical fin when I placed a template I printed on my printer over the plan. The vertical fin on the plan was 1/2 inch too short. I started checking closer.....

It looks like the aspect ratio wasn't correct. They printed my plan compressed in the vertical direction.
Rib on fuselage side view is half an inch longer than ribs on top view of the wing.

Now what do I do with the fuselage I spent all week on?

Please check your plans for accuracy before you cut wood.

Paul

Dimeflyer
08-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Pd1
I have that problem with my own printer here at home so I am used to checking sheet of any plan for any plane I want to build any more !
I had a copy made up of a couple of plans at a print shop a few squars back and they did the same thing with them ,I went back and demanded my money back and
they gave a song and dance about copy rights infringement and I told them to look at the oridginal that I brought with me - It said in fine print on both plans for personal use only not for resail and I told them if they did not do them right for free
I would take them to court in small claims court for fraud so the manager told them
to do it right or go find a nother job .
I told him I would not be back after they did the redo and I had checked them out right there in his office They still had to do one sheet over because it was to big -and I told him to watch what they did on the second re do !
They finaly got it right and I have never been back to that place since !!!!
If I did work like that I would have been out on the street post haist !!
Sory for venting guy but it buggs me when I pay for things and someone messes with my purchased material like that !!!!
You are right about every one needing to check plans when they are copied !
George

Bill G
08-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Just a warning to anyone using Staples to print these plans.
I wanted to build a Bootstraps, so I had a copy made with a one piece wing.
I had Staples print the plan, it looked good. Wing span was correct.

I should have checked further.

I made the fuselage and was making the vertical fin when I placed a template I printed on my printer over the plan. The vertical fin on the plan was 1/2 inch too short. I started checking closer.....

It looks like the aspect ratio wasn't correct. They printed my plan compressed in the vertical direction.
Rib on fuselage side view is half an inch longer than ribs on top view of the wing.

Now what do I do with the fuselage I spent all week on?

Please check your plans for accuracy before you cut wood.

Paul
I've had a number of issues with off-scaling in one direction. Definitely something to check for at the print shop, given the number of issues I've had here at home. There are so many settings and "tricks" that must be used to print files from different programs with various printers properly, and I doubt all the staff at Staples or anywhere else are experts on it.

I've actually taken views and folded them over like a Mad magazine fold out, :Q to "correct" the view. At that point however, you're really scratch building and redrawing. The same goes for padding the heck out of parts. Seriously though, those are not solutions you would be looking for at this point. I can understand the frustration.

road king 97
08-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Hey Bill ,Ivan and others who have built from his plans have had the same problem .I take mine to a constuction plan place that i have been doing buissness with for a long time and they tripple check it for me before i pick them up,then i check it before i start cutting out parts . It would be great if all plane plans had a scale on them ,some do some dont but its easyer to check them this way when they do.:D I have noticed alot of builders forgetting it gets sheeting on both sides of a wing also while building it ,most times they have to add wood to the spar to make up for difference .

pd1
08-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys, I spent the better part of this morning at Staples trying to get the plan printed correctly. You would be surprised how many times they said it was "right" now.

I also put a scale on the plans one vertical and one horizontal.
I'll be doing it on all my future plans. It made checking the plan a lot easier.

They finally did get it right, once they called the main office and was told how to shut scaling off.

Take a look at the lower right side of this plan.

Paul

Dimeflyer
08-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Thank you PD1 I will be going for a devorse in about a month or two so I will be gone
from the computer then .
so all of you be well and stay safe , I had fun here for a few years .
George

piercethesky
08-07-2012, 12:57 AM
This thread is awesome!!!! Thank you all for posting these. My wife is going to kill me when I start bringing home the full page plans cluttering up the living room :)

pd1
08-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Last of the plans I have from Aamco. The X-Ray.
Nice flying plane.
A bit rare.

Dimeflyer
08-07-2012, 11:29 PM
This one definitelly looks like an oldie but a goody !!
I think I may have built one of thies a long timeago for someone else ??
please keep them comeing PD1 I have been given a reprieve by the wife ,
it seems I did something bad and something good so they cancled each other out !
George

pd1
08-08-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm trying to get some building done in my spare time.
As I clean up the old plans a bit more, I'll keep posting them.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

pd1
09-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Here's one that would be a nice small electric.
Earl Stahl from Feb., 1940 Model Airplane News, Fairchild 24K
This plan is available from the plan page; http://www.theplanpage.com/esp.htm
I just stitched it together and added the missing bits.

pd1
09-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Here's one I lifted off the internet and stitched it together.
Cute plane

pd1
09-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Another one I stole off the internet and I redid .
Owen Kampen Skampy.

pd1
09-15-2012, 05:07 PM
I redrew this one. It had a lot of diagonal lines on the plan.
I didn't scan it, but I did the clean up.

Dimeflyer
09-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Very nice PD1
Thank you for the great plans guy !!
George

Bill G
09-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Here's one that would be a nice small electric.
Earl Stahl from Feb., 1940 Model Airplane News, Fairchild 24K
This plan is available from the plan page; http://www.theplanpage.com/esp.htm
I just stitched it together and added the missing bits.

I saw your name at outerzone.uk. Good to see you working on these old plans. The Stahl Fairchild 24 would be a great small electric. I was just looking at that plan today. It's similar to what I recently did with the Guillows Fairchild 24, where I sheeted the nose for a more scale look.

pd1
09-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Bill,
The Fairchild looks great.

If you want me to take a look at any plans before you build just let me know.
I've found a lot of the plans that are just scanned and stitched aren't square or straight when I checked them.
I'm not an expert, but I am getting better at resurrecting old plans and straightening them out.

Dimeflyer
09-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Bill G.
very nice model !
You do great work .
George

BanjoTX
01-31-2013, 05:26 PM
I flew a contender and a protender ,both were great fun fly contest airplanes . Hey guys iam looking for a tidewater pronto plan if any one has it. joe

Hi J oe,
If ya'r still looking for pronto plans please chk out my thread on RCGroups.

Thread # 1491154 in vintage old timer forum

Banjo

PS ya find everything ya need to be able to build a Pronto

road king 97
01-31-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi J oe,
If ya'r still looking for pronto plans please chk out my thread on RCGroups.

Thread # 1491154 in vintage old timer forum

Banjo

PS ya find everything ya need to be able to build a ProntoHi banjo Road king 97 is also cracksmeup on rcg .I asked for the plans right before i flound your thread on rcg and scratch built mine. Yes you are right your thread has everything to build one.:D joe

BanjoTX
01-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi banjo Road king 97 is also cracksmeup on rcg .I asked for the plans right before i flound your thread on rcg and scratch built mine. Yes you are right your thread has everything to build one.:D joe

HI Joe!!!

I kinda figured it out when I noticed the IL address thingy LOL
Hope ya'r have'n a grand fly'n season

Banjo

road king 97
01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
I did take my pronto out a couple weeks ago but since then its either been to windy or cold so staying inside for now. Hope you are building or flying too. joe

nitrowing
02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi Guys

I have some Berkely Cessan 170 plans
any one have the die cut former and stab rib drawings?

road king 97
02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi Guys

I have some Berkely Cessan 170 plans
any one have the die cut former and stab rib drawings?
Thanks:) i have a 40 inch 180 but not the 170. Its on page 3 here along with a bunch of other plans . Just click on the colored letters at the bottom of each one to open up the free download window . joe http://174.142.160.206/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11223&sid=20cd97add854fc1aca4c2a24032f07c4&start=60 On the plan you have i think they show you the full airfoil ribs and the end one on the top of the plane so if you cut the end one and put it over your plan and the full airfoil one in the middle where it starts to taper you can hold a straight edge and figure out the rest of them in between.

nitrowing
02-27-2013, 01:20 AM
thanks
I have that plan too
may have to make a hybrid version, compiled from several plans:)

nitrowing
02-27-2013, 04:03 AM
for some reason i thought i had all the wing rib info, well I dont..be kinda hard to design all the ribs, never attempted.Is there some sort of program that would design the ribs per plans?

road king 97
02-27-2013, 01:53 PM
for some reason i thought i had all the wing rib info, well I dont..be kinda hard to design all the ribs, never attempted.Is there some sort of program that would design the ribs per plans?I have found your same plan on many sites but none have wing ribs or elev ribs. Did you ever think about trying to use the ribs off of the 180 for the 170 ? you will have to try to get them close to the same size but i dont see why it would not work. joe

nitrowing
02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
my head is spinning with all the plans ive researched. I think the smaller 180 plans had a full flat bottom wing, but definately considered it.
found a laser cutter for the berkely, i'll just go that route

road king 97
02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
my head is spinning with all the plans ive researched. I think the smaller 180 plans had a full flat bottom wing, but definately considered it.
found a laser cutter for the berkely, i'll just go that route Good luck nitrowing i have so many builds to start or finish my head spins all the time . :eek: :D joe

spitfire
03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
You wouldn't happen to have plans for the Curtis P-6E would you?

Quite the breathtaking bird if you ask me...

road king 97
03-01-2013, 02:07 PM
You wouldn't happen to have plans for the Curtis P-6E would you?

Quite the breathtaking bird if you ask me...Give me a couple days to look through all my sites . :D joe

road king 97
03-01-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3959 This is a 24 inch control line plan but it could be blown up and i am still looking for a bigger one. :D You have to buy this plan but i have bought plans from them before and they are nice . http://www.airagestore.com/plans/curtiss-hawk-p-6e.html There are 500 pages of plans here but iam to lazy to hunt your plans today . lol You can look here or ask them and they will help you out.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265873 Here is a 16 inch wingspan plan. joe

Northern Mike
02-18-2014, 08:54 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would touch it (as it was how I found this forum).
I have an original JASCO Thermic 50 (not the 50x) still unassembled in its box with the plans. I'll try to get it scanned so I can post them.

Here is the kit.

pd1
07-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I've been having trouble uploading plans so...
Time to revive the thread.

Here is the Comet Phantom Fury.

Edit.. This plan is redrawn so both wings are already joined. I made the opposite halves of the wing and stab by making mirrored images of the original.
Now the left half and the right half are exactly the same.

The original version is on outerzone.

pd1
07-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Lets try again
The Mirage... a compact multi... long out of production

The X-103 is the plan and build article as it appeared in a magazine.

pd1
07-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Here's a hard one to find The original Carl Goldberg Sr. Falcon.
This one is not the same as the ARF. This was from the 60's.

Dimeflyer
07-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Thank you for the plans guys !
George

Turbojoe
07-03-2014, 12:17 AM
You ROCK Paul! Thanks for all the effort you put into this plans forum.

Joe

pd1
07-23-2014, 11:32 PM
A couple of years ago I bought a gentleman's collection of kits.
One kit he gave me was a started Midwest "Das Little Stick", I've never been a fan of "Sticks" so I put it in a pile of others I thought I would just trade or sell.

Recently I was looking for something and I came across the Little Stick, The ribs were assembled and the wing was still straight.
It had 40 years of dirt and some other unknown stuff covering it, but why not.
I finished the plane in a couple of weeks, All it needs now is some trim.

I'll get some pictures soon.
But here's the plan.

DEG
07-24-2014, 03:30 AM
One from the past....:) Nice, I like it....

SrFalcon
07-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Here's one I lifted off the internet and stitched it together.
Cute plane

Hi Paul

Thanks for this small bi-plane version of the Super-Sixty (I've been flying my Super 60 for more that 20 years now).

I also met and flew with Dave Boddington when he visited South Africa in the mid 90's and attended one of our events at Swartkops AFB near Pretoria. I let him have some stick time on my Super 60.

Thanks for the effort you are putting into this thread, it's wonderful. NO POLITICS! NO ARGUMENTS AND NO C@#P About COPYRIGHTS :D

BTW how do I add my SrFalcon avatar, what format must it be in?

Cheers

Marc

pd1
07-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Hi Mark,
Welcome to wattflyer.

I believe to add or change an avatar click "My wattlyer" top left part of the screen.
When the drop down menu appears click change avatar.

The picture must be small 80x 80 pixels or less.
My picture is in jpeg format, I don't know if any other formats are accepted.
If you have a problem shrinking you picture to fit, let me know, Photoshop to the rescue.